cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to report signal/coverage issues?

StealthRhino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anyway to report areas of limite or no coverage?  I’m pretty sure carriers can fix an issue if they don’t know about it but I don’t see how to tell,Public about their problem areas.

inspent thanksgiving weekend ta my wife’s family’s place in northern NB and spent most of the time with no signal.  Everyone was having the same problem so I know it wasn’t just my phone.

i know that in some areas people have reported neighbourhoods with no coverage to Bell and they’ve added or changed their coverage so they now get signal. I’m hoping that I can get Public to do that too.

11 REPLIES 11

StealthRhino

Exactly!

I gave @sheytoon the exact location of the problem and then forgot about it until I came back here yesterday.  I never reported it to anyone else.

Maybe it got fixed because someone else reported the problem to Bell and they fixed it but I prefer to believe in super powers.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

Haha, good to hear, but it wasn't me this time 🙂

That's exactly what someone with spooky network powers would say! 🙂

Haha, good to hear, but it wasn't me this time 🙂

StealthRhino

So, my first time back to the problem area and the situation is much improved.

I’m now getting two bars most of the time and occasionally dropping to one. Used to get no bars occasionally climbing to one.

@sheytoon seems to have great powers

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@StealthRhino

Can you be more specific with the area lacking coverage? You can send me a private message if you like.

Acekiller

reporting to Telus is a good idea.

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Michael77

@StealthRhino wrote:

Is there anyway to report areas of limite or no coverage?  I’m pretty sure carriers can fix an issue if they don’t know about it but I don’t see how to tell,Public about their problem areas.

inspent thanksgiving weekend ta my wife’s family’s place in northern NB and spent most of the time with no signal.  Everyone was having the same problem so I know it wasn’t just my phone.

i know that in some areas people have reported neighbourhoods with no coverage to Bell and they’ve added or changed their coverage so they now get signal. I’m hoping that I can get Public to do that too.

@StealthRhino,

I think this is a good idea.

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also take a look at this coverage map. It should give you a decent idea where towers nearby might be.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Personally, at home I only get 2 bars, as I appear to be in the middle between two towers. I still get reception and never had a problem, but LTE speeds are obviously slower. I got closer to a tower once and my download speeds was a lot faster.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It would not hurt to mention coverage gaps to the moderator team so that they can provide feedback up the line for future resolution. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile is on the Telus network , so you can use the Telus network experience app to report coverage and signal issues. They probably have to get quite a few reports to change something, but it's worth a try. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.tneapp

*I'm not 100% sure if this app will work as a Public Mobile and not a Telus customer, but it probably will

Need Help? Let's chat.