cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

Dani_S
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the text but my husband, who joined PM at the same time as me, during the Fall 2016 promo, hasn't.

When we put his number in the validation code box he gets an error message: 'Oops! This validation code isn't valid...etc' 😤

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@youbme wrote:

Until recently I felt left out from all the texts to switch to Koodo Robot LOL, here's the latest for those who haven't seen it yet. I'm particularly excited to see the 5gb offer, that is quite an impressive deal, and a shift in the approach it seems.

Lower than 40 has always been my goal, if I didn't have so many referrals from being with PM for so long I'd definitely consider this offer...

Screenshot_20180824-141434.png

That's more like it, PM.  Keep sweetening those offers, including more choice.  Robot Happy

I remember asking for some price point options in the switchover offers here.  Maybe PM took note after all, but more likely they came to the realization on their own that some customers prioritize lower price over more data, i.e. PM didn't sufficiently factor in the various rewards when they priced their previous offers.  They are actually offering even more data for $35 now than the example I gave at the same price.

However, I'm still staying because since Round 1 my plan cost with PM has dropped (or will soon drop) even further due to a combination of:
-picking up referrals
-increased community rewards 
-another loyalty discount coming soon (November anniversary)
Plus, I have an account balance from vouchers for which the $180 credit is not nearly enough to cover. Had PM made the $35 for 5 GB offer back in March, I might have taken it then, but not now.  My price goalpost has since moved.  In all likelihood, I will end up staying, because I don't expect that the Koodo offer will ever be priced low enough for me.

Thanks... going to see if I need to txt offer to it....still haven’t received it.

@sbreakin, thanks for confirming they’re at least targeting some on the 2016 Promo.  I still want to know the short code number it was sent from, as I haven’t received it yet.

What code sent it to your wife?

@Jarvar wrote:

@will13am

I didn't know if the only requirement was that I was a Public Mobile client and as long as I had a phone line with them. I didn't know how they choose who gets the texts. I don't think members of other carriers like Rogers are receiving these same promotions.

I thought the goal was to get everybody to Koodo. I thought they wanted everyone to switch over to them. My mistake. I guess I just have to wait.

No, this is by special invite only.  Depending on the plan that you currently have with Public Mobile, you get different migration offers.  They are matched to the current plan. 

As for those who are with the competition, well, the only way to address the FOMO is to sign up with Public Mobile because that is the gateway to these offers.  If the Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Freedom, Videotron etc. customers haven't figured that out by now, I guess they will never get it. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am

I didn't know if the only requirement was that I was a Public Mobile client and as long as I had a phone line with them. I didn't know how they choose who gets the texts. I don't think members of other carriers like Rogers are receiving these same promotions.

I thought the goal was to get everybody to Koodo. I thought they wanted everyone to switch over to them. My mistake. I guess I just have to wait.

Jarvar

@wetcoaster

Thanks. Yeah I'm on the same plan. I called Koodo a day or two after I signed up with Public Mobile just to give it a try. They said I wasn't eligible unless I get a text. Usually the longer I am with PM the more likely I would get one. A worker at WoW mobile mentioned that I needed to have my PM number for 30 days to be eligible for some promotions so she put a note down in my file to contact me then. Also gave me her Whatsapp number to be alerted for promotions.

I don't know if it's true or not.

@Jarvar wrote:

@will13am

I just want to confirm. You would have had to receive a text in order to be eligible for the promotion is that correct?

I tried calling one of their call centre representatives and that was the impression that she gave me. It would help if people here could back that claim up.

Thank you so much.

Well of course you need to meet eligibility requirements.  If not, the entire population would switch to Koodo in a heartbeat.  If you received the text message with the offer, then you are eligible.  Simple as that. 

@Jarvar wrote:

@will13am

I just want to confirm. You would have had to receive a text in order to be eligible for the promotion is that correct?

I tried calling one of their call centre representatives and that was the impression that she gave me. It would help if people here could back that claim up.

Thank you so much.

