cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying text from pm

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone is having this problem. I live fairly close to the states from where I am in Ontario and I keep getting a text every ten min or so that I can't send text outside of Canada which I know. I haven't even sent a text yet since activation nor left my home. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.
21 REPLIES 21

@daniela94,

To avoid these messages, you need to disable iMessage.

daniela94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a iphone 5c and live in north york. inside toronto and i currently keep recieving alot of message from PM that they currently dont offer message to USA. when i am not even sending messing to the US. Please PM fix this issue.

David

Not surprising, at all, considering Toronto's own Ting is operating in the US only as a Sprint MVNO...  for the exact same reasons Lyca abandoned its canadian endeavour.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Yep, Certainly going in the right direction but not far enough. What we need in Canada are MVNO but the major ones have stayed out of Canada because of the rates. For Example one of the world's largest MVNO Lyca Mobile was suppose to launch in Canada in 2012 but it never happened because they couldn't get a proper/cheap enough deal from Robellus

@chukdefatey, Have you read the new Roaming rates CRTC announced? I read them. Going in right Direction, but certainly not far enough. What you think?

chukdefatey
^LOL

It's a good reminder, sometimes ppl forget that their plans are at the renewal date

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I keep getting the same message, but I am not using an iPhone nor am I near the border. I seem to get these messages whenever I restart my phone or when I haven't used it in a while. Everything appears to be set up properly.

maaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think it's not just with iphones. I got that message a few times while using an app and I have an samsung.  You'll get that message anytime something tries to send a text outside canada.

DK
My wife's i6 is using koodo 19 as well. I was going to upload a screenshot of her apn so you could compare later but I seem to remember a post awhile back with a problem with iMsg as well that had to be taken care of on PM's end.

hunnybunny
I have emailed them and am waiting to see what their solution is. I was able to block the text messages. Unfortantley I am now blocking 611. But has not solved my iMessage activation issues as this stop the text that am now happening exactly half hour apart lol.
Thank you for trying I really appreciate it. If it helps I'm not on koodos 18.5. I'm on koodos 19 but says public mobile ( of course ).

DK
Well I guess it will be on PM end of things if you have all the apn settings done as per guide.

hunnybunny
thank you! but i already tried that and its still not working 😞

DK

DK
Do you have the correct apn settings entered?

hunnybunny
Yes I am using an iPhone 5s and u are absolutely right. It is the iMessage trying to activate. Is there anyway that I can get my iMessage working? I use them the the most.

chukdefatey

@hunnybunny wrote:
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone is having this problem. I live fairly close to the states from where I am in Ontario and I keep getting a text every ten min or so that I can't send text outside of Canada which I know. I haven't even sent a text yet since activation nor left my home. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.

I am almost certain what your issue is. You have an iPhone Right? 

Because you have an iPhone it keeps trying to activate Face time & imessage & the reason why you are getting that message is because in order to activate those two things it quietly sends text to UK (some say its a US number but I know its a UK number) number which Public Mobile hasn't White listed them under the new plans therefore you keep getting those texts. With the old plans this wasn't an issue because it included international texts & other cell phone providers & plans that have only Canadian texting have white listed the number the text is sent to

DK
Keep us updated as well pls.

Thanks

hunnybunny
Thanks everyone. I have used Koodo and telus recently in the same location with no issue. Considering they are all owned by the same and I looked and I am bouncing off of a Koodo tower while on pm. So I am baffled. I will def email them as this will just kill my phone to quickly and will have to go back to Koodo.

DK
Probably the best bet is to send PM a email telling them your issue and then try blocking that number in your phone to see if you can stop the annoying texts.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hunnybunny

It's possible that where you're located  the closest cell tower is state-side and that results in an automatic text telling you about the lack of roaming.

I haven't had the issue with my PM line as I haven't travelled close to the border with it but while using a TELUS line in Niagara Falls, ON I had a text message telling me that I was now roaming despite not having left the country.

Need Help? Let's chat.