Did you mean: 

Any new people on pm

Salvo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What do you guys think of pm ?  

11 REPLIES 11

santaclaus_real

The form to create an account uses some dodgy javascript so I couldn't save my password in Lastpass when I signed up; of course the form to reset your password doesn't work on the homepage, so I had to message back and forth with a forum moderator. It took another day before I was able to log into the account I had just created.

More recently, there was a serious problem with text messages on the network that was never explained. Since then, whenever a text message takes a long time to send, I frantically call my own voicemail to try to avoid disaster again.

Some outgoing texts are duplicated in my "usage statistics" page, which makes me even more concerned. I've been checking the usage statistics every now and then because it doesn't add up. The self-serve site is noticeably slow a lot of the time, especially logging in.

And I suppose I can't talk to a Telus rep about my problems because it's all just community volunteers.

For the time being, I'm willing to live with these inconveniences in exchange for what appears to be the only good option for a phone plan in my area. I almost never make calls, but I text a lot. If I'd known the experience would be so sketchy, I probably wouldn't have switched to PM.

I'm keeping an eye on things, but I'm not impressed so far.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@santaclaus_real what troubles are you having?

GC

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@santaclaus_real mostly are end user errors 🤔

santaclaus_real

I joined a moth or so ago, I'm surprised by the number of technical problems I've experienced in this short time and I hope they don't continue.

smcnie03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yea I just joined this month from Bell. So far seems like a great mobile carrier.

Salvo

Good to hear your happy with PM 😆

monocle

I just joined (waving!)

So far I'm pretty pleased with how smooth everything has gone, from activating sim card to applying addon data (and I'm technologically challenged!).

GreatCanadian

I'm here about 4 month's now. I won't be leaving as long as Public is reasonably competitive. I have 5 people referred, and there should be 2 more friends signing up tonight or tomorrow. The moderators are absolutely fantastic. I had an issue with with choosing an incorrect plan (totally my own fault) and they graciously addressed it swiftly and free of charge. Try that with one of the big 3.

GC 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Technically new, practically returned... equally pleased, despite its shortcommings.

sjclayton

Just joined -- so far so good... Seems like I've finally found a provider that's truly worth it.

jp2

I'm new to PM but so far I'm very happy with it

Need Help? Let's chat.