cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi ,

this only promotion if for public mobile customer switching to koodo ?  it is not for public people ?

thanks.

youbme

@tzliu wrote:

@jay_hennebury wrote:

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this?

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

Exactly!  There is minimal control when you sign up for a postpaid service. With PM, we can wait for deals to get even better and such when we choose. The last time public mobile tried to raise fees on existing customers, there was a reboot and they backed down.... That is the wild card to me, Telus could make any decision any time and we are at their mercy.

jay_hennebury
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EDIT: This reply was meant for koodoport99 on the secound page.

"Just remove auto-payment from your PM acocunt so it doesn't automatically pay for the new term."

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Wow. You get the $180 if you bring your own phone.

I'm in 40/4.5 GB plan right now and it's under 35 with rewards.

But this deal would be 35 but 15 credit every month would make it 5 gigs of LTE for 20/mth for an entire year...this may be tough to pass up.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jay_hennebury wrote:

I was wondering how many people were left after the last offerings to switch. This is definitely the best one yet for me, as $35 is what I'm paying here with the perks but this is more data, and basically 5 months of free bills (using the $180 credit). Plus my 3 month term is about to be up (so no money lost)... and I can't see myself gaining many more perks here with PM in the future.

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this? I know it would put me back on a "credit" plan instead of pay-as-you-go, but I think I can handle it...

Someone convince me not to take it!

Cheers,

Jamie

1. pre-paid - worry-free and priceless

2. $180 is not $180 (sim card)

3. Koodo fees will go up while with PM fees are going down with rewards and referrals  (assuming TELUS is not forcing another increase)

youbme

@will13am wrote:

Oh, this is going to be hard to resist. 

I know...I had a moment of thinking it makes sense, then I did the math for long term, and for my two lines, we still come out ahead with PM. BUT, another $5 off for the same data and I'm outta here!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Agree.  $35/5GB - No point to stay at Cityfone for $36 3GB data.  The worse part of Cityfone plan is locked in for 2 years.

piggykiller

Good Luck, Bro.

Tell us if any good and bad happens in Koodo.

youbme

@koodoport99 wrote:

I've just used the promo to switch over to Koodo, but my next billing date with Public Mobile is August 29th (next Wednesday). Does anyone know what I can do to make sure I don't get billed but make sure my service isn't interrupted/my number ported over successfully? I don't mind a service interruption, but want to guarantee my number gets moved over properly. Any help is very much appreciated!  

First, cancel auto pay by logging in to your self serve account. If you've already started the process, then it should port over well before your renewal.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I’m switching 4 lines to the 3G $40/4.5gb promo soon. Wonder if we’ll be getting these offers. 

$35/5GB is a really nice price point. 

sharerb
@youbme wrote:
@sharerb wrote:

got this offer as well and am interested in switching. One problem, I already have a $50 balance on my Public Mobile account (through a  voucher). I realize they are giving you a 180$ credit with koodo once you switch, but what will happen with my unused $50 Public Mobile balance? Will they transfer that to Koodo too?

You will lose the $50 balance when the account closes, that's the reason for the $180 incentive.

I understand, that might be the case --- but, one cannot really claim that that is the reason for the $180 incentive... If somebody had a 0$ public mobile balance they would still be getting the 180$ incentive. Likewise, I wouldnt be losing that $50 if I hadnt already credited it to my Public Mobile account... but I would still be getting the $180 incentive... 

Regardless I'm not complaining, I just wanted to know.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

jay_hennebury

I was wondering how many people were left after the last offerings to switch. This is definitely the best one yet for me, as $35 is what I'm paying here with the perks but this is more data, and basically 5 months of free bills (using the $180 credit). Plus my 3 month term is about to be up (so no money lost)... and I can't see myself gaining many more perks here with PM in the future.

Anyone have any solid evidence of the downfalls of taking a deal such as this? I know it would put me back on a "credit" plan instead of pay-as-you-go, but I think I can handle it...

Someone convince me not to take it!

Cheers,

Jamie

koodoport99

I've just used the promo to switch over to Koodo, but my next billing date with Public Mobile is August 29th (next Wednesday). Does anyone know what I can do to make sure I don't get billed but make sure my service isn't interrupted/my number ported over successfully? I don't mind a service interruption, but want to guarantee my number gets moved over properly. Any help is very much appreciated!  

youbme

@sharerb wrote:

got this offer as well and am interested in switching. One problem, I already have a $50 balance on my Public Mobile account (through a  voucher). I realize they are giving you a 180$ credit with koodo once you switch, but what will happen with my unused $50 Public Mobile balance? Will they transfer that to Koodo too?

