cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any promos coming up in the month of January?

suestarr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

18 REPLIES 18

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Possibly some promos in Feb for Valentines day.. that would be sweet! I like how PM has been giving out free 1GB data 🙂

Okay it's official the deal is dead.

I am fairly certain that PM considers this promo expired.  But, they have failed to show it as expired and therefore we are still waiting for the "further notice". It isn't quite an insiders deal because there is no way to sign up under this deal versus signing up on the normal no perks plan. Were it a special plan that you had to select, it likely wouldn't be there now to select. All you do on this promo is sign up and then it is up to PM to credit the account with the original plan value, if PM thinks it is expired then that credit won't happen.

However, if someone were ready to sign up today, I would sign up, take some screen shots and then contact the moderators if the credit doesn't show up on time for your next payment. Proof in hand I highly doubt that they won't just "shut you up" by giving you an appropriate credit to your available funds. Generally life isn't worth fighting over little things so I wouldn't take the time to push it but I am already a customer. I don't see how they could do anything else but pay you off at the moment.

AE_Collector

@mimmo  I by no means am encouraging or promoting it. I was looking for opinion. If I wanted a definitive answer I could get one. God loves a trier... I just find it curious it hasn't been marked expired. Maybe I should do some research.....

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious if you are willing to personaly back the expired promo with your funds, when a customer gets denied, or are are willing to fight on behalf of the customer, then  continue encouraging them.  But if not, please consider the deal expired.

@ShawnC13  @will13am  @mimmo @AE_Collector 

Yes. No. Maybe so? As a consumer I'm leaning towards @AE_Collector s answer in that it's still advertised although not prominently. If taken to task I think public mobile would be legally obligated to honour it. It's like an insider's deal...if you know about it and ask for it you get it. But if you don't know about it and are willing to pay full price then no harm no foul. Surely pm is aware that no expiry date  or expiration notice has been put on the notice. As well I'm sure they are well aware that the expiration date on the bonus referral promo was added after the date and not pulled from the community page and announcements til 34 hours after the supposed expiration date.

Dave's letter coincidentally  was pinned right after I reposted one of my *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug  posts....dont know if that had anything to do with it making the "front" page again. Just my opinion on these things....not encouraging anyone to expect a promo price on a plan but I wouldn't discourage asking for it after activating a plan.

mimmo

@AE_Collector see the various comments above.

Personally I would be hesitant to reccomend someone attempt the above unless you are willing to pay for the second month when they get denied.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  The next 30 days free announcement is still without an expiry date. Does that not make it still valid? If so the OP could still take advantage...... @suestarr  this may apply to you

@darlicious  all active plans and promos are listed on the plans page.  I don't see that promo listed anymore so I wouldn't think it was active.  The plans page is where are plan and pricing changes are posted as stated in the ToS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  The next 30 days free announcement is still without an expiry date. Does that not make it still valid? If so the OP could still take advantage...... @suestarr  this may apply to you

It is kind of grey.  Personally, I would not go by the modified but hidden thread.  If there was truly an ongoing deal, they would pin it on the landing page.  Dave's thread was unpinned but put back. 

I commented elsewhere that there has been NO OFFER EXPIRED posted for the second month free promo yet. If anyone is ready to make the move I would get a screen shot of that post from the announcements area of the community and activate any plan with expectation of a credit arriving in your account to cover the second month. It clearly says "until further notice" and there has been no further notice. 

AE_Collector

mimmo

@darlicious the announcent was moved from the front page as was any promotional info from the home page. Logic implies that the promo is over and done. 

Sure it said till further notice but again the moving of the thread and lack of promotion on homepage can both be taken as unwritten notice in my opinion.

I would be hesitant to suggest someone signup and retroactively ask for this promo, unless we hear otherwise from PM we should consider this promo expired.

@DL888 wrote:

Hopefully we'll see stuffs for existing customers...free data would be good Smiley Very Happy

Hi @DL888. It may be a bit too soon for another free data present, I'm thinking they will probably give it 2 or 3 times a year to make up for 'unlimited' that now almost everybody offers. Last one was in August i believe, one just closed, so i would be very careful and try to stretch that gift . until April. That would really work out to about 250m/month which works great for people who got the right plan for their needs.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully we'll see stuffs for existing customers...free data would be good Smiley Very Happy

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @suestarr 

I actually looked into past announcements and this is what i gathered:

It gets quiet, i expect to see weekend flash sale or two, second half of February gets more action.

History doesn't determine but can give us some indicators i guess.

They did get more people on their team and may be able to take on more new subscribers, the end of 2019 saw much less response delays than mid or beginning of 2019 where they wood have over a week of 72 hours expected for the first response. So maybe they would be able to cast couple more times than last year.

suestarr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@suestarr, nobody knows until they are announced.  Keep an eye on the announcements in the community forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.