cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After being pulled by Koodo and pushed by PM - switched to Koodo's $35/5GB plan.  That plan has been "discreetly upgraded" to $40/5GB. 

RocketMan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check all of the wireless provider press releases; they always quote postpaid subcriber additions and almost never prepaid.  The implication is that postpaid subcribers are more likely to stay long term (contracts, tabs etc) and are easier to upsell.  Prepaid subscribers can leave at any moment so they aren't considered as valuable. 

Touche

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The power of editing lol

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13

Kofi? New slang term kids are using these days?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

If you moved to pm just for a Koodo migration offer you could be waiting a long time.  It is very random

Not sure what you are talking about looks good to me???

Lol autocorrect for koodo on my phone .All fixed now

The power of editing lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13

Kofi? New slang term kids are using these days?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

If you moved to pm just for a Koodo migration offer you could be waiting a long time.  It is very random

@colinvincent wrote:

How long do I need to wait to get this offer?

Thank you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a sneaking suspicion that it depends on your current plan, how much account credit you currently have, and how much you receive as rewards. Depends on how lucrative it is to get you off your current account because you're basically not paying the price you were supposed to when you purchased your plan.

No one knows @colinvincent.

it took about 18 months for me to get my first offer to migrate after joining Public Mobile, however it was tied to a later cancelled price increase on my still current plan.

These latest offers went out to some within weeks of joining.

There is no rhyme nor reason to who or when Public Mobile makes thes offers.

Save money while you’re here.  Keep your current plan, and it gets cheaper each year by $1 per 30-days.

colinvincent

How long do I need to wait to get this offer?

Thank you.

@colinvincent, if you’re in the selected target group, you’ll get the offer via text.  You can text offer to 5129 and/or 5130 to see if you qualify.

If you don’t receive a response, you’re not included.

colinvincent

I am with Public Mobile and would like to get this offer. How does this work? How long before I get a similar message?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Go on Koodo website add any Boyd plan to cart then find the I have a promo code and try the code with your number. See if it works.

i don’t know what happened to your last order if it’s Koodo fault call and ask for some sympathy and ask to get the order now

its possible because you used the code last time they will not give it to you this time

idmclaren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the text the last time this was offered, and tried to go through with it, but there was some issue with my order.

I didn't receive a text this time, and I've tried texting "offer" to 5130 and 5129 with no reply.

Perhaps I messed something up last time, as the oder "took" but was cancelled later on. 

Any way to get this now? My phone just died and I could get a new one on the tab!

Canadiankid

Apparently if you just do it all online it can be done. Signup online (order a sim) and when you go to set things up just as for a new # instead of porting your PM # in. i think you could also just port in another number if you wanted instead of getting a new #.

PM9

Is there any way to port my number over to Koodo but keep my Public Mobile account active as well? Like purchase a new SIM/Phone Number and add it to my current account before porting my main number out?

I wouldn't mind having both accounts and then giving my PM account to my mom so she can enjoy my rewards.

torontokris

@ronster wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@oh-well, is this confirmed anywhere, more than just the post previous to you?

I too got the text from Public saying the offer was extended due to popular demand and without an expiry date

Sept 27th apparently according to Koodo rep (so take it with a grain of salt)

torontokris

@youbme wrote:

It's true...they've extended the offer to switch to Koodo for those who get the invite.

No clear end, simply for "a limited time".  way things are now, I suspect many of my referrals will be moving to Koodo, which will ultimately negate the current benefit I have for staying with PM...

Maybe that's what they want.

I was told Sept 27th by a local Koodo store who called me to switch. 

Mcbain403

Ugh I really want the deal! I haven’t gotten the text or anything. I would totally switch. 

Maybe I'll get the offer next week after my plan change happens - becoming a $40 for 4.5 GB subscriber.

youbme

It's true...they've extended the offer to switch to Koodo for those who get the invite.

No clear end, simply for "a limited time". I just got a Koodo SIM card in the mail today for my wife's line, and depending on how things go with her number, I might consider it as well.

The way things are now, I suspect many of my referrals will be moving to Koodo, which will ultimately negate the current benefit I have for staying with PM...

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

I too got the text from Public saying the offer was extended due to popular demand and without an expiry date

pratchak
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is true. Just received a text that they extended the offer because of the popularity

oh-well

It appears they have extended the offer.

@Salar

Unfortunately, not everyone on the $40 plan got the migration offer.  Who knows why some people got the offer, while other did not.  Be patient, hopefully, you will get a migration offer in the near future.  Also, the migration offers seems to be getter better each time.  Good luck.

BTW, this migration offer has ended.  

Salar

Hi everyone, I have question I put the promo code into koodo mobile and after that I put my public mobile number but it shows 

Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive.

My current plan is $40 for 4.5 Gb canda wilde talk and text

I don’t know why my number is not eligible 

Wonderboy_Tomek

Thank you for the help.  I was still able to get the pricing this morning despite being a day past the cut off.

smp99

After you successfully add the promo, there is a link for ShowPlans. Now the new plans will apear.

@Wonderboy_Tomek wrote:

I received a text for this promo and am trying to switch over to Koodo.   I added the $75 8 gig unlimited calling unlimited texting plan and entered in my promo code and verified my phone number.  A check mark appeared beside the promo code but the price still displayed at $75.  I continued with the checkout process but it still showed the cost of the plan at $75.  I am at the point where it is asking me to approve a credit check but I'm reluctant to do so as I'm assuming I did something wrong if the monthly price is still showing at $75.  I called the Koodo customer line and was told that for this promotion I will have to go to a Koodo store, which contradicts what was communicated in the text.  Any clue if I am doing something wrong or does the promotional cost only appear at the very last point of the purchase on the Koodo website.

To get the promo pricing when you go to do the deal you need to select the BYOP.  YOu then need to add a sim to your cart.  It will then ask if you have a promo code that is where you will enter it and your phone number as the verification code.  Then at the top of the page it will say something like congrats there are plans for you with a link. Click the link and now you should see the promo pricing listed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wonderboy_Tomek, After you enter the promo code, and then your phone number, the promotional plan should appear in the list of available plans (possibly at the top). A friend went through a Koodo migration this week-end for a talk/text plan, and the promotional plan was listed at the top of the available plans, with the promotional plan clearly showing.

Need Help? Let's chat.