cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Freedom porting issue - data is on and working, but phone/texts are not

yana_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I ported my phone over yesterday. The data started working right away, but the phone and text functionality is just not. I'm not able to receive texts or calls.

I emailed through contact us, as I received a text from PM that said "experiencing difficulties processing your request, click contact us and fill out the SIM & Activation form". I did that, but they got back to me and said that porting was complete and they could see I have started using the services. The only thing is I've only used data because I can't use text/phone.

What I have tried:

- powering off the phone and powering back on (no effect)

- installing a software update that I had pending (no effect)

- resetting the connection and/or removing/putting the SIM card back in (no effect)

What exactly am I supposed to do next?

EDIT: Mods fixed it, if you're having the same issue probably just PM them

4 REPLIES 4

It's a pain I notice lots and lots of peoples having this same issue. Which need to be get fixed its kind of bring new op expectation low. Since they are just joining and having issues when signing up doesn't leave a good repo on them. Hopefully they will fix it for long run.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

yana_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
It's been a day, and the person from customer service said porting was complete, so I don't know that that's it. I've been intermittently power cycling in hopes it would fix something for almost a whole day.

I'll probably just send a PM as advised.

MarkHo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@yana_B the porting is usually take about an hour and up to 3 hours to complete. You might just have to wait just a little bit longer then power recycle you phone to try.

Hope that all it is. If still not working I think you still need to get hold of PM to have the situation resolved, they are usually pretty good.

Good luck.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@yana_B, sorry to hear that you are having problems.  Is your old sim still working?  I haven't heard of this issue where data is working but the phone and texting isn't.  You will need to private message a MOD, in your message you will need to include your email, and phone number.  You can find out how to send a private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.