Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

@ute1978 wrote:

@abTest wrote:

@ute1978, pretty sure you can take a new number (based on some other recent posts).  However, I doubt if you can get a second Koodo line at the same price - if you don't have a second PM account to transfer over.

Oh no, not a second line. What I meant, can I use the promo without switching my PM number? I want to keep the PM account AND get a Koodo account.

According to others yes via online self serve. In person though various most are being forced to port over.

Highlighted

@kwokamole wrote:

Question...

I don't remember the fine print when I signed up for the $40/4.5gb plan.

I get this plan, at this price, as long as PM doesn't change the price (they require a thirty day notice per "Service terms").  Is this correct?

Stability would be the only reason why I would switch over to Koodo (if offered)

Since there are no real contracts in Canada anymorr (thanks CRTC) all carriers can change the price and terms with 30 days notice. Prepaid maybe even less (for example you have a 10 day prepaid plan... They did exist).

Koodo pm have a very good record of not increasing prices / holding the price but there is no guarantee either way.

Highlighted

Re: Latest offering from Koodo

@peetee1974 wrote:

One of those clueless words created my millennials no less..lol

Actually no FOMO was not created by millennials. PhD and authors are credited with it's creation.

"The Fear of Missing Out phenomenon was first identified in 1996 by Dr. Dan Herman, a marketing strategist, who researched it and published the first academic paper on the topic in 2000 in The Journal of Brand Management.[9]

Author Patrick J. McGinnis first used the term FOMO [10] and made it popular in 2004 when he published an op-ed in The Harbus, the magazine of Harvard Business School "

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If we have a positive balance (ie over paid), does Koodo credit you back? 

Highlighted

@Acekiller wrote:

No that's what the $180 bill credit is for.

Some have said they asked a moderator and the mods apparently said that positive balance can be transferred to another pm member. However I can't confirm.

And that's only for positive balance not credit towards the next 3 months you've already paid for.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Acekiller wrote:

No, that's what the $180 credit is for.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Any account credits on a PM account will be lost when migrating to Koodo; however, speak with a moderator or Koodo agent to see if some or all of the PM credit balance can be credited to your Koodo account.

There is no requirement on Koodo's part to issue any sort of credit so, when speaking with a Koodo agent, please be calm, patient, and profesional.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had any luck getting a new device? I could use a new one and my 90 day is about to expire so it's a good time to move. 

Each time I've entered the promo code the plan costs have been $70 and up. Nothing about a $35 5gb option. 

Seems to good to be true if your looking to get a new device. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bgirardo, did you receive the promo code yourself, or are you just trying to use one that you have seen.  You must enter the phone number that the promo was sent to in order to use it.  Also, could it be that you are seeing the total plan cost including the TAB(small/medium/large)?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public since the very beginning.  I had the 6 gig 90 day plan.  I was elated when they doubled it to 12.  I have seen the offers come and go to migrate to Koodo and never even considered it.  I liked prepaying, I liked supporting the little guy, and I liked that my 5 referrals enjoyed cheap service while cutting a huge portion of my own bill.  

The latest 8 gigs for $40 Koodo offer stumped me.  I spoke with friends on Public, crunched numbers, and considered the future of our beloved little provider that could. 

It is with great sadness that I announce I have accepted the 8 gigs for $40 plan and vertically integrated into Koodo territory.  With the offers coming monthly to leave and the reality that moving forward Public seems to only have 3G service, I don’t trust that next renewal my original 12 gigs / 90 days on LTE plan will still be there.  The tipping point has finally come where Koodo seems like the safer bet for me.  

It’s possible the next offer could be TEN gigs to move over.  It’s also possible there is no next offer and my next 90 day renewal would be on 3G or would have less data for that original $120 price point.  

I wish you you all luck, and I hope for your sake you get another offer or a transparent notice from Public about the future of your provider.  I loved this service and I was proud to support it and recruit friends who were frustrated with the big 3 providers in Canada to join me in helping the underdog.

Thanks for 3 wonderful years, Public!