cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome Activation Experience

Mikey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I just wanted to let the community know that I completed a new activation with Public Mobile this evening, including a number port from Telus, and it couldn't have gone more smoothly!

I simply followed through the getting started pages, provided all three pieces of information for my Telus # (old acct #, IMEI, PIN), and when the final page completed processing, I immediately received a "We're sorry to see you go" email from Telus (even before I received verification emails from Public Mobile). I figured this was a good sign as it probably meant automation for the # port was proceeding.

Within 10 minutes my # was active with Public Mobile for both outbound and inbound voice and text. I had read the FAQ the previous week, and ensured I had changed my email for my Telus account to a junk mail account so there was no conflict with the email I intended to use with Public Mobile.

The only criticism I have (and it's a small one) is that the Public Mobile self serve site was very slow. I think this could have something to do with the recent maintenance. 

Overall, I'm very happy with the process. We'll see now how well the auto billing works in 90 days time.

Thanks PM!

36 REPLIES 36

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Mikey @djtouchette

Awesome to hear that all went smoothly! Welcome to Public Mobile and our Vibrant Community!

We do have some issues with latency due to the maintenance that was completed over the weekend, however we are working on finding a resolution to this problem...it shouldn't be much longer.

Cheers!

Clapping, Yes, and Welcome aboard

Glad to hear your positive experince with PM. 

Yes, current self service changes are causing the load. I am sure it will get much better soon. 

Wow - it's heartening to hear that activations are finally going smoothly. Thanks for sharing your experiences @Mikey and @djtouchette - and welcome to Public Mobile! 🙂

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to the PM community @djtouchette and @Mikey! It's really refreshing to hear such a positive experience from both of you with your activations. In terms of self serve, things should speed up soon, I could barely access it earlier today and it seems that the maintenance should really improve things. This was one of the main issues I've seen on the forum since joining PM, we are all looking forward to improved access to the self serve system.

djtouchette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I just joined today also! I had the exact same expirience, I got off the phone with Rogers poped my new sim card in and bam everything's working. Self serve site was slow loging in and navigating but I managed to get through too. Welcome man!
Need Help? Let's chat.