cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been out of country since november

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone, been out of Canada since November, I kept my acct topped up every 2.5 months so won’t lose my number.  Just got back into Canada on Wednesday, got a new SIM card as my phone got stolen 3 months ago, activated the sim yesterday can’t mKe any phone calls, I swear I topped up my acct yesterday, logged in still shows me as owing money, topped up again now it’s showing I paid and reactivated renewal as well!!  Will try doing an outgoing call in an hour, and see how it goes!!  Need this number as will be getting a wellness check do to COVID 19 and don’t want to miss that call

Meant to put when I call a number it says I don’t have an account so can’t complete call!!  Can I get some help on this matter ASAP 

21 REPLIES 21

krzcnck

hello everybody that has been following this thread;  turns out i had a faulty sim, got a new one yesterday and can text and make phone calls now!!  

Thanks for everyones input and suggestions

@krzcnck Totally understand your frustration. As I understand the current situation you've done everything correctly:

• restarted your plan/account every 2.5 months
  • added payment again when you got home ($15 twice it seems)
  • logged into your account and changed the SIM to the new one
  • turned lost/stolen phone OFF

Now your plan shows active and Available funds of $15 but there is no service. The only test you've not tried is an active SIM in your phone and your current PM SIM in a different phone.

Once you have tried that last testing and it confirms the PM SIM is not active and your phone is fine, I suggest, sadly, that you open a new ticket. 

Some last thoughts while awaiting the moderators:

• as backup get the app from fongo.com, or TextNow, for free calling/texting over wifi
  • login to your account and use SIM lost/stolen to suspend service, logout, then login reactivate service, logout and reboot your phone
  • login to your account and see if there is a reactivate button showing or, failing that, see if you can do an immediate plan change to the $15 plan
  • that message from 611 is a good sign as it indicates your plan is still recoverable
  • you've marked this topic Solved, so members are not as attentive

Trust you had some fun while away.

PM can be an adventure but we're in it together.

Hang in there. Better days to come.

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krzcnck

@Luddite every time I rebooted phone the pm SIM card has been in there, never tried dialling 611 today, it says ‘my acct has been suspended due to no payment’ when in fact I have $15 credit on it right now!!  Grrrr this my first real problem I have had with PM in my almost 2 yrs with them!!  Driving me insane!!  I mean I have 2 weeks at home anyways but it would be nice to have to not rely on wifi everywhere, once quarantine for me is over!

@krzcnck 

• Reboot the phoen with the PM SIM installed, and report any message that appears.
  • What message do you hear when dialing 611?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krzcnck

@AE_Collector unlocked apple iPhone the new se, i just assumed it was compatible with PM, my husband has a iPhone xsmax will see how it works with that when i see him in a hour or so!!  it shows as PM on the phone so yeah hopefully get a resolution soon

@krzcnck 

Brand new phone or an older one?

No chance it is locked to another provider? (likely only if it is several years old)

Its available frequency bands are compatible with PM? I’m sure the moderators have gone through this stuff with you already. Hopefully they figure it out soon, sounds like a strange one!

AE_Collector

krzcnck

no phone was stolen with pm sim card inside as well as another country's sim!!  so had to start with new phone, new sim.  still working on it with the team, topped up acct, restarted phone, toggled into airplane mode, suspended acct, restarted network setting, only thing i didn't and can't do until this afternoon is see if the sim works in another phone, as my husband is coming home this afternoon!!  But everything that has been suggested has been done and still no resolution!

@krzcnck 

Moderators weren’t able to get you working?

You said SIM card was stollen but not your phone, everything is the same except the new SIM card and the fact that you were running with a phone plan that was suspended part of the time?

AE_Collector

krzcnck

Sim card is correct, had to add more money, restarted phone still not able to make calls!!  don't know what is wrong!!! 

@krzcnck 

Let us know what the outcome is.

AE_Collector

krzcnck

yes i did all that but i activated sim card first before i added funds, i think that is where i went wrong.  Chatting with moderator team right now, hopefully can get this resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krzcnck 

"Activate" is a bit of a keyword. Can you login in to your self-serve that you've been using all this time and choose Change SIM and see if the last 4 digits showing match the last 4 digits on the actual card in your hand.

I'm just wanting to eliminate the possibility that you activated a new account rather than just changing the SIM on your existing account. Maybe you didn't and that's good.

Edit: dang slow

@krzcnck 

As you wait for moderator help, you may try the following:

Network reset on phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

You could also try the SIM card in another phone.  Helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

When you say you “activated the new SIM card” you logged into your existing account and did the Change SIM function, correct? This was done after topping up and reactivating the account first? Adding funds doesn’t put it back into service if it was in suspended status. And it may have to be active to change the SIM.

AE_Collector

krzcnck

thanks everyone who replied just sent a ticket through the bot Simon!!  Hopefully get a solution.  Tried doing lost/stolen method didn’t seem to work.  Guess will just use gpixel4 last response as a solution for now, cause people will ask

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@krzcnck I would ask moderators for a fix. Follow directions of @gpixel 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your phone tell you that your account is inactive? Are you sure that your top-ups go towards the new sim that you purchased?

@krzcnck try putting your service in lost/stolen mode and then disable it.

contact customer support here if you're still having issues

1. faster response time (use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. slower response times (not high priority)
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

krzcnck

It does show my acct as active.

I restarted my phone tried to make 2 phone calls, still says I don’t have an active acct!!

thanks for suggestions @Danchvn and @gpixel 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krzcnck Does your account in Self Serve show your account being active?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@krzcnck try restarting your phone. login to your self serve and does the account say active?

Need Help? Let's chat.