cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we able to keep Public plan with kodoo switch?

Ngoal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am I able to keep my public mobile account if I make use of the upcomming deal?  When you sign up to Kodoo are you required to port your exsisting phone number.   I was hoping to start a new kodoo account with a new phone number but keep my public mobile account active.  

8 REPLIES 8

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When they use the online Koodo portal there is a screen with the option to get a new number or to port it over.

Pretty simple tbh.  

There is another screen called "Apply Offers"

Where they type in the 6GB offer code along with your Phone Number to ensure it's valid and approved.

However, this screen has no bearing on the port number screen. 

@pakmodewrote:

I switched over yesterday in store. 

Sad to leave PM, but the offer from Koodo was just too good to pass up. 

I requested a new Koodo number and they did so no issues whatsoever.

I will port over my PM number once I have used up my data this week. 

If anybody needs a Koodo referral let me know by sending a direct message. 

You should realize that Koodo cannot force you to port your number over.  They could  conclude that you are are ineligible for the plan if you don't port it over, but I really haven't seen one thing writing showing that is a requirement to get the plan. 

@MEU_21wrote:

@Ngoalwrote:

Am I able to keep my public mobile account if I make use of the upcomming deal?  When you sign up to Kodoo are you required to port your exsisting phone number.   I was hoping to start a new kodoo account with a new phone number but keep my public mobile account active.  

No. As part of the sign-up process you now need to provide your phone number AND account number from PM. That means your account with PM will be closed as soon as you use the promo. You won't even be able to log-in to your account afterwards.

Did you sign up in store?  Some of the retail stores may be telling customers they must do a number port in order to get the plan, but from my experience,  ordering online does not force that.  At the store level, they can just say "plan only available with number port".  But online, it most definitely does not require you port your phone number, nor does it ask for your Public Mobile account number duirng the order process.  In fact, online, it even allows you to set the new Koodo account up with a brand new phone number.

I have not seen anything in the conditions of the Koodo promotion that state that you must port your phone number over.  In theory, you should be able to keep your old Public Mobile plan as well as also get a brand new phone line with Koodo Mobile as long as you don't actually authorize a phone number port.

pakmode

I switched over yesterday in store. 

Sad to leave PM, but the offer from Koodo was just too good to pass up. 

I requested a new Koodo number and they did so no issues whatsoever.

I will port over my PM number once I have used up my data this week. 

If anybody needs a Koodo referral let me know by sending a direct message. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is probably not something that i would reccomend discussing on the PM forum,  as it probably goes against the community guidelines.  If you get the plan you should port your number.   who knows what auditing/tracking  they have do.

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They don't make you port right away when you do it online. In store they make you port right away. They could audit but I doubt they would go into that kind of effore so theoretically if you sign up online you could keep your PM account, just don't port.

closng

@MEU_21wrote:

@Ngoalwrote:

No. As part of the sign-up process you now need to provide your phone number AND account number from PM. That means your account with PM will be closed as soon as you use the promo. You won't even be able to log-in to your account afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Publc Mobile line should only be closed once ported out to Koodo, not once you use your phone number and code to redeem the offer.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ngoalwrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.