cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any boxing day promotions?

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @CS_Agent, are there any promotional plans for the upcoming boxing day next week in the works? Have there been any promotional plans that Public Mobile has offered in the past Boxing Days? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@AJ9, the rule of thumb here is, have your SIM card ready (purchase it now), and watch the Announcement forum daily (or more frequently) for offers to be posted.

If you can't browse it every day, get an RSS client running, and set up the RSS feed for the Announcement forum to aggregate notifications for you.

No one knows when deals will be available, nor is there any rhyme or reason for them.  They just happen when Public Mobile decides to offer them.

@AJ9 wrote:

I'm aware that there are "current promos". What I wanted to know is if there are any "promotional plans" that may be offered for new customers/activations just for Boxing Day. Example: Unlimited texting and 100 minutes for $15/month, or Unlimited calling/texting with $1GB data for $30/month etc. I guess I will wait and check on Boxing Day if there are any such promos on that day. Thanks.

From a commercial point of view, promotions are to attract customers from competitors. If they were to give a heads up to the competitors what they are going to do it would be get retaliated even before it started....defeating the purpose of a promotion, hence why we do not know until it happens.

AJ9

I'm aware that there are "current promos". What I wanted to know is if there are any "promotional plans" that may be offered for new customers/activations just for Boxing Day. Example: Unlimited texting and 100 minutes for $15/month, or Unlimited calling/texting with $1GB data for $30/month etc. I guess I will wait and check on Boxing Day if there are any such promos on that day. Thanks.

Zy

Public mobile > Koodo, migration plan incoming, 40$/10gb or 40$/8gb

for the 2016 40$/4gb selectives 

if this happens imma switch within a blink of a eye 

@popping wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@AJ9 no one knows what will happen. Nor will we find out until something is offered. You can either wait and see, or take one of the current promos.

I hate to say it but a good indicator of future promos is to see what lucky and chatr do

As a competitive response...

What is Competition Bureau Canada doing with this mobile carrier practice?

Is this price fixing?

People have long wondered that.

Companies are allowed to match the competitor's pricing.  However, I believe the average Canadian consumer to be suspicous of such practices.  What I believe they're not allowed to do is have discussions about, and have agreements in place with each other to set these prices.

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd say the current lineup is pretty decent. The 0$ 2nd month free + no fee sim card is a good deal. 

Let's be grateful for what we have this year 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@AJ9 no one knows what will happen. Nor will we find out until something is offered. You can either wait and see, or take one of the current promos.

I hate to say it but a good indicator of future promos is to see what lucky and chatr do

As a competitive response...

What is Competition Bureau Canada doing with this mobile carrier practice?

Is this price fixing?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I hate to say it but a good indicator of future promos is to see what lucky and chatr do. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AJ9

Find a comfortable chair..and sit on the edge of the seat and wait...lol..promotions can be speculated...but cant predict them 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ9 wrote:

Hello @CS_Agent, are there any promotional plans for the upcoming boxing day next week in the works? Have there been any promotional plans that Public Mobile has offered in the past Boxing Days? Thanks.

The FIVE running promos aren't enough for you?

I'm not attracted to any of them but 5!

Need Help? Let's chat.