cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available funds-what does it mean?

dorlinemakesa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm kinda new in the public mobile service, it says that I have $30.00 available funds. What does it actually mean? Thank You

14 REPLIES 14

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^exactly

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

To add to what burkely just posted, there have been many customers not having received their rewards/rebates by their plan's due date. That resulted in service being suspended because of insufficient funds.

To prevent the above from happening, do NOT rely upon the reward/rebate being in your account by the due date. If the FULL cost of your plan is, for example, $35, pay $35 plus tax and not a dollar less. Allow the rebates/rewards to grow as a positive credit balance. When they amount to, for example, $35 plus tax, remove your credit/debit card from auto-pay, thus causing the billing system to deduct sufficient funds from the credit balance. After payment is made, enable auto-pay for the full amount.

FYI.

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@bilal

Do you mean the $10 credit being applied directly to the total amount due upon activation?

If so, then yes. I would assume it is fixed as it was deducted off my total and I paid $10 less when activating. Which by the way, was an awesome bonus!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

CORRECTION: All instances of July should read "June".

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

What do you mean by fixed?

The beta discount will be discontinued on July 28th, inclusive. If you want it, sign up on or by that date, but not later.

For those who sign up on or by the 28th, they will receive $10 per month for 12 consecutive months.

Cheers!

bilal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Has the beta discount option been fixed yet?

chukdefatey
^I wouldn't really count on the bonus $10 to come on time. I highly suggest paying the full amount each month and let your bonus $10 accumulate as a Postive/Available balance and once you have enough just stop the auto pay and let your payment auto come of your accumulated/available balance and then you can setup auto pay.

The nice thing about this is to do all the above you don't have to talk to anyone you simply log into the best self serve site at PublicMobile.ca to accomplish the above.

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cyber,

Let's hope it doesn't happen lol

yes, it was $35+tax, came up to just under $40/month. So that's the amount that will be automatically taken out of the VISA on the day of payment.

well, let's wait til 7-8th of July and see what happens hahaha Man Very Happy

@Litvinau_A,

Sometime, the 10$ credit for the BETA is not applied when your pre-authorized payment is processed.

That mean if you have set up autopay to the total of your plan less 10$, your service can be interrupted.

Litvinau_A

@CyberThanks a lot! Yes, there were many different options of the amounts to choose from (numbers after tax)

@Litvinau_A,

No balances needed if you have setup automatic payments.

However, you must ensure that the correct amount is taken from your automatic payments, else your account will be negative and will not be renewed without doing a manuel payment to cover the missing amount.

Litvinau_A

@Cyber@chukdefateySorry guys, this is m;y first month so far, and i only had one payment taken away from my VISA at the beginning so far. Now, if i signed up with automatic payments, i shouldn't be worried right? And i don't need to have positive balance in advance?

Really hope automatic meant automatic haha. Not really a fan of manual Man Frustrated

chukdefatey
Public Mobile is a Prepaid Company, where you must have money as a postive/ available balance in order to pay for your plan or add ons

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@dorlinemakesa,

Available funds means that you have a positive balance that can be used to pay your next month.

Need Help? Let's chat.