cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

So how does auto pay work? Am I right to assume that unless you choose to pay your account with vouchers or another method your credit card will be billed on the due date?

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dorebuy wrote:

I confirmed with the bank, it is said " a real autopay" should use the information of Transit Number, Institution Number, and Account Number. But I cannot find any request on PM's autopay pages.
So, I can only assume that I cannot use a chequing account to set autopay. Too sadly...

They mean like paying monthly for gym memberships and such. I think the fact that this place is not a set day every month, that those kinds of payments are not possible.

@dorebuy Public Mobile only accepts credit cards from us and Canada for autopay

dorebuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I confirmed with the bank, it is said " a real autopay" should use the information of Transit Number, Institution Number, and Account Number. But I cannot find any request on PM's autopay pages.
So, I can only assume that I cannot use a chequing account to set autopay. Too sadly...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dorebuy wrote:

Hi, I have a question regarding Autopay. I tried to set an autopay with my chequing account. This means I do not have a Master nor a Visa card to set the autopay. The bank suggests me to input the Transit Number, Institution Number, and Account Number. However, I cannot find any entrance in PM autopay page. It seems I can only use the Point of Sale - Visa Debit VISA DEBIT RETAIL to PURCHASE PUBLIC MOBILE. But, this is not a real autopay in bank's respect. So, could someone help me out? Is it possible to set a real autopay with my chequing account? How?

Also, some say that Mastercard Debit works. Some of those prepaid "credit" card gift cards work great.

Not sure what you mean by "real autopay" but it's not a repeating purchase of the same day each month kinda place. It's 30 days, so it floats.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dorebuy  you can't,  must be credit card or visa/debit 

dorebuy

Hi, I have a question regarding Autopay. I tried to set an autopay with my chequing account. This means I do not have a Master nor a Visa card to set the autopay. The bank suggests me to input the Transit Number, Institution Number, and Account Number. However, I cannot find any entrance in PM autopay page. It seems I can only use the Point of Sale - Visa Debit VISA DEBIT RETAIL to PURCHASE PUBLIC MOBILE. But, this is not a real autopay in bank's respect. So, could someone help me out? Is it possible to set a real autopay with my chequing account? How?

Double check how you enter billing address information for your CC. It has to match exactly what bank has.

Example

K4K2H6. But your bank has a space K4K 2H6 can't be spaces on PM

Also does your card expire 2025? I know they been having problems with that and moderators to manually enter it for you.

@rilava wrote:

I am getting an error when registering for autopay saying that my credit card could not be registered. Contact your bank. All my details are fine so I am not sure what is wrong with that. I used a Mastercard and then a Visa credicard. Both cases failed. Please help.

@rilava 

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

If you are still having issues best to contact Public directly.

bs.JPG

Hope this helps!

Double check how you enter billing address information for your CC. It has to match exactly what bank has.

Example

K4K 2H6.cant be any spaces

rilava

I am getting an error when registering for autopay saying that my credit card could not be registered. Contact your bank. All my details are fine so I am not sure what is wrong with that. I used a Mastercard and then a Visa credicard. Both cases failed. Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmart1977 wrote:

My payment history shows that I have been charged a total of $65 today.  My plan that I had on autopay was $23.  The manual payment I made shoowed as being $25 on the public mobile site.  My account balance says 0 and it says next payment of $23 due Sept 23. 

Maybe you could post screen snips of your overview page and your recent payment history so that we might help you decipher what's going on. Blank out personal info of course.

@cmart1977 wrote:

My payment history shows that I have been charged a total of $65 today.  My plan that I had on autopay was $23.  The manual payment I made shoowed as being $25 on the public mobile site.  My account balance says 0 and it says next payment of $23 due Sept 23. 

@cmart1977 In that case just wait for the moderator to respond they will credit back the extra payments and hopefully will explain what happened and prevent it from happening in the future.

cmart1977
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cmart1977 wrote:

I am on a plan with autopay and today when I tried to make a call I received a message saying my call couldn't be completed because I didn't have an active plan.  The credit card I have on file was valid and had sifficient funds so there was no reason for this to happen.  I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made a payment using ther same credit card I have hooked up for autopay and the payment went through and my phone started working again.  Now when I check my online credit card statement I have been billed 3 times from public mobile for my monthly fee.  Also I Unfortunately I missed an important call in the time that my account was incorrectly suspended. This is unacceptable to me and I will be swtiching to a different provider because of it.  

