cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying text from PM and I have a huawmi phone

daniela94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I currently have a huawmi phone from metroplus, and I keep getting a message from PM saying they don't offer messages outside of Canada. Please can anyone help me, because this message is getting super annoying every few minutes. No I don't have iMessage or FaceTime since my phone is an android.
7 REPLIES 7

daniela94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Nope, I do not live near the border. I actually live in Toronto.

the1nonly214
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since you have an android you can try doing a force stop on your messaging app under the application manager if your default messaging app is trying to send a text outside of Canada (and based on the annoying notification it is) this act should rectify that problem. When you do a force stop also clear your cache, this will delete all the messages in your text history so if you don't have any important texts more than likely you can stop being bombarded with the notifications.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Not sure why my message didn't appear.

FYI: @Martin, PM doesn't send you a message or tries to send you message that they don't offer Roaming

chukdefatey

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

Do you live near the Canada/USA border? If so, PM is automatically informing you that roaming outside Canada is not supported. Others have reported the same problem, which stopped after several days.

Cheers

chukdefatey

@daniela94 wrote:
I currently have a huawmi phone from metroplus, and I keep getting a message from PM saying they don't offer messages outside of Canada. Please can anyone help me, because this message is getting super annoying every few minutes. No I don't have iMessage or FaceTime since my phone is an android.

There is some sort of an app in your phone that is trying to send a SMS to outside of Canada which is why you are getting that message

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
What texting apps do you have on your phone other than the native SMS app?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Do you live near the Canada/USA border? If so, PM is automatically informing you that roaming outside Canada is not supported. Others have reported the same problem, which stopped after several days.

Cheers!
Need Help? Let's chat.