cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App?

Jenny6745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there an app for public mobile? I’ve taken a look and don’t see one but it would make it so much easier

15 REPLIES 15

@Psygineer wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

To be honest, I thought about attempting to write an app (free of course) for PM. Not even quite sure what I would have it do though. WIthout having actual access to the backend of PM, the best it would be is just a glorified web browser that auto opens to your account page. Maybe displaying your data usage as a chart instead of numbers and send you a notification that your data is almost used up, or telling you how many minutes/texts you have left this month as large numbers with happy little pictures above them. When I wasn't able to think of anything useful for the app I kind of scrapped the idea.

Actually a member wrote a bunch of scripts to do exactly that.  It wasn't really that useful as all it does is save a mouse click or two. 

There isn't really that many clicks to skip with the way it is laid out right now. Despite any flaws it might have, the PM website actually does the trick quite nicely to the point where anything else is kind of pointless. There is an issue that bugs me right now, but even that isn't that hard to work around. When I view the accounts page on my phone itself, it doesn't seem to adjust for being on mobile and is forcing me to zoom in on the login area. It could just be because it's an old phone, but it has a fairly decent sized screen (6"). The best way I can describe it is that the screen looks like an envelope, with the login boxes being about the size of a postage stamp in the upper left corner, with the rest of the screen being a massive field of white. Without zooming in, it's too small to read let alone tap into.

Yes I agree with the login area it is very small and I zoom in as well.  

@Anonymous, hey I may resemble that remark but I am using a magnifying glass lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Psygineer wrote:
Without zooming in, it's too small to read let alone tap into.

It's called presbyopia. aka - age. 🙂

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

To be honest, I thought about attempting to write an app (free of course) for PM. Not even quite sure what I would have it do though. WIthout having actual access to the backend of PM, the best it would be is just a glorified web browser that auto opens to your account page. Maybe displaying your data usage as a chart instead of numbers and send you a notification that your data is almost used up, or telling you how many minutes/texts you have left this month as large numbers with happy little pictures above them. When I wasn't able to think of anything useful for the app I kind of scrapped the idea.

Actually a member wrote a bunch of scripts to do exactly that.  It wasn't really that useful as all it does is save a mouse click or two. 

There isn't really that many clicks to skip with the way it is laid out right now. Despite any flaws it might have, the PM website actually does the trick quite nicely to the point where anything else is kind of pointless. There is an issue that bugs me right now, but even that isn't that hard to work around. When I view the accounts page on my phone itself, it doesn't seem to adjust for being on mobile and is forcing me to zoom in on the login area. It could just be because it's an old phone, but it has a fairly decent sized screen (6"). The best way I can describe it is that the screen looks like an envelope, with the login boxes being about the size of a postage stamp in the upper left corner, with the rest of the screen being a massive field of white. Without zooming in, it's too small to read let alone tap into.

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very cool! thannks for sharing Smiley Happy

@srlawren wrote:

Anyone using Android may want to check out my guide to appifying self-serve and/or the community using Hermit Lite:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anyone using Android may want to check out my guide to appifying self-serve and/or the community using Hermit Lite:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not an app, but very useful web page with all the bookmarks written by one of our members:

https://robingosse.ca/pm

Sister company Koodo, by way of community support, got rid of their App as the website interface was easier to navigate.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% The status of an App for Public Mobile will not change.

drmartin

@will13am wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

I think I'm on #TeamApp on this one, the trend is mobile first, and an app fulfills that beautifully.  It's very 2018. contra whenever the website was built (feels old). 😛  At the end of the day it doesn't really matter for me, I'll use whatever, but it could help with getting more young people onboard.

@Psygineer wrote:

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Not sure why you would want an app for?  To track data there is data witness pm or my data manager 

The community is mobile friendly just put a shortcut onto one of your home screens.

tbark

I will take low cost over frills any day as long as it works.

That the up-side of selecting a 3mos plan with autopay. You no longer have to keep an eye on it every month. Saving you $$$

Jenny6745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think it would help build the “community” vs life getting busy and it not remembering to check in etc. Then again, I like the low cost too...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, no Public mobile App.  Public mobile is a low cost, no frills company.  DIY type of company.....   To keep costs down.....    

I agree that it would make life easier though.....  

Need Help? Let's chat.