cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

@mimmo wrote:

I just rejoined public on the 4.5 35  $40 plan and bought the long distance minutes and I just got the sms offer, oh what to do it's tempting....

You don't know whether you should be coming or going?  Well, the best solution is to do both.  Always have a presence in both camps.  Pass the gravol please. 

Alvito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I said this months ago when they first tried to get me to switch the Koodo, I'm only switching once they offer 10gb a month of the same price I'm paying now or less.

Nice try PM and Koodo, but y'all are gonna have to try harder.

Hahaha.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@sbreakin, thanks for confirming they’re at least targeting some on the 2016 Promo.  I

That's strange because I'm on Fall Promo 2016 and it says I'm ineligible for JOINKOODOAUGDATA.

I was on fall 2016 promo but just went to the 4.5gb plan last week, but they sent me the text. So who knows...maybe no rhyme or reason. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@sbreakin, thanks for confirming they’re at least targeting some on the 2016 Promo.  I

That's strange because I'm on Fall Promo 2016 and it says I'm ineligible for JOINKOODOAUGDATA.

Fall promo here and got the text.

Puravida66

I just switched and the sim is free. Got an iphone 6 for $0 down on tab small for $10 a Month. The $180 credit will apply like this: $15 a month for 12 month. So my bill will be $37.50 gst included a month for year 1 and $50 a month for year 2 with the iphone 6 tab, for 8GB a month of LTE data....

For these promotional migration offers, remember to take into account your Public Mobile rewards.  If you have many loyalty, referal, or often get the higher-end community reward amounts on a regular basis, think twice about things.  Right now, the rewards make my Fall Promo plan usually costing me less than $30, sometimes as low as $22 per 30 days.  Some Public Mobile customers will have even better pricing after taking rewards into account. 

But, if you have little of those referal or loyalty rewards,  or don't have the time to be in the Community a lot of the time, these $35 and $40 migration offers are a great deal as long as you are okay with a postpaid plan and will pass credit check. 

@stonechucker wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:
Fair enough. Within a couple years, you might get some referral so that can bring your cost down a bit as well. Either way, both sides are pretty good choice. 

Yeah i am proably getting a PM referal in the next week =$25 + 1$,  but i could also get a koodo $50 refer a friend if these migration offers keep happening once i get my koodo account up and running, so its hard to predict.  even my personal commuity rewards i low balled  at $7 where it actually averages currently around $12...  but who knows how active i will be able to be in the future. 

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai since I just rejoined pm I calculated $0 loyalty in first year and $12 for second.  I only calculated for two years as it's hard to predict/plan further than that I think.

Did I miss something?

@NDesai wrote:

A slight problem with your calculation , the loyalty will double on 2nd year. 

Fair enough. Within a couple years, you might get some referral so that can bring your cost down a bit as well. Either way, both sides are pretty good choice. 

mimmo

@NDesai since I just rejoined pm I calculated $0 loyalty in first year and $12 for second.  I only calculated for two years as it's hard to predict/plan further than that I think.

Did I miss something?

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Jarvar  sorry  typo   it was supposed to be $40,  sorry for the confusion.

did some calcualtions: in my case its:  

• koodo's plan over 2 years works out to be ($35x24-180-50$ refer a friend )/24 = $25.4/month
  • PM's plan over two years = (($40 - $11* )x24 )- $12**)/24= $28.5/30 days
  •     *(2 autopay + 2 referals, assuming $7 community average) )*12 
  •     **$1 loyalty x12 

its pretty close so it comes down to features of PM vs Koodo.  its a tough one.

mimmo

@Jarvar  sorry  typo   it was supposed to be $40,  sorry for the confusion.

did some calcualtions: in my case its:  

• koodo's plan over 2 years works out to be ($35x24-180-50$ refer a friend )/24 = $25.4/month
  • PM's plan over two years = (($40 - $11* )x24 )- $12**)/24= $28.5/30 days
  •     *(2 autopay + 2 referals, assuming $7 community average) )*12 
  •     **$1 loyalty x12 

its pretty close so it comes down to features of PM vs Koodo.  its a tough one.

