cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad sevice

vpierre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile exactly 1 week ago, and I have been getting horrible data and phone service. At 7 am this morning, my phone showed "no service". I was not able to make or receive calls, text or use my data. That has happened numerous times throughout the week. The service was so bad last night, I had to restart my phone because I was not able to hear the person on the other line clearly. 

The Internet is even worse. It switches from 3G to LTE whenever it wants.

If I leave Public Mobile now, do I still have to pay for the month?

If I decide to stay, does the service get better?

8 REPLIES 8

@vpierre  Does your signal improve once you leave home? Or is it generally poor? Have you tried using airplane mode to get a better connection to the network?

3s_Plenty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's to bad, we were with Rogers for years and my service is exactly the same on PM.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's too bad, public uses/is the same network as telus so if you were on telus or Koodo before it could be the sim or setting on your device. But it doesn't hurt to try the SIM card in a different phone to troubleshoot 

Thea369

I'm sorry to hear that. When I joined I was lucky to have a smooth sailing for a few years now. The price is very affordable, I hope we can help you get to the bottom of your issues, because I can personal say it was worth it for me on this service!

vpierre

I was with Rogers before. I only left because of the appealing prices with PM.

But I'm wondering if all the dropped and missed calls due to bad service is worth the switch.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd be curious to know who your service provider was before? 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@vpierre wrote:

I joined Public Mobile exactly 1 week ago, and I have been getting horrible data and phone service. At 7 am this morning, my phone showed "no service". I was not able to make or receive calls, text or use my data. That has happened numerous times throughout the week. The service was so bad last night, I had to restart my phone because I was not able to hear the person on the other line clearly. 

The Internet is even worse. It switches from 3G to LTE whenever it wants.

If I leave Public Mobile now, do I still have to pay for the month?

If I decide to stay, does the service get better?

@vpierre 

a) PM is prepaid so whenever you leave there is no refund.

b) Service is unlikely to improve if your specific location is poorly located relative to the Bell/Telus towers, or if your phone is missing some of the PM frequencies. I find forcing my phone to 3G only improves reception where I live.

Network Frequencies at PM

• 4G LTE/LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz; 2100 MHz downlink with 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).

• HSPA (3G): 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

vpierre

I signed up with Public Mobile 1 week ago, and the phone and data service has been horrible. Numerous times my phone shows that I have no service or the call drop. I have had many people say they cannot hear me clearly when I'm talking on the phone. And my data go from LTE to 3G when I need it most. 

How would I go about canceling my service? If I do, how do I get my money for the remaining 3 weeks I've already paid for?

Need Help? Let's chat.