@Jarvar
I'm on the $45/5.5GB plan, did not get a promo text (this time) and when I go through the sign-up process on the koodo site it tells me that I'm not eligible for any promo offers.

smp99

@stonechucker wrote:

@smp99, you're on the fall 2016 promo, and got this by txt message offer?  Which shortcode sent it to you?

Jarvar

@will13am

Thank you so much.

@dyoo8 wrote:

I got the offer and I want to switch! Currently on 120$/12G plan.

Can someone please give me or direct me to a detailed instructions on how I can go about switching?

I want to do it myself but I need help!

Thank you!

Just go online to Koodo and order the plan.  Select shop, bring your own phone, add SIM card to cart, select have promo code, enter code, enter eligible phone number.  On the next screen you will see the available promo provided in the text, select it, proceed with the order. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/ 

pakmode

Oh wow. This is crazy. 

Jarvar

@piggykiller

Somone at the kiosk I went to mentioned the goal was to move people from Public Mobile over to Koodo. However on the forum, that doesn't seem to be an official answer. So who knows.

dyoo8

I got the offer and I want to switch! Currently on 120$/12G plan.

Can someone please give me or direct me to a detailed instructions on how I can go about switching?

I want to do it myself but I need help!

Thank you!

@GreatCanadian wrote:

We have 4 lines with Public Mobile. I'm not going anywhere but I may switch one of my daughters. I have a couple of questions as I have no idea how Koodo tab works. 

Can you bring your own phone? 

If you bring your own phone are you still eligible for the $180 credit? 

Is the Zero Dollar phone actually zero dollars or is it zero dollars down and pay $20 or so monthly depending on the phone. 

How long do you have to be locked in if you bring your own phone? 

I think that's all for now!  Thanks in advance for any help you may offer. 

GC 

You can always bring your own phone although Koodo would like you to buy a phone from them and carry a tab as a short leash to keep you with the service for a couple of years. 

The $180 credit comes with getting the plan and staying for 12 months.  The credit is given out at $15 per month over 12 months.  It is not a one time payment. 

Ever since the CRTC brought in the new wireless code, I don't see any carrier offering "contracts" anymore.  In other words, there are no break up fees for leaving early.  This is why carriers like customers getting hardware with their plan.  The hardware tab is the so called leash that retains the customer.  If you leave before the tab is worked off, you owe the remaining balance right away.  Many see that as a break up fee but it is not.  You would have to pay that amount anyway, albeit in monthly installments. 

In your case with multiple lines, I think it is a no brainer to split the loyalty and get some plans over at Koodo while retaining this service as well.  You get to enjoy the best of both services. 

youbme

@GreatCanadian wrote:

We have 4 lines with Public Mobile. I'm not going anywhere but I may switch one of my daughters. I have a couple of questions as I have no idea how Koodo tab works. 

Is the Zero Dollar phone actually zero dollars or is it zero dollars down and pay $20 or so monthly depending on the phone. 

GC 

You can bring your own phone and will still receive the $180 credit ($15/month credit to your bill).

Zero Dollar phone is not zero - you get a tab and will pay monthly to pay off the phone over time.

Month-to-month commitment, similar to PM but POSTPAID, meaning that you can go over data and accidentally roam in the US, etc... as explained by @sbreakin above.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There could be a few factors behind it. Improving their average revenue per customer is one thing, positive increase of new activations is another (which would in turn make their quartetly report look better). Those are literally all that the upper management cares about, which is really bad for the customers. 

In this instance, I'd say its their last effort at the back-to-school seasonal promotion. Very enticing I have to say especially when you factor in the bill credit. 

sbreakin

Hi @stonechucker

My wife is still on the 120d 12G for $120-6 plan & i tried this code & seem to accept it & offer the 2 new plans (although I didn't go all the way to end).

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

PM advantage: My wife still has the fall plan & it has advantages, such as:

- cheaper US roaming ]at $5-$20 for 10 days versus Koodos at $7 & going to $8/d if you use it,

- PM has no potential to accidentally send a text or call when roaming in USA or border

- all the various rewards including loyalty with the price dropping $1/yr ).

