cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

hi ,

this only promotion if for public mobile customer switching to koodo ?  it is not for public people ?

thanks.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Latest offering from Koodo

I'm just going to stick with PM, at least until the end of the year when my credits with PM run out.

I don't need the extra data and I don't want to deal with the hassle right now.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Who's being targeted on the plan?

I've recently gotten a new phone, and I haven't received the offer yet - which shortcode is sending it out?

I've recently re-cancelled my future dated plan change for the current $40 for 4.5 GB... Interesting offer.. wonder if I've missed out or not.

Still thinking I'm sticking here though.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Latest offering from Koodo

I'm on the Fall 2016 Promo ($120 for 12GB) and I never receive these Koodo promos. And my number does not show up as eligible for the promo. Does anyone at PM or Koodo know how I could get this deal?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also got this promo from Koodo. Actually, I just joined into the PM last month and i don't want to change the mobile company so frequently. However, this promo is very attractive.How should i choose?Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@@tzliu wrote:

@jay_hennebury wrote:

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this?

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

"Exactly!  There is minimal control when you sign up for a postpaid service. With PM, we can wait for deals to get even better and such when we choose. The last time public mobile tried to raise fees on existing customers, there was a reboot and they backed down.... That is the wild card to me, Telus could make any decision any time and we are at their mercy."

I say this with complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the cellular business, BUT: I would think this would be the opposite? I would think that because you're on a pay-as-you-go with PM they can change the deal at any time and you don't have to like it; you're essentially re-buying the service each month/3 month term. With Koodo being post-paid, wouldn't you being agreeing to contract terms with Koodo that would protect you from such increases? (for the length of that agreement).

(PS: Sorry, I don't seem to kow how to use the reply button on this forum correctly lol)

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@youbme wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Oh, this is going to be hard to resist. 

I know...I had a moment of thinking it makes sense, then I did the math for long term, and for my two lines, we still come out ahead with PM. BUT, another $5 off for the same data and I'm outta here!

I’m about to eat my words...looking at my wife’s line and realizing with the $180 credit, she’d be paying quite a bit less for the next 12 months, I may switch one of our lines over, especially since I have kept all the referrals on my line.

My main issue is what happens after 12 months? There aren’t any guarantees with either company. As mentioned already, nothing is really stopping Public Mobile from changing rates on all our plans whenever they wish - as long as there is sufficient notice, it is within their legal right. However, public perception plays a big role here. The more people benefitting from a plan, the larger number of complaints the company will receive. When Koodo raises the rates in the future, will there be enough of us to complain and stop it from happening?? I’m certainly conflicted on this matter....

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How does the $180 credit work? Is it applied to the new Koodo account all at once or is it a $15 credit each month for 12 months? Is there a catch?

Highlighted

@jay_hennebury wrote:

I say this with complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the cellular business, BUT: I would think this would be the opposite? I would think that because you're on a pay-as-you-go with PM they can change the deal at any time and you don't have to like it; you're essentially re-buying the service each month/3 month term. With Koodo being post-paid, wouldn't you being agreeing to contract terms with Koodo that would protect you from such increases? (for the length of that agreement).

(PS: Sorry, I don't seem to kow how to use the reply button on this forum correctly lol)

Postpaid does not mean a fixed contract (1, 2 or 3 year plans), so you are covered in the same way as Public Mobile with Koodo - they must give a 30-day notice before changing fees.

Highlighted

@MrPants wrote:

How does the $180 credit work? Is it applied to the new Koodo account all at once or is it a $15 credit each month for 12 months? Is there a catch?

$15 each month for 12 months.