cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Phase

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When did Public Mobile end its beta phase?

How likely with Telus shut Public Mobile down?

8 REPLIES 8

@Michael77 Telus has always been quiet about this

Many suspect there is a clue buried in account numbers but it has been proven (many times) those numbers are not even sequential much less wholly accurate

@Michael77 wrote:
I would really like to know the exact number of customers PM has? Do you think this is public information?

@Luddite

The Nov promo went on a life of its own (timing was perfect as Wind dropped the ball and had alienated alot of their long term client base with LTE debacle)

But we also saw a few major issues we never saw before (and you can also see a huge spike in wireless code complaints...) in addition to a huge spike in known issues

I think *now* the dust has settled things are running far smoother, but really do not think profits are up (to the contrary, since most clients are on promo plans now arpu is surely lower, and Koodo was also canabalised during the promo frenzy)

It got so bad that both Fido & Virgin actually price matched which says something for the promos crazy success

Oh and since they advertise word of mouth, I suspect most long term and new clients easily racked up more referals during this time than the years prior

@Luddite wrote:

Although it does depend on what constitutes a big mistake. Perhaps PM has 10,000's more customers now even with the bugs. Robot Frustrated

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I would really like to know the exact number of customers PM has? Do you think this is public information?

@kav2001c wrote:

Last summer there was a big debate as to whether to end the BETA or not

I was personally against it arguing things needed to be fixed first but the powers that be decided they would get more new clients and more revenue by dropping the BETA

Time has proven this was a huge mistake as there are so many issues that never got fixed

Although it does depend on what constitutes a big mistake. Perhaps PM has 10,000's more customers now even with the bugs. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Last summer there was a big debate as to whether to end the BETA or not

I was personally against it arguing things needed to be fixed first but the powers that be decided they would get more new clients and more revenue by dropping the BETA

Time has proven this was a huge mistake as there are so many issues that never got fixed

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It was removed as of May 2016.

PM has shown no sign of closing so it's here to stay 🙂

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As seen in other threats when Telus bought and reintroduce Public Mobile they did it as a "beta phase" in either a way to test the market and attempt to continue to tweak their business model and/or expand support and back end technology for it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

What do you mean by beta phase?  It appears that Public Mobile is being positioned to be a Chatr competitor.  

Need Help? Let's chat.