cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are people scared of the community forum?

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 8.32.33 PM (1).png

I am part of the Facebook group and suggested a few things and recommended going to the community forum for assistance.

I wonder if she posted here to ask for help or just decided to try to get help from random people on Facebook before switching companies?

22 REPLIES 22

@CannonFodder  Lol....i will continue to blush (insert tongue in cheek here.) It was taken as a compliment and considering my complete lack of knowledge in all things tech when I switched to pm in August your compliment carries weight. So.....thank you. Brain compliments will always trump beauty but I do appreciate both. As judge Judy likes to say :"Beauty fades dumb is forever."

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Awww...gee thanks you're making me blush!

LOL, I just now realized that you PROBABLY read my previous post incorrectly, i.e. I was talking about the support here being WAY better and/or quicker than other providers, and that last part was meaning way better & quicker support here, than you got at Fido.

Having said that, and realizing what you thought I meant, you CAN, after all, take it the way you thought I meant it, because in reality, you ARE one of the quicker and better community support people here!!! 👍  Carry on with the blushing..... 😳  😆 

@CannonFodder  Awww...gee thanks you're making me blush!

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Virgin mobile is the same way...endless menus frustrating the user beyond belief but some consumers are willing to pay more just to know there is a number they can call even if getting a live agent is a lottery of sorts. Worse still are their community forums that don't have any answers to your questions. Fido's is the worst I tried getting answers for the best part of a day to only get "your query does not match any results". The only question I asked that yielded any results (over 1000) was "Why is fido so f$%#*d?"

Which makes the whole idea, that cell counter reps, among others, tell potential PM customers, "keep in mind that there's no phone # to call, and support is all via the community", really quite ludicrous, because in the short time I've been here, it's obvious that the community here provides WAY better, and in some cases(yours as an example), quicker, support than some of the other service providers!!!

LOL, I sort of overlooked that last part, so had to edit this, AND Bravo!!! 😆 

@CannonFodder  Virgin mobile is the same way...endless menus frustrating the user beyond belief but some consumers are willing to pay more just to know there is a number they can call even if getting a live agent is a lottery of sorts. Worse still are their community forums that don't have any answers to your questions. Fido's is the worst I tried getting answers for the best part of a day to only get "your query does not match any results". The only question I asked that yielded any results (over 1000) was "Why is fido so f$%#*d?"

@XionBunny wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Tav wrote:

I asked her and she did say she attempted to contact Public Mobile and in her own words:

"I didn’t really have time to wait days for them to answer either. Plus now if anything happens I can contact lucky customer service"

Well, I wish her luck with THAT..... I tried to get hold of someone at Lucky, to get my account # from them, so I could move over to PM, and their phone # takes you to an endless loop of a menu system, that never comes up with an option to speak to someone.

all you have to do with their system is hit 0 repeatedly till it bypasses the self-care menu and patches you through to a live operator, I my self just left them tonight to return here.

Real nice of them to make that info widely available.....NOT!(unless I overlooked it somewhere?). When I tried to contact them, I used the phone # provided, which got me nowhere, so I searched the 'net for how to contact them, and EVERY bit of info I could find gave me the same number, or some other number than ended up at the same useless menu system.... VERY frustrating! I ended up simply using my IMEI to activate here, which worked just fine.

Tav

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Tav wrote:

I could do a print screen of the 105 comments if anyone is interested but it has a lot of peoples names and I don't have the time to edit them all out. The group is by invitation only so posting a link to the post won't get us very far.

I'd be interested, just out of curiosity, to see what sort of comments were tossed out, BUT it really wouldn't serve much of a purpose anyway, and as you said, too much editing, and invitation only, so it's best to leave it as is.

My favourite was someone saying it was her battery. ha.

Aside from that it was just a whole mess of restart the phone, reset the phone, contact the company and/or get a new sim.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Tav wrote:

I asked her and she did say she attempted to contact Public Mobile and in her own words:

"I didn’t really have time to wait days for them to answer either. Plus now if anything happens I can contact lucky customer service"

Well, I wish her luck with THAT..... I tried to get hold of someone at Lucky, to get my account # from them, so I could move over to PM, and their phone # takes you to an endless loop of a menu system, that never comes up with an option to speak to someone.

all you have to do with their system is hit 0 repeatedly till it bypasses the self-care menu and patches you through to a live operator, I my self just left them tonight to return here.

@Tav wrote:

I could do a print screen of the 105 comments if anyone is interested but it has a lot of peoples names and I don't have the time to edit them all out. The group is by invitation only so posting a link to the post won't get us very far.

I'd be interested, just out of curiosity, to see what sort of comments were tossed out, BUT it really wouldn't serve much of a purpose anyway, and as you said, too much editing, and invitation only, so it's best to leave it as is.

Tav

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@benreiman wrote:

Could just be a lack of familiarity with forums.

Except that, posting in that particular FB group is pretty much the same, or at least extremely similar, to posting on the PM Community forums.....

Not sure it is pretty much the same at all.  That is a Buyer Beware group where here is people are going to have more knowledge of the PM system and could offer solid advice based on their PM knowledge.  Out of all those comments, I wonder how many were from people that have any experience with Public Mobile. I will still say the best advice for people looking for help with Public Mobile is through the community and not a facebook group 

@Tav wrote:

@CannonFodder that way yes I see your point that is where we really need to convince people to participate in the community.  That is why I wondered how many of the comments were from PM customers.  I truly wish the word would get out more about PM.  I do believe in this business model and think this will be the way of the future.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Tav

I guess Public Mobile just isn't for her. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@benreiman wrote:

Except that, posting in that particular FB group is pretty much the same, or at least extremely similar, to posting on the PM Community forums.....

Not sure it is pretty much the same at all.  That is a Buyer Beware group where here is people are going to have more knowledge of the PM system and could offer solid advice based on their PM knowledge.  Out of all those comments, I wonder how many were from people that have any experience with Public Mobile. I will still say the best advice for people looking for help with Public Mobile is through the community and not a facebook group 

@ShawnC13   I didn't say anything about being able to get the same kind of info on that FB group, but was simply replying to the part I highlighted in bold above, i.e. familiarity with forums, vs. familiarity with posting on a FB group..... pretty darned similar, if you ask me, therefore the person in question SHOULDN'T have an issue with asking for help here.

Tav

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@TavTell her to make sure she removes autopay and her credit card of the account if she has it there. She certainly doesn't want PM charging her again in 30 days.

Good point! Done!

@CannonFodder wrote:

@benreiman wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@benreiman wrote:

@TavTell her to make sure she removes autopay and her credit card of the account if she has it there. She certainly doesn't want PM charging her again in 30 days.

benreiman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could just be a lack of familiarity with forums.  The last time I used a forum for communication was around 2001.  

Tav

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@TavBest help for them is to tell them to try their sim in another PM/Telus/Koodo/Unlocked phone.

If it works, it's their phone.  If it doesn't, Contact @Moderator_Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It seems they've already given up on Public Mobile. Their Lucky sim works so its probably not the phone but who knows.

Also according to Lucky they are unable to port the number from Public Mobile. They don't seem to care about losing the number. Unless Public Mobile starts offering retention rewards then this is as far as I go. lol.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@TavBest help for them is to tell them to try their sim in another PM/Telus/Koodo/Unlocked phone.

If it works, it's their phone.  If it doesn't, Contact @Moderator_Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Tav 

I expect it's a case of some people just can't wrap their heads around the concept of getting help via the PM forums, and/or searching through the NUMEROUS posts here that may already have the info they need.

Need Help? Let's chat.