cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Person has the same number as mine

massodali56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, there so I just purchased my sim card from an authorized public mobile. The thing is the number that he gave me goes to another person. The reason why I know this is because my son tried calling me and it went to another person which seemed a bit odd. On top of that whenever I am calling someone, my number is showing as private number. How can I change that.

Thank you,

Maxs

9 REPLIES 9

@kav2001c wrote:

The dissapearance of manual labour is actually a VERY good thing

@kav2001cI agree, less chance of human error and much faster processing times. Good and bad sides. It helps places like bell generate billions more in their pocket. It also short term opens opportunity to the development of new teams to automate process. Until not only the manual labourers are out of a job, but the most of system designers (who may be hired in the future under contract) are out of work and the small maintenance / troubleshooting team takes place.

Scary part is in the long run, few jobs will exist. When the fry machine at mcdonalds can lift up and put the fries in the correct size package and deliver to the order counter where a customer can pick up the food, the toielts are self claning and robots stock the shelves at walmart while commercial grade roomba's sweep the floors and all cash registers are shelf check out. Actually even that is becoming a thing of the past where now the cart has a scanner and as you place items in the cart you scan the item on the fly.

Amazon's market cap has exceeded 1 trillion dollars. It's never going to stop. At some point there will be no jobs left to get money to give it back to these companies where the only solution will be much higher taxes for them and guaranteed / basic income for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

@Anonymous

For the corporatists, sure. Not so much for the people that were doing the actual work as opposed to those sitting in their ivory towers in their comfy chairs in the air conditioned offices.

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

telephone_exchange.jpg

I get a kick out of the slave-master standing behind there. And people say those were the good old days. Lots of of jobs have disappeared though.

@Anonymous wrote:

I get a kick out of the slave-master standing behind there. And people say those were the good old days. Lots of of jobs have disappeared though.

@AnonymousIn the future when humans have been inslaved by robots, the robots will be talking about how the jobs were appearing for robots as they dissapeared for humans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Something somewhere failed. This should not happen but reminds me of the stores I used to hear of the first phone systems (before my time).

Maybe this is the behind the scenes at public mobile.

telephone_exchange.jpg

Something somewhere failed. This should not happen but reminds me of the stores I used to hear of the first phone systems (before my time).

Maybe this is the behind the scenes at public mobile.

telephone_exchange.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@massodali56 wrote:

Hey, there so I just purchased my sim card from an authorized public mobile. The thing is the number that he gave me goes to another person. The reason why I know this is because my son tried calling me and it went to another person which seemed a bit odd. On top of that whenever I am calling someone, my number is showing as private number. How can I change that.

Thank you,

Maxs

I had something similar happen. And something similar has been mentioned on occassion around here. I signed up and then I got calls looking for a particular person. I'm the type that answers the phone 🙂 so I told the callers that there is no one here by that name. But everything worked to my end. Not like in your case. So maybe that's useless information for you 🙂

The above posts have your answer (as always 🙂 ).

As for the private number, that's in your phone. There should be a setting to not let the other end see your number.

@massodali56

If you have access to your self service account, you can do a phone number change yourself.  Choose Plan and Add on tab, then choose Change phone number tab, Choose select new number.  

If you do not have access, you will need to contact moderator.

send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@massodali56 wrote:

Thank you,

Maxs

This is is mistake made by Public Mobile's comouterized activation system.  The only thing you can (and must) do is change your phone number.  The number already belongs to someone else.  This shouldn't have happened.

Need Help? Let's chat.