cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-payment didn't work and now my account is expired?

coffeebunny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Relatively new member. When I joined 3 months ago I had auto-payment set up and the payment was suppose to be today (Feb 27, 2017). However it didn't automatically apply the payment and now my account says it's expired?

Should I manually do the payment now? Should I wait it out? I'm worried if I do this while auto-payment is set up I will be charged twice.

Currently I cannot use any data or call as the plan is "expired" which is quite frustrating.

Please help!! 😞 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M 

Thanks,

Coffeebunny

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MJN is your phone still working?  If so, you can safely ignore this.  If not, then please do the following to reach out the @CS_Agent for assistance:

You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MJN

My plan also expired even with auto payment. Please Help!!

BLH

I don't know that it makes sense to check especially if there is no service disruptions.  Do people go into their utility accounts on first payment to check if the provider got paid because if not the gas and electricity will be cut off?  I don't.  Anyway, it will be great when they finally fix the account so it no longer displays incorrect information about accounts being suspended on payment day.

For one thing, I haven't had any problems with autopay with any organization (unless it's with them charging after the service is cancelled). They kinow how to take your money and give you the service or product. I had a bitch of a time giving PM money in the first place, my first renewal on autopay is happening today/tomorrow. I am concerned - check out this board ... there is good reason to be worried.

I am a light user, but I need it work. I might get 1 or 2 calls and 4 or 5 texts in a day ... but I need to get them. That's why I am willing to pay the money.

coffeebunny

Hi @srlawren, thanks for the reply. Yes, Mary was able to help me fix this issue! I think I still had some data usage left but I don't really understand what was wrong.. but it seems that the PM system just didn't process my auto-pay even though it was enabled and CC was valid.

However, Mary helped me set up my account so that this can be avoided in the future yay 🙂

srlawren

@coffeebunny is everything fine as of this morning?  If so, I'm guessing your data stopped working yesterday due to perhaps running out of the amount on your previous cycle?  If that's the case, then you're lucky you ran out on the last day of that cycle.  🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @coffeebunny,

Thank you for raising concern with us!

I totally understand the importance of having service on your phone and we want to make sure that you're up and running at all times. Rest assured that your plan should renew if on autopay - please disregard the "expired" status (unless of course your services are suspended)

Please don't hesitate to send me a private message including your phone number and I'll be more than happy to check on your renewal 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if it works check that the correct amount was charged .

if it doesnot thenyou have to notify someone who can help you as soon as possible .

otherwise you are standed with no service for a few days!! it pays to be vigilant as automated services have a tendency to malfunction!!

nothing is perfectSmiley Happy

imm1304

@coffeebunny, Hi again!

EDIT:  I just re-read your post from my laptop.  I agree with @NDesai's assessment.

Please send a private message to @Shazia_K with your public mobile phone number asap.  It sounds like something has gone wrong but it wil get fixed quickly in the morning anytime after 9am EST.  

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Auto pay works best when left alone.  At every opportunity, I tell everybody who is using auto pay to ignore any SMS about upcoming payments, don't look in the account, and just put faith in the system.  Surely we have all used auto pay to process other bills.  Does everybody snoop into their accounts during mayment time to make sure the payment will go through.  What is the point of using auto pay if there is no faith that it will work. 

BTW, I was hoping the system update on the weekend included fixing this account display bug.  We should put more pressure on Public Mobile to put this one on the front burner. 

Most use it because of the AutoPay rewards. It makes no sense to not check the self-serve account specially on your first renewal to make sure correct payment goes through, services aren't interrupted and rewards are actually applied properly. 

We already have pushed this enough and its in the works. Hopefully very soon...

I don't know that it makes sense to check especially if there is no service disruptions.  Do people go into their utility accounts on first payment to check if the provider got paid because if not the gas and electricity will be cut off?  I don't.  Anyway, it will be great when they finally fix the account so it no longer displays incorrect information about accounts being suspended on payment day.

@will13am wrote:

Auto pay works best when left alone.  At every opportunity, I tell everybody who is using auto pay to ignore any SMS about upcoming payments, don't look in the account, and just put faith in the system.  Surely we have all used auto pay to process other bills.  Does everybody snoop into their accounts during mayment time to make sure the payment will go through.  What is the point of using auto pay if there is no faith that it will work. 

BTW, I was hoping the system update on the weekend included fixing this account display bug.  We should put more pressure on Public Mobile to put this one on the front burner. 

Most use it because of the AutoPay rewards. It makes no sense to not check the self-serve account specially on your first renewal to make sure correct payment goes through, services aren't interrupted and rewards are actually applied properly. 

We already have pushed this enough and its in the works. Hopefully very soon...

coffeebunny

Hi, thanks for the reply. I checked my account because my data wasn't working- otherwise I do like PM's model of auto-pay.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it happened to me and it took more than a few day to rectify. your service is suspended you can not call or receive calls moderators can help but it may take a while. it might easier if you only have one account. it appears that people with multiple accounts renewing {autopay} at same day might be blocked. think due to risk of fraud?? contact a MoD to get help

All the best.

@coffeebunny Looks like a payment issue to me. If you have AutoPay enabled with valid payment, services should remain active throughout the renewal process at midnight and change the status to Active in the morning. You can try making manual payment and see if it goes through. In that case, after making the payment, it should renew automatically. If you prefer waiting for the mod, they will be online tomorrow morning. Be sure to send a private message with your account detail if required.  

coffeebunny

@NDesai @imm1304

Hi guys, thanks so much for the quick reply! Auto-pay is enabled still and my CC is valid so it should not be an issue. I am not able to use data anymore so it is mildly inconvienent.. It's good to know it's a known issue though, I've tagged mods and hope to hear from them soon.

Till then, I will wait before manually top-off the account. 

Thanks again!

imm1304

Hey @coffeebunny,

This is well known bug that everyone experiences on renewal day.  The account shows expired but your service remains active.  It should resolve itself tomorrow morning after the autopay goes through.  

I recommend you consider manual top-up only if you experience service disruption.  In that case, come back here tomorrow morning and send a private message to one of the mods with your public mobile phone number.  They will be happy to sort out any issues at that point fairly quickly.  

But, sit tight and relax.. very very slim chance that something will go wrong.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Seeing Expired/Suspended status is normal for everyone during renewal but services continue to work. 

Do you have AutoPay enabled? If yes, is your cc not expired or anything? If everything seems right, you will need to get in touch with the mod and they will activate from their end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.