cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Flaw

iamnopreacher
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My wife recently signed up with PM. She gave my phone number as the person who referred her. During activation there was an error in porting her existing Virgin number and she was forced to take a new number. The payment went through and the SIM got activated but she couldn't get access, till today, to Self Serve. Anyway, after about 4 days her number was ported, but the referral credit was not given to me. That's a flaw in the system. Wonder how long PM will be in Beta? At the speed at which they are finxing issues, we'll be in Beta for a very very long time. I have sent PM an email and I sincerely hope they give me the credit that is due. @Moid_I@Mansi_G, can you please look minto this and don't keep me hanging for ever.

11 REPLIES 11

iamnopreacher

@Mansi_G Thank you for taking care of this so promptly.

Thanks for confirming @iamnopreacher. Good thing that the actual rewards are not impacted.

I will escalate the issue with not all numbers are showing for RAF in your Rewards page.

iamnopreacher

@Mansi_G Thanks for replying. I took a look at the credit and that amount is correct, but the phone numbers that show up in the list is missing one, that's why I got misled. I do hope that one number missing from the list won't affect the credit amount in the future. In any care, it's a flaw, so I do hope someone fixes it soon. I don't wat to be guessing every time.

I do agree, the issues that continue to pile up are too bitter to digest. Hoping PM will locate and squish them

Hi @iamnopreacher - I understand from the info you provided that your wife's number is not showing under Rewards page in your Self Serve account. Could you also confirm if the dollar amount that shows in the Rewards page for Refer-a-friend is correct or not?

Thanks

lqu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @iamnopreacher, my experience for the referral credit is that it is independent of a new number or number porting, since the referral is a page before that.  I think the issue your wife has is about activation, and the online self serve is not available until now.  If this is an error in Public Mobile, definitely @Mansi_G will be able to help on this issue.  Please try to email to Public Mobile first and wait for 48 hours.  They should be able to fix the referral issue, and this reward is not effective until the plan renewal date.

iamnopreacher

@srlawren No worries.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iamnopreacher my apologies for the confusion

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

iamnopreacher

@srlawren Of course I know that, but all your referrals show up in your account before they are credited. My daughter signed up a few days back and gave me as a referral a her number shows up in my account but not my wife's. So, you see, it is a flaw.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I've yet to do any referrals, but the info on it says the credit will be applied to your account on your next renewal date.  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/m-p/411#U411.  So, I don't think this is actually a flaw, it's likely working as designed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mayor / Maire

@iamnopreacher wrote:

That's a flaw in the system. Wonder how long PM will be in Beta? At the speed at which they are finxing issues, we'll be in Beta for a very very long time.

Amen to that, my friend!

Need Help? Let's chat.