Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be thankful for what we have from PM

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Just a good read 😛

https://www.recode.net/2017/8/2/16069642/verizon-att-tmobile-sprint-mobile-customers-slow-speeds-unl...

10 REPLIES 10

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@calvin best comment yet

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Maybe he is trying to say we should be thankful he is a mod...

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I'm thankful for the 12 GB / 90 days / $120 plan, because the price is fair. To your other point, average speeds in Canada are about 2x higher (30 Mbps), so it's not a noticeable difference in day to day usage. A lot of people would give up half the speed for unlimited data.

Radeonic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If by thankful you mean weary then I agree with you. Judging by what the US carriers are doing, I'm not gonna be surprised if we're having the same treatment 6 months down the road.

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Samianauman wrote:
I am happy that I am on the lowest lte price plan. But now the prices are sky high I can't even refer to anyone. I was checking big 3 carrier prices. They are at 85 bucks mark for 6gb lte but they are Canada wide. And lots of peoples doesn't know that pm is part of telus and since its only 10 dollar difference lots of new customer won't bother switching to pm. That's what I think. But I am thankful of having great price.

True, don't you see T-Mobile's speed increased by 5%?

T-Mobile offer unlimited data plan since 2012 (if I remember correctly).

That's the result of consistent capital investment! They are preparing for 5G.

So they are able to handle large data load.

However, I do agree they need to put a cap on unlimited plan.

Some people use crazy amount of data (>20 or even 100GB?)

That <5% users are ruining the experience of the other 95% user.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
@will13am You are probably on the fall promo plan. Aren't you? This is probably the reason you are staying, and don't forget the rewards system.

The point we failing to see here is that PM might have introduced the new 3G limited speed plans, so rest of us can enjoy fast LTE data as it lowers the chance of collusion all together on Telus network.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
People who have the old grandfathered plans may be thankful, but for the rest of the people that are looking at the new plans, I'm just thankful there's still wind. Once they increase the prices for the old plans, I'm out

I am happy that I am on the lowest lte price plan. But now the prices are sky high I can't even refer to anyone. I was checking big 3 carrier prices. They are at 85 bucks mark for 6gb lte but they are Canada wide. And lots of peoples doesn't know that pm is part of telus and since its only 10 dollar difference lots of new customer won't bother switching to pm. That's what I think. But I am thankful of having great price.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Why should we be thankful?  For a 50% price increase in the LTE plan and how that alleviates congestion?  We are the customer and so public mobile should be thankful for our patronage.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would take slightly slower speeds with 'unlimited' data you can actually make use of over fast speeds and very limited data (as we have in Canada) any day 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.