- call forward is included (extra $3 at Koodo). so i can't call forward to Fongo when I'm overseas or at home (to landline)

Koodo pro:

I switched to Koodo $40/6G (but i would prefer this $35/5G plan) & found advantages are: Medium tab option & sometimes there are activation credits for a medium without the sign-up/ cancel efforts & risks (of being rejected later or impacting credit score...), Canada wide minutes

Both have the same reception & normally good customer service

GreatCanadian

GC 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@smp99, you're on the fall 2016 promo, and got this by txt message offer?  Which shortcode sent it to you?

youbme

@MrPants wrote:

How does the $180 credit work? Is it applied to the new Koodo account all at once or is it a $15 credit each month for 12 months? Is there a catch?

$15 each month for 12 months.

youbme

@jay_hennebury wrote:

I say this with complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the cellular business, BUT: I would think this would be the opposite? I would think that because you're on a pay-as-you-go with PM they can change the deal at any time and you don't have to like it; you're essentially re-buying the service each month/3 month term. With Koodo being post-paid, wouldn't you being agreeing to contract terms with Koodo that would protect you from such increases? (for the length of that agreement).

(PS: Sorry, I don't seem to kow how to use the reply button on this forum correctly lol)

Postpaid does not mean a fixed contract (1, 2 or 3 year plans), so you are covered in the same way as Public Mobile with Koodo - they must give a 30-day notice before changing fees.

MrPants

How does the $180 credit work? Is it applied to the new Koodo account all at once or is it a $15 credit each month for 12 months? Is there a catch?

youbme

@youbme wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Oh, this is going to be hard to resist. 

I know...I had a moment of thinking it makes sense, then I did the math for long term, and for my two lines, we still come out ahead with PM. BUT, another $5 off for the same data and I'm outta here!

I’m about to eat my words...looking at my wife’s line and realizing with the $180 credit, she’d be paying quite a bit less for the next 12 months, I may switch one of our lines over, especially since I have kept all the referrals on my line.

My main issue is what happens after 12 months? There aren’t any guarantees with either company. As mentioned already, nothing is really stopping Public Mobile from changing rates on all our plans whenever they wish - as long as there is sufficient notice, it is within their legal right. However, public perception plays a big role here. The more people benefitting from a plan, the larger number of complaints the company will receive. When Koodo raises the rates in the future, will there be enough of us to complain and stop it from happening?? I’m certainly conflicted on this matter....

jay_hennebury

@@tzliu wrote:

@jay_hennebury wrote:

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this?

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

"Exactly!  There is minimal control when you sign up for a postpaid service. With PM, we can wait for deals to get even better and such when we choose. The last time public mobile tried to raise fees on existing customers, there was a reboot and they backed down.... That is the wild card to me, Telus could make any decision any time and we are at their mercy."

I say this with complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the cellular business, BUT: I would think this would be the opposite? I would think that because you're on a pay-as-you-go with PM they can change the deal at any time and you don't have to like it; you're essentially re-buying the service each month/3 month term. With Koodo being post-paid, wouldn't you being agreeing to contract terms with Koodo that would protect you from such increases? (for the length of that agreement).

(PS: Sorry, I don't seem to kow how to use the reply button on this forum correctly lol)

Ryyyan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also got this promo from Koodo. Actually, I just joined into the PM last month and i don't want to change the mobile company so frequently. However, this promo is very attractive.How should i choose?Smiley Mad

tofudumpling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on the Fall 2016 Promo ($120 for 12GB) and I never receive these Koodo promos. And my number does not show up as eligible for the promo. Does anyone at PM or Koodo know how I could get this deal?

Who's being targeted on the plan?

I've recently gotten a new phone, and I haven't received the offer yet - which shortcode is sending it out?

I've recently re-cancelled my future dated plan change for the current $40 for 4.5 GB... Interesting offer.. wonder if I've missed out or not.

Still thinking I'm sticking here though.

Effort

I'm just going to stick with PM, at least until the end of the year when my credits with PM run out.

I don't need the extra data and I don't want to deal with the hassle right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.