cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App BODI

aneeshbansal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does anyone know what is this BODI app ?

I noticed this app used my 2 gb in 10 days and i do not even know about this app, how did it come in my phone even?

I uninstalled it right away, Now i wonder what the heck BODI is about ?

6 REPLIES 6

aneeshbansal

Its actually a chinese phone and I was surprised when I saw this app in it.

@aneeshbansal  While bodi may be an exceptionally useful app for wine producers and worthy of its high data use and thanks to @iPhoneUser we now know of its existence how it got on your phone is a bit of a mystery. You may want to contact the seller of your phone to ensure it is not refurbished or an "open box" phone that may affect your warranty or any insurance you may have on it.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aneeshbansal wrote:

it was brand new android phone, Never happened to have this app before, however on checking which app is using my data found out of 2.5 gb bodi used my 2gb of data.

that's where it raised a flag to me!

What type of phone do you have?

aneeshbansal

it was brand new android phone, Never happened to have this app before, however on checking which app is using my data found out of 2.5 gb bodi used my 2gb of data.

that's where it raised a flag to me!

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bit of what website says about BODI

The description of BODI

BoDi is an innovative, simple and flexible tool that informs on the agrometeorological conditions of its range, on the potential development of the main adversities and on the protection dynamics of a phytosanitary treatment.

With a password it is possible to consult, via your smartphone, real-time information on: weather conditions of the last seven days and seven-day forecasts; synthetic indices of disease risk (downy mildew, powdery mildew, botrytis and black rot); protection dynamics of registered phytosanitary treatment.

What are the advantages? Using BoDi allows you to:
1) defend the vineyard only if necessary, in accordance with the principles of the IPM;
2) save on phytosanitary defense costs (economic sustainability);
3) reduce exposure to chemicals (social sustainability);
4) reduce negative impacts on the environment (environmental sustainability) and increase one's professionalism and capacity for independent choices;
5) enhance the identity of a conscious and responsible producer.

From the access toolbar you can choose one of the main features:
I) weather conditions;
II) disease risk indexes;
III) protection dynamics.

Choosing a plant protection product from a complete database of authorized viticulture products and entering the date and time of the intervention (real or simulated), the tool displays the period during which the treatment will guarantee the protection of the vineyard against the specific pathogen, in relation to the characteristics of the product used, to the weather conditions and to the development of vegetation.

BoDi provides an immediate and easily understandable picture of the risk level of the main plant diseases. The system contextualizes the development models of pathogens to the environmental conditions and to the phenological phase of the vineyard.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is info here about it. You may have to use Google Translate. I am not an Android pro so I think this one has to be side loaded onto your device and is not on Google Play?? You did the right thing.....if you don't know what it is for or how it got there.....delete it!! Was it on your phone...did you buy it new or second hand is what I am thinking....or did you lend it to someone??

Need Help? Let's chat.