cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber Alert 2018 05 14 @11:35am

rwboyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone on Public Mobile receive the amber alert that went out in Ontario a few minutes ago? All the other phones in the house went off, Freedom, Fido even SpeakOut! But not mine and I've received Amber Alerts before on this handset with a different provider. 

1. Is this a Public Mobile or Telus network issue?
  2. Will it be corrected?

Thanks, 

14 REPLIES 14

empyr3al

No I did not.  Samsung Note 5 on PM (Moved from Rogers) was using LTE according to the status bar.  My friend received it on a Samsung J on an unknown network.  Silently I got a notice from the weather network but did not receive a WPA style alert.

PeterJT

Ok.. can reread them in Messages app. Go-to Settings / Advanced / Wireless Alerts.

I see 3 total; 11:41 English; 12:02 French and 13:28 English (the cancellation).

Phone died after this so there might have been a French cancellation that I missed

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received the alerts on my Cat S60 that has no sim card in it and didn't get any of the alerts, nor the earlier testing on my Honor 8. Not sure why that is at this point

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I received the alert on my Pixel XL at around 11:45 in English, then in French a half hour later. I just received the cancellation of the amber alert a few minutes ago.

Clearly there are still unresolved issues with the alertready system - it doesn't seem to be only related to one carrier.

Prose7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not receive today's alert about the little boy near Thunder Bay on my iPhone 4S.

I did not receive the previous test alerts in the past couple of weeks.

I did report to Alertready.ca ,  but have not received a reply from them.

When I did the compatibility test on Alertready.ca , the test did work okay.

??????

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should mention that I haven't upgraded to IOS 11 so maybe not having the latest software could be causing why the alert was not received.

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not get a message on my Iphone 6s.  But did see a message come through on the Weather Network app

I received the alert twice. So, it definitely works on Public Mobile.

MikeRaff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the message twice as well, both languages. I’m using an iPhone X!

ethos32

Received  message twice . One in english and in french.  Didnt think my phone was  compatible .

mercurystar

I didn't get the test alert or today's alert on my iPhone7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just received the alert, using a PH(one). 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@rwboyd I did receive it, on my unsupported Nexus 5.

PeterJT

Just received one on my Moto X Play.

Not sure of the exact time or how to reread it after the fact.

Need Help? Let's chat.