cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

hotcakes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just an FYI for anyone looking to do this, you might want to go in store. I decided to do the switch for me and my wife. I was going to switch mine, then refer her so we both got an extra $50 credit. I signed up online on Sunday... I have not heard anything since. I emailed tuesday, and wednesday, and today, and I have not heard a single thing from them.

So now I have a plan I commited to ordering (with a new phone since I needed the upgrade) and the account won't be set up in time to get the referral. I wish I hadn't done the switch now. They have a return policy, so looks like I'm staying with Public because Koodo are idiots and aren't getting back to me.

jay_hennebury
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone confirm that this offer is available for both SMALL and MEDIUM tabs from Koodo? And not Large+ ?

Much Thanks!

Jamie

FranklyMax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on that same plan and I received the text to switch but my other PM phone line did not. you should contact PM to see if they can forward that promotion to you. 8bg for $36 (including the $15/month credit and tax) is too good!

Grampa

I'm pretty sure this promo ended on August 29 anyway. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

Edit. Sorry it runs till September 4.

smp99

@stonechucker what plan did you switch to and then cancel again? 

@choding, I've sent offer to both those codes, not getting a thing back.  The only eligible targetted clients will get a response it seems.

choding

send a text 5130 or 5129 with offer.

they immediately give you.

I just got it.

good deal with some damage of my asset, but they give me some credit.

good luck

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jimoolee wrote:

Hi I'm on the $40 / 4.5gb public mobile plan but i didnt receive any text regarding this promo. how do i get this koodo promo text?

thanks

Jimmy

@jimoolee

Try texting OFFER to 5130 or 5129 to see if you're eligible for any migration promo.

jimoolee

Hi I'm on the $40 / 4.5gb public mobile plan but i didnt receive any text regarding this promo. how do i get this koodo promo text?

thanks

Jimmy

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smp99 wrote:

Well I have decided to stay with PM for now. Too many referrals and my wife is with Koodo now so I have a outlet to give referrals from there as well. She has yet to pay a dime since moving over in March. I do prefer koodo's referral system, much more private.

Not sure if Koodo is more private as they show your full name to the person who clicked the link. But least your not giving out your phone number 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@navinshenoy

WM can use the promo code with your phone number.

You need to ask a Koodo subscriber for the Koodo referral link.  Both will get $50 referral credit $10 per month for 5 months.

mandeep06

Hi,

Is this plan with Koodo, still available?

I was ok with public mobile but becs of no telephone support, got frustrated now.

navinshenoy

@Canadiankid wrote:

Went to Walmart today to do the switch. Picked up an iphone6 on a small tab. I got $200 bill credit instead of the $180 for some reason. Got $375 in Walmart gift cards for getting the iphone. I will get a $50 credit because I used a referral. So in total I got: $375 giftcard + $200 bill credit + 50 referral totaling $625. My bill will be $45 for the 2 years so $1080 plus tax so $1209.60   All in 1209.60-625 gives me a 2 year payment of $584.60 with a monthly average of $24.36 and I got a free iphone 6 (that I will sell for?????). Thanks public mobile for helping me get such an awsome deal. FYI if you got to Walmart you need to ask them about there deals as they are not posted.... they also have a samsung A8 on a medium tab that will give you $350 in

Walmart gift cards.

Does the JOINKOODOAUGDATA code work at Walmart?

How do u get the 50$ referral bonus?

LLF

I was with Koodo for about 10 years and just switched to Public Mobile less than a month ago. The reason I switched was because Koodo was not willing to give their existing customers the same deals they offered new customers. Just prior to leaving they offered a prepaid plan with 2gb for $45 that they would not allow me (as an existing client) to switch to.

In less than a month with PM I was offered the $35/5gb or $40/8gb deal with Koodo - so switching companies has benefited me greatly as it is a much better deal than the one Koodo refused to let me switch to. By the way, like another poster said, the bill credit was $200 for some reason instead of the $180 on the text message offer.

If this deal had not come around I probably would have stayed with PM even though I had some issues in my short time with them: Mainly some calls did not come through. My husband for example called me from our backyard shop and my phone did not ring. He came into the house and we tried calling again - no ring or notification that he called. The 3rd try was successful. My friend also said she called, but there was nothing on my phone to indicate that. Also, it happened several times that websites would not open and I would have to restart my phone to get into them.

choding

I want to stay at PM, but my son want to move Koodo.

So I did at walmart. After moving, I like it.

For there is no delay for the call and fast internet.

Actually, I like no delay service for the call.

As you have a lot of call, you should go to Koodo.

Probably, telus is better than Koodo.

when I went to the mall, I saw a special booth of Telus for new semaster promotion.

but I didnt check the price. Otherwise as you have enough money, you should go to upgrade.

MrPants

@anderson7 wrote:

I have been with Public since the very beginning.  I had the 6 gig 90 day plan.  I was elated when they doubled it to 12.  I have seen the offers come and go to migrate to Koodo and never even considered it.  I liked prepaying, I liked supporting the little guy, and I liked that my 5 referrals enjoyed cheap service while cutting a huge portion of my own bill.  

The latest 8 gigs for $40 Koodo offer stumped me.  I spoke with friends on Public, crunched numbers, and considered the future of our beloved little provider that could. 