You will lose the $50 balance when the account closes, that's the reason for the $180 incentive.

youbme

@smp99 wrote:

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

Sorry, didn't mean to start another thread, I missed your while I was posting!

Very interesting times indeed.  I have the 40/4.5gb promo and just got the same text, still not worth it for me, and I'll always prefer prepaid unless prices drop even more for postpaid.

sbreakin

Gosh this is a nice choice. Cheaper price with lots of data or even more data for same price as the earlier special.

I would prefer to keep my monthly price lower at $35/mo as 5Gb is plenty (i'm not sure i hit 2Gb/mo).

Both plans include unlimited minutes & text.

And both qualifies for medium tab - although there haven't been as many medium tab specials/ activation credits recently but they happen. 

It's better than the $40/ 6Gb plan i switched to on the earlier promo. 

For those interested, we switched one plan to Koodo & kept one at PM  & quite happy with both company's service & plans.

My wife wanted to stay on PM $40-$2 with 12G/90d plan which I think has some advantages too - such as 90 days to average out data use and cheaper US roaming add-ons on PM with no accidental roaming charges (as it just doesn't work). And call forwarding (whereas Koodo charge $3).

Koodo advantage is the potential discount on phones, usually Canada wide minutes and physical locations. 

Both have same reception. 

sharerb

Gonzo

@piggykiller wrote:

What happens to Koodo and Public Mobile? How come koodo keeps stealing clients from his little brother? Because we pay too much now or Public mobile is going to die. Could anyone tell me whats the trick behind the deal?

It does seem like PM is Telus’ way to draw people over to their network, and then up-sale them to Koodo which is more locked in. (Nothing in life is free, especially if it’s a free phone. 🙂)

youbme

@piggykiller wrote:

What happens to Koodo and Public Mobile? How come koodo keeps stealing clients from his little brother? Because we pay too much now or Public mobile is going to die. Could anyone tell me whats the trick behind the deal?

In the end of the day, Telus wants everyone to be post paid, much preferred for shareholders. However, there is and always will be a market for prepaid, and that's why I doubt that public mobile will be going away anytime soon. However, PM is looking more like the gateway to Koodo and post paid services for those who are on the fence.

piggykiller

If thats the plan, Increase 5/month and promote $35/5GB or $40/8GB. I believe most custom will switch to koodo or other carrier. 

DmcDohko

I received it as well. Seems like the best offer yet, however, while some may be lured in, it's still not enough for me.

Personally I prefer my bill to be much lower while still benefitting from decent perks and it can only be possible with public mobile through rewards and referrals - that is one thing that makes PM great.

I'm also very much aware of how things are running elsewhere in the world where you can get 40gb plans for 7euro a month... therefore these deals kinda make me feel dumb and exploited more than anything...

Lastly, I'm still unsure why another provider under the Telus umbrella is trying to lure us away from PM - feels like as soon as most do so they can take the plans and perks away and raise prices...

piggykiller

tzliu

Guess - TELUS is trying harder and harder to get all 4G users over to Koodo, and future plan for Public Mobile? a pure 3G provider?

piggykiller

Liminal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Came here to post this. Seems like a good deal, but I’m very wary of promotions. What are the risks/downsides to switching? I don’t have any referrals and don’t intend on switching my phone anytime soon. 

smp99

It says $0 with the Tab, so you will have a Tab charge - I don't know if it is small or medium tab and does it apply to both offers

youbme

Until recently I felt left out from all the texts to switch to Koodo Robot LOL, here's the latest for those who haven't seen it yet. I'm particularly excited to see the 5gb offer, that is quite an impressive deal, and a shift in the approach it seems.

Lower than 40 has always been my goal, if I didn't have so many referrals from being with PM for so long I'd definitely consider this offer...

Screenshot_20180824-141434.png

GreatCanadian

So what is the zero dollar phone plan? Is there a phone I can get for Zero dollars  or is it zero dollars up front and pay tab monthly. 

GC 

chakri264

I received it too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.