@cmart1977  Sounds like something messed up during your plan renewal. If you access your selfserve and check your payment history you should be able to get a better idea of what happened. Also check your account balance it could be that the extra payments are currently in your account funds.

cmart1977

Thanks for the info. I contacted a moderator around 8 hours ago but have not yet received a response.  I will defiinitely be swtiching to another provider since I need relaible phone service and apparently public mobile cannot provide this.  Its too bad because up till now I was happy with the service and price but I won't risk this happeing again.

@cmart1977 hi you can contact a moderator here to assist you if you decide to leave remember to keep your account active till you port your number good luck https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cmart1977

I am on a plan with autopay and today when I tried to make a call I received a message saying my call couldn't be completed because I didn't have an active plan.  The credit card I have on file was valid and had sifficient funds so there was no reason for this to happen.  I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made a payment using ther same credit card I have hooked up for autopay and the payment went through and my phone started working again.  Now when I check my online credit card statement I have been billed 3 times from public mobile for my monthly fee.  Also I Unfortunately I missed an important call in the time that my account was incorrectly suspended. This is unacceptable to me and I will be swtiching to a different provider because of it.  

Btazaroo

How Autopay works is either in store when you create your public mobile account or online you have the option to subscribe to autopay. 

Every month when your phone bill is due Public Mobile will automaticlly take the amount owed for the month renewing your plan. If you do not have the funds in your account nothing will come out and your plan will be halted until payed meaning there will be no charges or anything along those lines. 

If you are not comfortable with Auto Pay there is also the option where you pay as you go manually making your payments every month. Personally I like Autopay because you get $2 off your phone bill every month and you don't have to worry about forgetting to pay your bill. 🙂

I've had very few issues with AutoPay.  The only headaches I had were changing from a 30-day plan to a then available 90-day plan.  In this case, the AutoPay took the right amount, but the system didn't switch the plan correctly.  Moderators had to assist on that one.

I guess that was only 1 issue, however, I have paid ahead by a day or two when I know system maintenance is scheduled to happen overnight on my expiry date/start of next cycle.

As mentioned, as long as a valid payment card is setup, you'll get the $2 reward applied. 

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You set up a bank account the money would come from or a credit card and thats how autopay works

@tsparkle21 wrote:

I don’t think that is how Auto-Pay works? As long as the registered credit card on the account is valid, then there shouldn’t be any reason to prepay or assume that the transaction will not go through.  There should not be any service interruption either on the day that your current plan expires and when PM system charges your credit card for the next term service.

That's true, yet many very experienced users still say they top up their account the week before. I don't but if I run into trouble I may start.

Either way, the goal is to get your account to renew. Since it takes available funds first, less chance of failure I'm sure is the premise.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think that is how Auto-Pay works? As long as the registered credit card on the account is valid, then there shouldn’t be any reason to prepay or assume that the transaction will not go through.  There should not be any service interruption either on the day that your current plan expires and when PM system charges your credit card for the next term service.

Sure. But system issues apparently are a lot less likely if you have the funds showing before the renewal.

Less headaches in general.

So are you saying like other bills I should make the effort to pay it...to avoid the anxiety of not being 100% sure the account Is in good standing. Kind of like how I have "autopay" on my credit card at my bank to pay the minimum payment in case I don't make or forget to pay on the due date? 

@darlicious @You can, if you like, add the required funds to your account manually and as long as you have a valid card on file and auto-pay selected, you will still get your auto-pay reward

If you use auto pay, expect your account to show suspended and/or expired at some point on your renewal day, if your service is still working, just leave it alone and it will complete by morning.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You are correct? If you have a valid credit card on file and do nothing, your card will be billed for your plan amount, less any rewards you may have plus applicable taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.