cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges

brosimpson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could you please explain the  purpose of the badges?

16 REPLIES 16

@88cranston wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  Lol! No I don't remember playing pennies...but we did attach the least valued hockey card with a closepin to our bikes so the spokes on the back tire would make it sound like a motorcycle. I wonder how many guy lafleur or Ken Dryden cards I ruined back then.

You have got to be old!!

I was aware if the hockey card trick. Zoom zoom. 

And you bought the cards for 5 cents.....wax paper package with gum and card??

And did you ever put a narrow leather belt on your bike wheel hubs to keep them clean and shiny. 

Do you remember if you left your bike parked at school the city would leave you a ticket if you did not have your bike licenced with a City of Vancouver decal?

@88cranston  Hahaha...no I didn't know about the belt trick. Maybe I'll use it on my bike now. I'm an airforce brat so I lived all over and didn't move to Vancouver until 1991 as a young bride. (Where has the time gone? Would have been my 29th anniversary on Halloween!)  But i remember riding my bike to school and not locking it and it would still be there everyday after school bell rang.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  Lol! No I don't remember playing pennies...but we did attach the least valued hockey card with a closepin to our bikes so the spokes on the back tire would make it sound like a motorcycle. I wonder how many guy lafleur or Ken Dryden cards I ruined back then.

You have got to be old!!

I was aware if the hockey card trick. Zoom zoom. 

And you bought the cards for 5 cents.....wax paper package with gum and card??

And did you ever put a narrow leather belt on your bike wheel hubs to keep them clean and shiny. 

Do you remember if you left your bike parked at school the city would leave you a ticket if you did not have your bike licenced with a City of Vancouver decal?

88cranston

@darlicious wrote:

@DL888 wrote:

To make us feel like kids again...remember the days of collecting stickers Smiley Very Happy

@DL888  You're starting to show your Age!  It was hockey cards in my day.

Did you play pennies too?

@DL888 wrote:

To make us feel like kids again...remember the days of collecting stickers Smiley Very Happy

@DL888  You're starting to show your Age!  It was hockey cards in my day.

DL888

nightbrad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey this post describes how to get a higher ranking if you were curious my friend

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/highlight/t...

@Lalafisherman wrote:

The higher the badge the cheaper your bill. Cool right?

Not all badges are about rewards. Some badges are given to everyone like Public Mobile's birthday.

@Lalafisherman wrote:

@Lalafisherman 

Indirectly, yes.  One of the badges is for community rewards.  The more you participate in the forum and help others, the higher the badge you get and more the discount.  However, if you really calculate the amount of time requires to get higher discount, it is not really worth it.  More of a hobby for most people in the forum.... helping others....

Lalafisherman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@smp99 wrote:

Along the same line - or similar question

What's with the various designations people are assigned. Mayor, model citizen etc.

Is there a list of these somewhere?

@smp99  There's a list of the ones when you first start but then it's a bit of a secret society. The more you participate you will then be suddenly bestowed a new rank in the community. I was given a new rank a few times in the first couple of weeks and stayed a great citizen for quite awhile until suddenly last week....Model Citizen! A bit of a crapshoot but kinda cool when it happens.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Along the same line - or similar question

What's with the various designations people are assigned. Mayor, model citizen etc.

Is there a list of these somewhere?

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@brosimpson wrote:

Badges only show a member's accomplishment and show others how active a member has been.

@brosimpson  Its a little like the boy scouts or girl guides or in my case when i was younger working my way through the colour system and the RC/RLSS badge system for swimming. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and encourages you to stay active and contribute to the community. If you're a really good participant you get a reward! Just like Facebook and Instagram Bravos work similar to likes. Everyone wants to feel special every once in awhile...some all the time when they're swimming in them at the top of the leaderboard. It all adds some fun to the community  and one of the reasons public mobiles community is at the top of it's game compared to every other mobile providers similar forums.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@brosimpson wrote:

Badges only show a member's accomplishment and show others how active a member has been.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brosimpson wrote:

Badges is PM ranking system for the member contributions in helping member in need of help.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@brosimpson wrote:

They give you a good feeling about your accomplishment(s).

Some of the badges represent a community reward that we received.

Need Help? Let's chat.