cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Because of such poor cell service, I am forced to leave Public Mobile for a more reliable provid

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @Curtis,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your experience!

(snip) 

Please me know if you need further assistance.

Mary

Thank you Mary...PM sent.    

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Because of such poor cell service, I am forced to leave Public Mobile for a more reliable provid

Yes, a Telus agent lied to you about the unlocking and also badmouthed Public Mobile.

Now tell me please if this is the customer service you want to go back to.

Highlighted

@daredogg wrote:

A question to you... why are you coming on here sharing your story? are you just wanting the community's sympathy or are you looking for a solution? I think Mary_M was gracious to provide a suggestion of swapping out the SIM card, to see if that would improve things (especially if you have 2 months left, an extra $5 won't hurt). I'm not trying to be rude, but if you decided to switch, I don't see the reason in telling us all about it. Anyway, all the best, and I hope either service is improved here or you find better cell service elsewhere. Robot Frustrated

Well, I've had problems since the 3rd day.  I came on the forum looking for help then, and it took days before there was an actual proper suggestion (many will offer anecdotes and frivolous information, but not the actual answer I need).  I finally got the phone up and running after doing a lot of Googling myself (which ironically was the only helpful suggestion from other members). 

Then...ran into this problem.  Again I googled and sought help.  Again, taking days. So I then made the thread.  Again, waiting over a day and yes, Mary is very kind with her offer, and I'm taking her up on it. (Obviously I hadn't logged in to see her post until just now)  So don't think it went ignored.

But even that causes severe problems.  My son is special needs, but high functioning.  That means he goes around the city on his own, taking trains and buses.  He has university and a volunteer job with a Junior Hockey team.   Having his cell unreliable is a major problem.   When hiccups occur (train gets canceled, has to alter his travel plans, etc, etc) he needs to be in contact with me immediately, and vice versa.   Having to wait days for mere suggestions and guesses from other members, having to go online to research problems, etc, etc, is just not something I can accept.

I didn't come on here for sympathy....I came on hoping that the thread might draw some help from a PM employee (my first threads did nothing of the kind) and also make my experiences public.   In this digital age, this is how a company is judged, no?  People want to hear about other people's experiences in dealing with a company, both good and bad.   I am here giving my experience and the resulting solution (if any).

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried his sim in a different phone? Just to see if you experience the same issues.
Highlighted

@ute1978 wrote:

Yes, a Telus agent lied to you about the unlocking and also badmouthed Public Mobile.

Now tell me please if this is the customer service you want to go back to.

Where did I say this is who I want to go back to?

Ironically the Telus agent said, "you might run into technical problems and there won't be any support for you".    Hmmm....she nailed that one, didn't she?

Fact remains that in over 10 years, I've never had a problem with cell service with Telus, but in only 30 days, I have yet to receive satisfactory service from PM.  Why the switch, you ask?  Money. plain and simple.  I was paying $95 for a smaller plan.  I figured, there are obviously thousands (hundreds? millions?) of satisfied PM customers...what could go wrong?  "I don't need no stinkin support"....well guess what.  There are problems, I need support, and I have none. 

Highlighted

What do you mean you have none? Did you not speak to Mary?
Highlighted

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Have you tried his sim in a different phone? Just to see if you experience the same issues.

I don't have another phone to try it with.  Both mine and my wife's are locked to a different provider.   It's a brand new phone.  Like straight out of the box new. First had to get it running on the Telus SIM so that she could register it and unlock it, then put in the PM SIM card and ported the number over.   It worked fine for 3 days...then lost all connection completely.  Figured out my APN settings, worked...."okay" for a few weeks. (still intermittant loss of connection..no connection in our basement) but still worked. 

Then all of a sudden it is barely connected 50% of the time, no matter where he is. 

Highlighted

So I guess it's possible it's the phone. I'm sure Mary can hook you up with a sim and you could try that. If that doesn't work I'd say it could be the phone.
Highlighted

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
What do you mean you have none? Did you not speak to Mary?

*sigh*....please read my responses.   As I stated: Yes, I've sent Mary a PM.  I am waiting for her responses, suggestions.

If you read my responses you would see that a cell phone that goes out of service, and that takes days to fix is something I can't have. Period.  This isn't a phone for a plaything.  It's a serious device, needed for the health and well being of my son.    

I need support as in "*dial611*...."hello support? My phone isn't working"   "There you go, it was blah blah blah problem..phone is working now". 

Having to come onto a forum, make a thread, receive countless of useless anecdotes and derogatory suggestions, hope for a mod to notice, hope they receive a PM, hope they have time to respond.....That is not "support". 

Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Yes @Rockdaddy22, he'll be trying out a new SIM card 🙂 We will get to the bottom of this!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **