Ok, so this isn't exactly a PM problem, well it is in a way, not sure if it's my phone or this community...
It's been a while now, I can't remember when it started (it wasn't doing it before), but while I:
- write in on this community (and nowhere else on the internet);
- from my Android phone with the Google keyboard (I updated the "app" multiple times);
- and I click on the autocomplete suggestion (which appears correctly on the keyboard);
Then, often but not always a completely different word (well, not even a word, just gibberish) will be typed instead. Sometimes it resembles the intended word, sometimes it is just completely different. For example, while typing this post, here are some of the words that were typed after I've started to write a word and then chose (tapped) an autocomplete suggestion:
- xommucomm (community)
- dtatsta (started)
- updariup (update)
- xomplecomp (completely)
I haven't been able to figure out if something triggers it or not... It will just randomly work properly or not, within seconds in the same sentence.
Anybody has a clue why/how is this happening? I'm puzzled...
Autocorrect normally "learns" from you
So if you push through alot of garbage it tends to spit out alot of garbage
Having said that when it comes to autocorrect
Blackberry > Android > Apple
Apple is the WORST for autocorrect ever
Most of the apps require more than cache as they save an actual dictionary on the phone
You can go in to clear certain words or erase entire dictionary
Hey thanks for your answers I understand all what you are saying, however:
1) the weird thing is that it ONLY happens when posting on the community, everywhere else on the internet (same app) or in any other app (same keyboard/dictionary/typing history), it just works perfectly (well, I should say "it just works as it should").
2) it's not the autocomplete suggestions (that are linked to what I wrote before) that are wrong, but what is typed in the text field when I click the correct autocomplete suggestion...
Furthermore, autocorrect works perfectly fine, it automatically corrects the typos I'm making in words after I press the space bar without problems.
It's when I choose a correct suggestion (as showed in the previous image) that weird text then appears. (Maybe I shouldn't have used the word autocomplete which might be misleading, sorry!)
Other weird keyboard behaviour happening in this forum only:
- If I select some text and then choose "Cut", it 1) copies the text properly in the clipboard, 2) doesn't erase the text as it should, and 3) erases the character that follows the selected text... ?
I am a programmer, and my best guess is that it's something on PM's site's end. It almost sounds like they are using a weird text encoding, or otherwise their forum app that is running to host all this has a weird bug when multiple characters are being changed/added at once.