cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went to Walmart today to do the switch. Picked up an iphone6 on a small tab. I got $200 bill credit instead of the $180 for some reason. Got $375 in Walmart gift cards for getting the iphone. I will get a $50 credit because I used a referral. So in total I got: $375 giftcard + $200 bill credit + 50 referral totaling $625. My bill will be $45 for the 2 years so $1080 plus tax so $1209.60   All in 1209.60-625 gives me a 2 year payment of $584.60 with a monthly average of $24.36 and I got a free iphone 6 (that I will sell for?????). Thanks public mobile for helping me get such an awsome deal. FYI if you got to Walmart you need to ask them about there deals as they are not posted.... they also have a samsung A8 on a medium tab that will give you $350 in Walmart gift cards.

anderson7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public since the very beginning.  I had the 6 gig 90 day plan.  I was elated when they doubled it to 12.  I have seen the offers come and go to migrate to Koodo and never even considered it.  I liked prepaying, I liked supporting the little guy, and I liked that my 5 referrals enjoyed cheap service while cutting a huge portion of my own bill.  

The latest 8 gigs for $40 Koodo offer stumped me.  I spoke with friends on Public, crunched numbers, and considered the future of our beloved little provider that could. 

It is with great sadness that I announce I have accepted the 8 gigs for $40 plan and vertically integrated into Koodo territory.  With the offers coming monthly to leave and the reality that moving forward Public seems to only have 3G service, I don’t trust that next renewal my original 12 gigs / 90 days on LTE plan will still be there.  The tipping point has finally come where Koodo seems like the safer bet for me.  

It’s possible the next offer could be TEN gigs to move over.  It’s also possible there is no next offer and my next 90 day renewal would be on 3G or would have less data for that original $120 price point.  

I wish you you all luck, and I hope for your sake you get another offer or a transparent notice from Public about the future of your provider.  I loved this service and I was proud to support it and recruit friends who were frustrated with the big 3 providers in Canada to join me in helping the underdog.

Thanks for 3 wonderful years, Public!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bgirardo, did you receive the promo code yourself, or are you just trying to use one that you have seen.  You must enter the phone number that the promo was sent to in order to use it.  Also, could it be that you are seeing the total plan cost including the TAB(small/medium/large)?

bgirardo

Has anyone had any luck getting a new device? I could use a new one and my 90 day is about to expire so it's a good time to move. 

Each time I've entered the promo code the plan costs have been $70 and up. Nothing about a $35 5gb option. 

Seems to good to be true if your looking to get a new device. 

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Any account credits on a PM account will be lost when migrating to Koodo; however, speak with a moderator or Koodo agent to see if some or all of the PM credit balance can be credited to your Koodo account.

There is no requirement on Koodo's part to issue any sort of credit so, when speaking with a Koodo agent, please be calm, patient, and profesional.

Good luck.

ute1978

@Acekiller wrote:

If we have a positive balance (ie over paid), does Koodo credit you back? 

No, that's what the $180 credit is for.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Acekiller wrote:

No that's what the $180 bill credit is for.

Some have said they asked a moderator and the mods apparently said that positive balance can be transferred to another pm member. However I can't confirm.

And that's only for positive balance not credit towards the next 3 months you've already paid for.

Acekiller

torontokris

@peetee1974 wrote:

One of those clueless words created my millennials no less..lol

Actually no FOMO was not created by millennials. PhD and authors are credited with it's creation.

"The Fear of Missing Out phenomenon was first identified in 1996 by Dr. Dan Herman, a marketing strategist, who researched it and published the first academic paper on the topic in 2000 in The Journal of Brand Management.[9]

Author Patrick J. McGinnis first used the term FOMO [10] and made it popular in 2004 when he published an op-ed in The Harbus, the magazine of Harvard Business School "

torontokris

@kwokamole wrote:

Question...

I don't remember the fine print when I signed up for the $40/4.5gb plan.

I get this plan, at this price, as long as PM doesn't change the price (they require a thirty day notice per "Service terms").  Is this correct?

Stability would be the only reason why I would switch over to Koodo (if offered)

Since there are no real contracts in Canada anymorr (thanks CRTC) all carriers can change the price and terms with 30 days notice. Prepaid maybe even less (for example you have a 10 day prepaid plan... They did exist).

Koodo pm have a very good record of not increasing prices / holding the price but there is no guarantee either way.

torontokris

@ute1978 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ute1978, pretty sure you can take a new number (based on some other recent posts).  However, I doubt if you can get a second Koodo line at the same price - if you don't have a second PM account to transfer over.

Oh no, not a second line. What I meant, can I use the promo without switching my PM number? I want to keep the PM account AND get a Koodo account.

According to others yes via online self serve. In person though various most are being forced to port over.

ute1978

@Anonymous wrote:

@ute1978, pretty sure you can take a new number (based on some other recent posts).  However, I doubt if you can get a second Koodo line at the same price - if you don't have a second PM account to transfer over.

Oh no, not a second line. What I meant, can I use the promo without switching my PM number? I want to keep the PM account AND get a Koodo account.

