cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing choppy calls today?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Granted both places i called were customer support type numbers and theyre very busy, but even with full bars their voices were cutting in and out... just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this today?

I could hear my mom perfectly the other day, but these are only my second and third calls being on public so im getting kind of nervous.... 

17 REPLIES 17

Pawprints1986

Was just in a call about 10 minutes ago, and crystal clear. Must have just been something that day maybe... Just to update in case anyone else didn't post but experienced the same

Pawprints1986

On the plus side, just made a call about 20 minutes ago and it was alot clearer than the call on Monday even to the same number.... Little bit of faith back in call quality lol.

Still confused about calls cut off and waiting on hold though.... Has anyone been forced to lose their spot in line by getting cut off, especially lately with alot more calls to businesses? 

Pawprints1986

That's weird, that can't even happen on a cell, the battery will just die

So if we're calling somewhere and are on hold for an hour, we'll get cut off and lose our spot?? That doesn't seem right... 

@Pawprints1986 , the timed cutout is to prevent someone from making a call and then leaving the line connected "forever" which ties up resources.  

@Pawprints1986 Network issues very often depend on where you are. It'a often also isolated to a very spefific area served by one cellular site.

Pawprints1986

Would it have any part to do with which area of Canada you're in?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986, nope, all calls went through all day and evening. Calls were clear as a bell. (No pun intended!). Maybe lucky I guess!

Pawprints1986

Just wanted to add that I did try calling my voice mail and let the robot talk, not sure if that counts as a "call" in the typical sense but she didn't cut out on me! Then again it was 2am my time. I'm normally a night owl, too bad the call centers aren't 24 hours right now... 

Pawprints1986

I've experienced before, though not on public, where waiting on hold with anywhere could be choppy, it would cut out for a brief moment just enough to make you think someone is answering you lol but then the song resumes. But in those calls once an actual person connected everything was crystal clear. Today it stayed in and out... But maybe it is just system overload, it was shortly before 5pm when I called hoping wait times would be shorter by then... They didn't say  anything about me being choppy or to repeat myself today,  it just seemed to be a matter of hearing them or not. 

Came down with a pretty bad migraine so I haven't made any more calls yet to test things out... 

I'm guessing our reception has nothing to do with how busy the  system might be at that time ?

@will13am is it common for a cut out at the 1 hour mark ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I had no issues with calling today.  I made 3 calls, one pretty long one.  Interestingly the call was not chopped off at around the one hour mark either.  I think the calling problem is network loading problem that is dynamic and not something anyone can predict.  

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Granted both places i called were customer support type numbers and theyre very busy, but even with full bars their voices were cutting in and out... just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this today?

I could hear my mom perfectly the other day, but these are only my second and third calls being on public so im getting kind of nervous.... 

When there's choppiness in a call, the issues could be on other side. It's really not possible to know which side is causing the problem. What I will say that for me, outgoing calls have been taking much longer to connect.

Pawprints1986

At least it hasn't been just me... Will do some more testing

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  try restarting your phone, turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it. Call your mother to test it. You are the first person to mention this today,  personally, I haven't experienced any problems.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  It's possible that those call centers are routing calls over VOIP due to the crisis. No need to get nervous just call a couple of other numbers for peace of mind.

Yes, this morning I had no connection to a voip line for an hour.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

.. just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this today?

No problems for me today.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 Yes, same here today. Probably because of heavy load on the network...

Need Help? Let's chat.