It is with great sadness that I announce I have accepted the 8 gigs for $40 plan and vertically integrated into Koodo territory.  With the offers coming monthly to leave and the reality that moving forward Public seems to only have 3G service, I don’t trust that next renewal my original 12 gigs / 90 days on LTE plan will still be there.  The tipping point has finally come where Koodo seems like the safer bet for me.  

It’s possible the next offer could be TEN gigs to move over.  It’s also possible there is no next offer and my next 90 day renewal would be on 3G or would have less data for that original $120 price point.  

I wish you you all luck, and I hope for your sake you get another offer or a transparent notice from Public about the future of your provider.  I loved this service and I was proud to support it and recruit friends who were frustrated with the big 3 providers in Canada to join me in helping the underdog.

Thanks for 3 wonderful years, Public!  

Thanks for your great post which perfectly summed up my time with PM and how I feel. I'm giving the new promo serious thought. If I jump, it will be with a lot of sadness. I really like being on prepaid as well as the retention and referral bonuses which make me feel like a valued customer, but the price point of the latest offer combined with the uncertainty I feel surrounding my existing 90 day $120 12GB plan make it hard to ignore. I have until the 4th to decide.

Mcbain403

Thanks for the tip. I had looked at a few places for refurbished phones and some older generation iPhones but still hadn't found anything that I could afford, since my wife would want a new one at the same time. One phone I could afford, two makes it a hit I don't know if I want to take.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mcbain403

I'm in the same boat as you.

However you don't need the latest and greatest iPhone, there are a few options where you could pick one up for a lot cheaper than going on a contract. Look around the forum for recommended places to get your phone off a contract. You'd be surprised.

Mcbain403

I never got the text, so my phone number isn't eligible. I would totally have done it to get a new device. My old iPhone is having a tough time lately. I think my wifi chip is going.

smp99

Well I have decided to stay with PM for now. Too many referrals and my wife is with Koodo now so I have a outlet to give referrals from there as well. She has yet to pay a dime since moving over in March. I do prefer koodo's referral system, much more private.

And I have a number of PM referrals lined up in the coming weeks, mostly for friends who have kids looking for something better than Virgin (heh heh). They like the idea that things stop when you hit the limit.

Right now I don't need the extra data. That $35 plan was something else though, more so for the sub$40 threshold. Certainly a new way of thinking and I was impressed.

Canadiankid

I got an offer from koodo for 5gig $35 or 8gig for $40. I took the 5gig for $35.

Canadiankid

Langley bc. I got the $35 5gig plan. 

Jarvar

@Keljai

I just tried doing that earlier tonight so I’ll have to wait and see what turns up.

Thank you fo the tip.

Jarvar

@NDesai

Thank you. I was just checking. Currently I am on the $45 /5.5GB so I don’t see a lot of people on this plan getting offers. I will notch it down to the $40/4.5GB next month. So we’ll see. I just didn’t know if things had changed.

I appreciate you answering my questions.

Keljai

you can text "OFFER" to 5130 to see if you have any offers you may not be aware of. Comes via MMS, so i recommend having data on

@Jarvar wrote:

@NDesai

I have heard of them before. I just didn’t know if people were getting these deals without receiving offers. I took a look at the thread you posted and it looks like some people have been trying with some good fortune to call in and speak with supervisors even when they were not specifically targeted for the promotion. I was uust wondering if it was open to all. Last time I called in, I was told that I would have to receive a notification before getting the special pricing. Then again I did not speak with a supervisor though. I’m just reconsidering if I should try again.

All Koodo migration offers are targeted to limited customers only. So no matter what, they will not give it to you if your PM number is not qualified. I was referring to the phone deals. 

Jarvar

@NDesai

I have heard of them before. I just didn’t know if people were getting these deals without receiving offers. I took a look at the thread you posted and it looks like some people have been trying with some good fortune to call in and speak with supervisors even when they were not specifically targeted for the promotion. I was uust wondering if it was open to all. Last time I called in, I was told that I would have to receive a notification before getting the special pricing. Then again I did not speak with a supervisor though. I’m just reconsidering if I should try again.

@Jarvar wrote:

@Canadiankid

Just curious. What kind of plan did you get?

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Did you get an offer from Koodo? or just chose to switch over to one of the deals they have on now?

Deals are out there: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walmart-walmart-koodo-fido-virgin-150-bonus-gc-all-new-2yr-tab-activa...

Jarvar

@Canadiankid

Just curious. What kind of plan did you get?

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Did you get an offer from Koodo? or just chose to switch over to one of the deals they have on now?

@Canadiankid wrote:

Went to Walmart today to do the switch. Picked up an iphone6 on a small tab. I got $200 bill credit instead of the $180 for some reason. Got $375 in Walmart gift cards for getting the iphone. I will get a $50 credit because I used a referral. So in total I got: $375 giftcard + $200 bill credit + 50 referral totaling $625. My bill will be $45 for the 2 years so $1080 plus tax so $1209.60   All in 1209.60-625 gives me a 2 year payment of $584.60 with a monthly average of $24.36 and I got a free iphone 6 (that I will sell for?????). Thanks public mobile for helping me get such an awsome deal. FYI if you got to Walmart you need to ask them about there deals as they are not posted.... they also have a samsung A8 on a medium tab that will give you $350 in Walmart gift cards.

Which part of Canada are you in?

Need Help? Let's chat.