Elite2k

unfortunately no if you are already with koodo they will not give you the 8gb for $40 it's only for new migrations. you are now part of koodo clientele they cant offer you this plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ute1978

Question:

Do we really need to "switch" from PM with our phone number and then the PM account gets cancelled? Or can we use the promo to get another phone number and second line with Koodo?

@kwokamole wrote:

Question...

I get this plan, at this price, as long as PM doesn't change the price (they require a thirty day notice per "Service terms").  Is this correct?

Stability would be the only reason why I would switch over to Koodo (if offered)

Sorry, but no one offers price plan stability.  Koodo can increase prices, just as any other company.

kwokamole

Question...

kwokamole

Hey,

I recently (yesterday) switched over from Telus (corporate) plan.  I had been on that plan for 5 years.  I was paying $20/month for unlimited texts (no picture) and basically unlimited local calling.  

I inquired numerous times about the price of the plan, and through it all, as long as I brought my own phone in I could keep the plan.  If I needed a new phone through Telus I would have to switch plans.  I had a friend who had a super $50 / month (5 gigs data) and same thing, as long as he didn't need a subsidy for a new phone he could keep the plan.

I think this is the difference with postpaid and pre paid.  As someone else stated, pre-paid, they could switch the price on us but then we could just leave.  Post-paid tries to win you over because some people want to have the latest phone and every two years the get a new plan to get a new phone. From my experience, post paid, as long as you get yourself a phone (if you need to upgrade) your price remains the same.

Cheers!

Canadiankid

Do you guys or gals know if this plan works with refer a friend? If so I am looking for a friend so we can both get $50 when I sign up. Thanks.

kelly0032003

Do you have a family or friend that would like to stay with public mobile.  If so a moderator could add      their credits to them.

tofudumpling

@computergeek541 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@sbreakin, thanks for confirming they’re at least targeting some on the 2016 Promo.  I

That's strange because I'm on Fall Promo 2016 and it says I'm ineligible for JOINKOODOAUGDATA.

Same with me. I'm on the Fall 2016 Promo and didn't receive a message and it says my number is ineligible. I would switch if I could...does anyone know any way to do it?

Minkib

This was probably asked by someone else but

I already switched from PM to Koodo on the $40 6gb

Is there anyway I can get this $40 8gb plan while being a Koodo customer ?? I was already pm customer before.

Please let me know thank you! 

peetee1974

One of those clueless words created my millennials no less..lol

Fear of missing out...snd that will be running rampant now with all of these migration offers and PM promos and rewards lol

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@peetee1974 wrote:

All that are sticking with PM because of referrals, just curious if you've considered what happens if your referalls jump ship, is it worth staying then? Food for thought.

Have a presence in both camps.  Referrals come and go, can't predict the future.  I like this service, the rewards and the community.  Skipping the Koodo migration offers creates a huge sense of FOMO.  Do you have any gravol for a sea sickened customer?

@will13am ... What the heck is FOMO?

http://bfy.tw/5G4u

@will13am wrote:

@peetee1974 wrote:

All that are sticking with PM because of referrals, just curious if you've considered what happens if your referalls jump ship, is it worth staying then? Food for thought.

Have a presence in both camps.  Referrals come and go, can't predict the future.  I like this service, the rewards and the community.  Skipping the Koodo migration offers creates a huge sense of FOMO.  Do you have any gravol for a sea sickened customer?

@will13am ... What the heck is FOMO?

@Alvito wrote:

I said this months ago when they first tried to get me to switch the Koodo, I'm only switching once they offer 10gb a month of the same price I'm paying now or less.

Nice try PM and Koodo, but y'all are gonna have to try harder.

Hahaha.

So you are looking for free plans?  Can I line up behind you? 

@mimmo wrote:

@Jarvar  sorry  typo   it was supposed to be $40,  sorry for the confusion.

did some calcualtions: in my case its:  

• koodo's plan over 2 years works out to be ($35x24-180-50$ refer a friend )/24 = $25.4/month
  • PM's plan over two years = (($40 - $11* )x24 )- $12**)/24= $28.5/30 days
  •     *(2 autopay + 2 referals, assuming $7 community average) )*12 
  •     **$1 loyalty x12 

its pretty close so it comes down to features of PM vs Koodo.  its a tough one.

You do realize this is like the measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with axe idiom?  Referrals come, referrals go.  What if the newly minted $25 referral bonus offer is kind to you?  Can't be precise at all with seeing into the future.  Stay in both camps, be involved in everything. 

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite wrote:
@Canadiankid wrote:

I think I have been offered the koodo plan that will get me to switch. 5 gigs of LTE data unlimited talk n text and $180 (1 year of medium plan paid). Just need to figure out what's the best deal on a medium tab phone now. Any suggestions???

Best values IMHO currently are the iPhone SE and 6s. But then I stick with iPhones; bought an SE 3 months ago.

Instead of those old iPhones, i would recommend the Essential phone. It's a solid if you are used to big phones and have big hands. It recently got the Android 9.0 and they are quick with updates.

+1,000,000!  The phone is really snappy on pie. 

@peetee1974 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.