@Luddite wrote:
@Canadiankid wrote:

I think I have been offered the koodo plan that will get me to switch. 5 gigs of LTE data unlimited talk n text and $180 (1 year of medium plan paid). Just need to figure out what's the best deal on a medium tab phone now. Any suggestions???

Best values IMHO currently are the iPhone SE and 6s. But then I stick with iPhones; bought an SE 3 months ago.

Instead of those old iPhones, i would recommend the Essential phone. It's a solid if you are used to big phones and have big hands. It recently got the Android 9.0 and they are quick with updates.

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it LTE 4 gb ? Or 3G speed ?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Canadiankid

Generally I like to buy my own phone compared to on a plan. I'd prefer to be free of a tab or else I'd be stuck paying extra every month. I think sometimes the price is only marginally cheaper and at other times it's the same or even more expensive.

I just picked up an iPhone SE off eBay and am waiting for it to arrive. The last phone was a iPhone 5S and I got that about 5 years ago directly from the Apple Store. Probably won't be doing that anymore. Things have changed and I have changed. Find what suits you.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo

Just curious what this 4.5 35 Plan is.

Did you get that from your rewards and referrals? or there was such a plan before?

I've heard of some better plans from before I joined Public Mobile. I started on the $40/4.5GB, but with the rewards would be something like $37. I bumped it up to the $45/5.5GB just for this month though. However I am thinking of moving back to the $40/4.5 after our road trip is done since I don't use that much data regularly every month.

@Canadiankid wrote:

I think I have been offered the koodo plan that will get me to switch. 5 gigs of LTE data unlimited talk n text and $180 (1 year of medium plan paid). Just need to figure out what's the best deal on a medium tab phone now. Any suggestions???

Best values IMHO currently are the iPhone SE and 6s. But then I stick with iPhones; bought an SE 3 months ago.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping

@peetee1974 wrote:

All that are sticking with PM because of referrals, just curious if you've considered what happens if your referalls jump ship, is it worth staying then? Food for thought.

When PM subscribers jump ship, you plan cost will go up and forcing more subscriber to jump ship.  After so many round of migration offers, Telus is finally figureed out that PM subscribers are not moving to Koodo because of the cost of the Koodo monthly payment and not the amount of data,  The extra data is a waste of money if people are not using them.

SD08

@peetee1974 wrote:

All that are sticking with PM because of referrals, just curious if you've considered what happens if your referalls jump ship, is it worth staying then? Food for thought.

In my case, I'll still be paying less with PM without the referrals.

peetee1974

mimmo

I just rejoined public on the 4.5 35  $40 plan and bought the long distance minutes and I just got the sms offer, oh what to do it's tempting....

Momolulu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering does the new plan's price stays as long as until I cancel the service or Koodo can increase the price whenever they want to?

@Canadiankid wrote:

You are somewhat late to the party: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Another-Koodo-Migration-35-5GB-or-40-8GB-...

As for best deal... It really depends on your needs (which you don't specify at all...) - I personally am strictly a BYOD person and would still do that if I had access to that deal.

Canadiankid

peetee1974

Worse case scenario, order on the 4th (Last Day of Promo), will take at least a week to get it in the mail, delay 3-5 more days before activating, which brings you around the 15th of September, so you'll lose out on 7-10 days of your current $50.

holly_s

Ah, ok! Thank you! So, if you had a tab, it would only increase plan until you paid off the tab, is that correct? I've been a Telus subscriber, in the past, when it was a great deal, but then bought unlocked iPhones, but (of course) my monthly plan didn't decrease. Was thinking about making this switch, but don't really need the extra data, and though it's currently a slightly better cost/month, that will change when my anniversary comes up and I get the top up to the yearly loyalty bonus.

@holly_s wrote:

Can someone explain what 'Tab Eligible' means? What tabs on Koodo are/mean? Thank you.

Tab is where you can  finance your phone for equal payments over 2 years

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

holly_s

Can someone explain what 'Tab Eligible' means? What tabs on Koodo are/mean? Thank you.

Offer was not sent to me, so I’m not eligible for the switch.

Dang, would have liked the $35 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.