cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area code

Staceyodonnell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know why when I'm setting up new phone number and pick Sydney nova Scotia it does not give me a phone number with the local area code 902

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

What I find is early each morning, recyled numbers are released into the system.  If people are looking for numbers with established area codes, the solution is try to do a number change early in the morning each morning.  The major brands tend to have the best selection.  Getting a number through the major brands and doing a port in another option.  

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Staceyodonnell wrote:

Does anyone know why when I'm setting up new phone number and pick Sydney nova Scotia it does not give me a phone number with the local area code 902

According to the Wikipedia article on area codes 902 and 782, the 902 area code "was projected to be exhausted by 2015," so they introduced 782 as a relief area code over the entire 902 area.

Based on this information, I'm guessing new 902 numbers are extremely rare or no longer available. If it's giving you 782 numbers, don't worry—it's the local area code.

Hope this helps!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Staceyodonnell wrote:

You'll likely have to take a 782-777 number. Those are local Sydney numbers.

Staceyodonnell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Staceyodonnell wrote:

I have read this problem before no more phone number available???...the only thing I can tell you is to reach the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 just to let them know your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. But I don't know if they can do something for you....

Need Help? Let's chat.