cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody able to get Koodo 4GB offer on a NEW line?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Was anybody able to get the Koodo 4GB $40 for PM users offer on a new line using the code? I'm sticking with PM (for now) but would possibly get another line. 

Yes I'm aware the text said for my # only but wanted to see if anybody was successful in starting a new line.

19 REPLIES 19

Joey_1975
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone been able to get the KOODO 6GB offer on a new line without porting over? Just curious if anyone tried and succeeded!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@John5pwrote:

Now that Koodo has sweetened the PM migration plan to 6GB, I am really tempted to try adding a new line with the promo code even though I already ported in from PM on my first line. GOKOODO406GB is still valid during checkout and I can even add a new line and assign a new phone number to it. add a new line.png

@John5p updated us here please

John5p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now that Koodo has sweetened the PM migration plan to 6GB, I am really tempted to try adding a new line with the promo code even though I already ported in from PM on my first line. GOKOODO406GB is still valid during checkout and I can even add a new line and assign a new phone number to it. add a new line.png

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Michael77wrote:

Someone should try it and report back. 🙂

I think I will pass this time. Something tells me a better Koodo offer might be available later on if PM insists on eliminating Fall2016 bunch.

Litvinau_A

Customer service and Koodo shop told me that it'll be up to a Medium Tab. 

Also, i just tested LTE speed on KOODO, being inside my apartment and not full bars......Care to know the double digits? 47.3 Download and 32.8 Upload. So PM kinda looses by at least a half..... And i haven;t heard an invite back from any MOD yet, so.....

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone should try it and report back. 🙂

Michael77

@MVPwrote:

@Ludditewrote:

Perhaps a bridge too far for any Koodo/PM system to have separate check for "Was that phone number ported to us?". Is it not more likely the phone number is just used to open the page holding the offer?

🙂 Exactly my thought. By the end of   the  Koodo sign-up process, they tell you that "in 2-7 business days" you receive theit SIM + the  porting instructions.

I wonder what happens if you just plug in the SIM, no porting whatsoever 🙂 

Interesting.

MVP

@Ludditewrote:

Perhaps a bridge too far for any Koodo/PM system to have separate check for "Was that phone number ported to us?". Is it not more likely the phone number is just used to open the page holding the offer?

🙂 Exactly my thought. By the end of   the  Koodo sign-up process, they tell you that "in 2-7 business days" you receive theit SIM + the  porting instructions.

I wonder what happens if you just plug in the SIM, no porting whatsoever 🙂 

MVP

@will13amwrote:

@MVPwrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Litvinau_Awrote:

I just made a switch yesterday! So, Everything is unlimited regarding minutes and text(international). Even if you run out of data, you can still send pictures. Koodo works when you travel vs PM that doesn't. 

You'll be on a regular month-to-month plan with an option to have a small or medium TAB!!! Yes, you can pick up a new phone with paying only up to +15/month extra - If you want to.

Regarding $15 for the sim, just tell the koodo kiosk that you talked to koodo customer service and they said you'll be eligible for a free sim! Worked with me Smiley Happy 

PS: even koodo is confused why telus is doing all these bs changes, at the end of the day - the same big boss gets the money.

Cheers!

The 4GB plan has a medium tab option?  Are you sure about that?  It's supposed to be a BYOD plan.  

Kood tabs are on top of the  monthly plan. I think minimum requirement for medium tab is $40 "naked" monthly, so it would qualify.

It would be cool actually if one can sign-up for this Koddo plan with a temp number,

and  then bail out at the stage of porting the PM number. They cannot force you to port out if you changed your mind, right? 

The risk is loosing 15$ for a SIM card. tempted to try 😉

Cool idea but not for me.  If somebody has already done this and can report results that would be great.  I spoke to Koodo yesterday as part of my preparation to migrate and the person I spoke to went over the details of the migration plan.  He clearly stated that there will be no tab options.  It is interesting that the plan allows up to a medium tab.

I also spoke to a koddo store yesterday, and they assured me that the  "small tab" option ($240) is definitely  in, pending the credit check. So, the small fish  from the stores probably does not know all the details  that the big sharks of Telus deviously plugged in this transition scheme.

The "loophole"  with signing up for Koddo and then bailing out of porting,  thus keeping both Koodo and PM  plans,   becomes important  only because PM backed out of  the "infamous" 🙂  price increase. So it is likely have no  real fix  in their systems yet.  tryin to see if I need another 4GB/$40  plan (not available anymove via PM).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@MVPwrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Litvinau_Awrote:

I just made a switch yesterday! So, Everything is unlimited regarding minutes and text(international). Even if you run out of data, you can still send pictures. Koodo works when you travel vs PM that doesn't. 

You'll be on a regular month-to-month plan with an option to have a small or medium TAB!!! Yes, you can pick up a new phone with paying only up to +15/month extra - If you want to.

Regarding $15 for the sim, just tell the koodo kiosk that you talked to koodo customer service and they said you'll be eligible for a free sim! Worked with me Smiley Happy 

PS: even koodo is confused why telus is doing all these bs changes, at the end of the day - the same big boss gets the money.

Cheers!

The 4GB plan has a medium tab option?  Are you sure about that?  It's supposed to be a BYOD plan.  

Kood tabs are on top of the  monthly plan. I think minimum requirement for medium tab is $40 "naked" monthly, so it would qualify.

It would be cool actually if one can sign-up for this Koddo plan with a temp number,

and  then bail out at the stage of porting the PM number. They cannot force you to port out if you changed your mind, right? 

Cool idea but not for me.  If somebody has already done this and can report results that would be great.  I spoke to Koodo yesterday as part of my preparation to migrate and the person I spoke to went over the details of the migration plan.  He clearly stated that there will be no tab options.  It is interesting that the plan allows up to a medium tab.

MVP

@will13amwrote:

@Litvinau_Awrote:

Cheers!

@Litvinau_Awrote:

Cheers!

closng

@smp99wrote:

Just for fun I played with the Koodo sign in promo. You put the promo code in and your phone number and you can then see the offer. I tried othe PM phone numbers that I know are not part of the targeted plan and their phone numbers did not work.  But IF I did go through with the sign up process I know it would assign me a new temp number until my sim arrived in the mail and PM would stay active. I suppose you could just keep both lines going at that point. Just don’t complete the port. But I wouldn’t want to chance it. 

Good info, may be worth a shot for those who are planning to port over to Koodo anyways to try.

smp99

Just for fun I played with the Koodo sign in promo. You put the promo code in and your phone number and you can then see the offer. I tried othe PM phone numbers that I know are not part of the targeted plan and their phone numbers did not work.  But IF I did go through with the sign up process I know it would assign me a new temp number until my sim arrived in the mail and PM would stay active. I suppose you could just keep both lines going at that point. Just don’t complete the port. But I wouldn’t want to chance it. 

smp99

Deleted

Litvinau_A

Cheers!

closng

Hi @torontokris,

If I recall correctly, the promo code is tied to the phone number, therefore, it would not be possible. But you can take one for the team, give it a try and report back 🙂

Michael77

@torontokris,

@torontokriswrote:

Was anybody able to get the Koodo 4GB $40 for PM users offer on a new line using the code? I'm sticking with PM (for now) but would possibly get another line. 

Yes I'm aware the text said for my # only but wanted to see if anybody was successful in starting a new line.

I don't think so. But it would be nice to know. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.