Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Latest offering from Koodo

@youbme wrote:
@sharerb wrote:

got this offer as well and am interested in switching. One problem, I already have a $50 balance on my Public Mobile account (through a  voucher). I realize they are giving you a 180$ credit with koodo once you switch, but what will happen with my unused $50 Public Mobile balance? Will they transfer that to Koodo too?

You will lose the $50 balance when the account closes, that's the reason for the $180 incentive.

I understand, that might be the case --- but, one cannot really claim that that is the reason for the $180 incentive... If somebody had a 0$ public mobile balance they would still be getting the 180$ incentive. Likewise, I wouldnt be losing that $50 if I hadnt already credited it to my Public Mobile account... but I would still be getting the $180 incentive... 

Regardless I'm not complaining, I just wanted to know.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

I’m switching 4 lines to the 3G $40/4.5gb promo soon. Wonder if we’ll be getting these offers. 

$35/5GB is a really nice price point. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@koodoport99 wrote:

I've just used the promo to switch over to Koodo, but my next billing date with Public Mobile is August 29th (next Wednesday). Does anyone know what I can do to make sure I don't get billed but make sure my service isn't interrupted/my number ported over successfully? I don't mind a service interruption, but want to guarantee my number gets moved over properly. Any help is very much appreciated!  

First, cancel auto pay by logging in to your self serve account. If you've already started the process, then it should port over well before your renewal.

Highlighted

Good Luck, Bro.

Tell us if any good and bad happens in Koodo.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

Oh, this is going to be hard to resist. 

Agree.  $35/5GB - No point to stay at Cityfone for $36 3GB data.  The worse part of Cityfone plan is locked in for 2 years.

Highlighted

@will13am wrote:

Oh, this is going to be hard to resist. 

I know...I had a moment of thinking it makes sense, then I did the math for long term, and for my two lines, we still come out ahead with PM. BUT, another $5 off for the same data and I'm outta here!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jay_hennebury wrote:

I was wondering how many people were left after the last offerings to switch. This is definitely the best one yet for me, as $35 is what I'm paying here with the perks but this is more data, and basically 5 months of free bills (using the $180 credit). Plus my 3 month term is about to be up (so no money lost)... and I can't see myself gaining many more perks here with PM in the future.

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this? I know it would put me back on a "credit" plan instead of pay-as-you-go, but I think I can handle it...

Someone convince me not to take it!

Cheers,

Jamie

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow. You get the $180 if you bring your own phone.

I'm in 40/4.5 GB plan right now and it's under 35 with rewards.

But this deal would be 35 but 15 credit every month would make it 5 gigs of LTE for 20/mth for an entire year...this may be tough to pass up.

Highlighted

EDIT: This reply was meant for koodoport99 on the secound page.

"Just remove auto-payment from your PM acocunt so it doesn't automatically pay for the new term."

Highlighted

@tzliu wrote:

@jay_hennebury wrote:

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this?

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

Exactly!  There is minimal control when you sign up for a postpaid service. With PM, we can wait for deals to get even better and such when we choose. The last time public mobile tried to raise fees on existing customers, there was a reboot and they backed down.... That is the wild card to me, Telus could make any decision any time and we are at their mercy.