The Lounge
Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

[NEW] Blog Post: Phone Recycling

The Call to Recycle: Transforming Old Phones into New Opportunities In an age where technology evolves at lightning speed, most of us have old mobile phones collecting dust in drawers. But what if those forgotten handsets could help reduce waste, sav...

J_PM by Public Mobile
  • 20 replies
  • 26 Bravos

Blog Post: Unlock the Power of Public Points

The More You Know: Unlock the Power of Public Points Introduction As a subscriber to Public Mobile, you're likely familiar with the variety of unique perks that come with using our service. Among them is the Public Points Rewards program, which is a...

J_PM_0-1697050625605.gif
J_PM by Public Mobile
  • 49 replies
  • 27 Bravos

Blog Post: Why 5G is the Future with Public Mobile

When it comes to technology, standing still is the same as moving backward. That's why at Public Mobile, we're not just keeping pace with change; we're leading the way with Canada's first 5G subscription phone service.  What's So Special About 5G?5G ...

Public Mobile_WhyPublic_Reliabilty_VerticalBars_5GIcon_Sand.png
J_PM by Public Mobile
  • 36 replies
  • 15 Bravos

Top Contributors 2023

Hey Community,    Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations this month!    We'd like to encourage community members to congratulate other members and share comments under this thread. However, we will keep the Top Contributors ...

J_PM by Public Mobile
  • 347 replies
  • 48 Bravos

Imagine

Well, this IS the Lounge so this SHOULD stay here. Let’s see what happens…ImagineImagine theres no rewardsPM hopes that you tryNo more bill discountsAbove all, only liesImagine all subscribersLosing auto pay…Aha-ha… Imagine no commitments PM hopes th...

RetiredGuy1 by Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • 1 replies
  • 2 Bravos

Re: Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

Oh man, now we're seeing oracles having full-blown meltdowns in the comments, this is crazy to watch. This company is in shambles. Sounds like PM needs to consider shutting down the Oracle program altogether as well, especially if these people are be...

Wolfcore by Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Bravos

What carriers have roaming or not?

Here is 9 carriers, next chart is 7CategoryTELUS MobilityBell MobilityRogers WirelessKoodo MobileVirgin PlusFido SolutionsPublic MobileLucky MobileChatr WirelessPay Per use rates available in the USA?YesYesYesYesYesYesNoN/AYesRoaming Packages interna...

fixin1 by Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • 1 replies
  • 2 Bravos

Forced new rewards plan

Hello long time customer here. What happened to public mobile.  I've been a member promoting this company from the start and as the years go by it's becoming the same as the monopoly companies. This was supposed to be different from the rest.  Nothin...

Macdaddy by Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • 1 replies
  • 2 Bravos

Re: Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

Why do the Oracles deserve bravo's more than regular users? They're already being paid for their services. They're far better off than all of us after this change. Some of the Oracles have also been terrible in this thread in particular. They've spen...

Wolfcore by Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  • 36 replies
  • 0 Bravos

What is Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE, roaming, and 5G? Here to explain!

What is Wi-Fi Calling?Wi-Fi calling (Also known as VoWi-Fi) is a way to make talk and text using any normal internet connection. Why do I say "Normal?" It is because ports 500 and 4500 need to be open, if the admin blocked from using those ports on t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Bravos

Opting out of reward system changes

Seeing as I'm not interested in these reward programme changes public mobile seems to be intent on forcing down on us and the deal at sign up was that it wouldn't change, I would like to know how to opt out.Thank you in advance. 

public mobile.png
Quiglesworth by Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Bravos

240GB Bonus Complaint *

Lets make this post sort of a B* fest on the garbage offer of 240GB.Take away our loyalty program give us Data that (Most of us) we cant use.You see im on the 50Gb plan, if I turn off WiFi and go hard I can barely break 5GB!!!  I can't touch the 240G...

Thanks

Just a thankyou to Dust2Dust for the private message help, he spent a lot of time getting me to the solution.Also thankyou to all the community members that have assisted me to transion to the use of forums.

IanP by Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Bravos

This is going to be my new account from now on...

So I just spoke with multiple CSA's and they said no. The one with @fixin that I was taking to said yeah submit a ticket using this account. Then when I do and get a reply they say no.So I've just deemed to start using this account from now on to get...

• 10 replies
  • 4 Bravos

The best phone plans for all (Cheapest for 1GB of data)

Here is 9 carriers (Another 4 in another grid)CategoryTELUS MobilityBell MobilityRogers Wireless*Koodo MobileVirgin PlusFido Solutions*Public MobileLucky MobileChatr Wireless*Price for at least 1GB of data$35$30$50$25$30$34$25$25$25Data1GB (3GB autop...

V1_no_name_mobile_logo_header_black.svg.png
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Bravos

They are touting

What the cell industry is saying about their enhanced services during the solar eclipse.  https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/rogers-bell-tout-eclipse-preparation-142801182.html

Sansan by Mayor / Maire
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Bravos

Minimum wages across canada

Does this really reflect inflation?https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-second-lowest-minimum-wage-1.7170096

Sansan by Mayor / Maire
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Bravos

So what the point of Public Mobile?

So starting in May they will be changing me $25 for a 1 GB plan, when I could get more data with any other company.I can get it it with rogers or Freedom. And with real customer service reps to help you. I had a budget plan because I can do my own te...

Top Contributors
Need Help? Let's chat.