cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BETA customer

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, I am a publicmobile customer since April 2014 it was CDMA then. I transitioned to sim card technology as soon as public mobile announced. Recntly a couple of weeks ago I received an email invitation from publicmobile to be a BETA customer. I accepted the invitation and became BETA customer. The confusing thing is a sim card arrived today in the mail. I already have a sim card then why public mobile sent me a new sim card? Is there is difference between the one I am using and the one I received recently? Do I have to actuvate the new one to become a BETA customer? Please suggest. 

4 REPLIES 4

@chakri264,

Correct. Only new plans will show up when you activate this card.

You are on a grandfathered plan. Old plans before January 27, 2015 are no more available.

If your actual SIM card become defective, you can however update your SIM card number to the backup one without losing your current grandfathered plan.

DK
I would see if you could log in and just ask for a replacement sim and stay on grandfathered plans. Just a though

chakri264

Thanks cyber. So if I activate the new sim card, I will have to choose the new plans but not the 40$ plan that I am using currently?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@chakri264,

You received a SIM card because you filled the BETA form with your invitation code.

You can keep your new SIM card as a backup.

The new Public Mobile have more expensive plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.