cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Gift Card - email

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just wondering if the winners that have been contacted by email and not responded because perhaps the email went to their junk folder and deleted would be send a second reminder.

Also is there a listing of the prize winners?

21 REPLIES 21

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

I notice that at least one of the contest winners had duplicate entries in the contest thread.

I thought that duplicate entries would be removed or that this action would disqualify them.

Anyways the contest is over, so it may not matter any more.

I wouldn't expect that someone posting more than one message in the contest thread would disqualify someone. Someone could easily have something to say about someone else's comment and that doesn't mean tthat an unfair advantage was gained.  Public Mobile would have taken the usernames of everyone who posted a message  and more than one posted message in that thread would have just meant one entry.

Thanks for your explanation. Totally makes sense.

With that many entries, it just wasn't clear what took place. At one point, it seemed duplicate entries were being removed from the thread itself.

@BEER , it doesn't take much time at all. Go on the winners' list, click on their profiles. All the top $100 winners had only a few posts. Congrats to them!

BEER

@LovesToPM wrote:

I notice that at least one of the contest winners had duplicate entries in the contest thread.

I thought that duplicate entries would be removed or that this action would disqualify them.

WOW! How much time did it take for you to check that out? 

@LovesToPM wrote:

I wouldn't expect that someone posting more than one message in the contest thread would disqualify someone. Someone could easily have something to say about someone else's comment and that doesn't mean tthat an unfair advantage was gained.  Public Mobile would have taken the usernames of everyone who posted a message  and more than one posted message in that thread would have just meant one entry.

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

@BantyMittal  Public mobile runs contests from time to time. This was very popular and garnered a huge response. The contests are open to all public mobile customers and usually require a post of some kind in the thread announcing the contest. You can sign up for email notifications of these types of things or just visit the community on a regular basis. @Ed404  may have noted he didn't recognize very many community regulars I was familiar with four names which given the amount entrants and the approximately 200,000 customers of public mobile the fact we even recognize one name is amazing.

This makes sense - there are 388 pages of posts that contain more then 1000 posts. Anyways it is what it is and let's just congratulate the winners.

@BantyMittal  Public mobile runs contests from time to time. This was very popular and garnered a huge response. The contests are open to all public mobile customers and usually require a post of some kind in the thread announcing the contest. You can sign up for email notifications of these types of things or just visit the community on a regular basis. @Ed404  may have noted he didn't recognize very many community regulars I was familiar with four names which given the amount entrants and the approximately 200,000 customers of public mobile the fact we even recognize one name is amazing.

boundless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@BantyMittal wrote:

Sorry, it is out of topic. How can we eligible for this e coupons? it is by our contribution at Community or what? I am new here please ignore it if it is senseless.

Thank you

PM was running a holiday promo to give away Amazon gift cards, by commenting a favourite part of the Christmas season: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/CONTEST-NOW-CLOSED-Win-a-100-Amazon-gif...

The contest is finished, but of course you can still get monthly rewards by contributing in the community: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/td-p/415

BantyMittal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, it is out of topic. How can we eligible for this e coupons? it is by our contribution at Community or what? I am new here please ignore it if it is senseless.

Thank you

Ed404

@BEER wrote:

I feel so unlucky --- just spotted the list of the Amazon gift card winners that I cut and pasting below.

Congrats to @MartineP@Mackenzie14@Kenglish@Js44@Trood, and @debbiekw who have claimed their $100 Amazon e-giftcards!

A big shout-out to everyone who has claimed their $50 Amazon e-giftcards:

Azbar, ant2, smc0187, tobey, jkroes, danielj, Duey, MoreYummy, Claytr0n, MarcSavoie, Langschool ,Cindirs, nikgenius, happynow1, UFO, ravenous, fibi200329, toadcw, Towertech12, ammdas, donnytschetter, 604cx9, davidalastair, JenL, Morgan20, arneveu, codyackert, and Czy

Finally, congratulations to every who has claimed their $10 Amazon e-giftcards: 

Mickael, MrRed, tamderek, thenorm08, atan2003, Bluesnoopy, Hendrik, ashleybowers08, italocan, mfizz55, CanuckNick , sensiblecynic, mojomiko, coffeeth, Soleil888, vonn90, kyrabarbero, bpg11,Katzie, gregbeeman777, Prithu, purewater, alisonchains, yoggee, Firstcell, Jax2011, UMM , Nolan1, aip0401,  asterwlau, jaherne, raphster, flager, Siltal, SharonMP, Irenka, djgaryb, archaiix, greg_mazeicarrier and hk0617

The sad thing is I don't recognize many of them from the community.

BEER

I feel so unlucky --- just spotted the list of the Amazon gift card winners that I cut and pasting below.

Congrats to @MartineP@Mackenzie14@Kenglish@Js44@Trood, and @debbiekw who have claimed their $100 Amazon e-giftcards!

A big shout-out to everyone who has claimed their $50 Amazon e-giftcards:

Azbar, ant2, smc0187, tobey, jkroes, danielj, Duey, MoreYummy, Claytr0n, MarcSavoie, Langschool ,Cindirs, nikgenius, happynow1, UFO, ravenous, fibi200329, toadcw, Towertech12, ammdas, donnytschetter, 604cx9, davidalastair, JenL, Morgan20, arneveu, codyackert, and Czy

Finally, congratulations to every who has claimed their $10 Amazon e-giftcards: 

Mickael, MrRed, tamderek, thenorm08, atan2003, Bluesnoopy, Hendrik, ashleybowers08, italocan, mfizz55, CanuckNick , sensiblecynic, mojomiko, coffeeth, Soleil888, vonn90, kyrabarbero, bpg11,Katzie, gregbeeman777, Prithu, purewater, alisonchains, yoggee, Firstcell, Jax2011, UMM , Nolan1, aip0401,  asterwlau, jaherne, raphster, flager, Siltal, SharonMP, Irenka, djgaryb, archaiix, greg_mazeicarrier and hk0617

BEER

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile does not usually annouce contest winners until aeverything has been finalized. This means that if someone whose name has been drawn hasn't responded, they have to draw another name.  Each person has 48 hours to respond.

Didn't know about the 48 hr timeline ---  That is the reason for my post asking if there would be more then one email just in case that the initial email went to spam folders and deleted.

@BEER wrote:

Just wondering if the winners that have been contacted by email and not responded because perhaps the email went to their junk folder and deleted would be send a second reminder.

Also is there a listing of the prize winners?

Public Mobile does not usually annouce contest winners until aeverything has been finalized. This means that if someone whose name has been drawn hasn't responded, they have to draw another name.  Each person has 48 hours to respond.

Ed404

@LovesToPM wrote:

My guess is as soon as they are done giving out the Amazon gift cards. Smiley LOL

Dangit!

@Ed404 wrote:

On a side note does anyone know when the December community contributors will be announced? Thanks

My guess is as soon as they are done giving out the Amazon gift cards. Smiley LOL

@CannonFodder wrote:

Yes, there was a post a couple of days ago, in which the person mentioned they'd received notification that they'd won a $50 Amazon card.

Thanks for your update.

Lucky (fill in the blank)! I mean congrats to those winners!

Ed404

On a side note does anyone know when the December community contributors will be announced? Thanks

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nothing has been posted in Announcements about this. Should be coming sometime soon.

Yes, there was a post a couple of days ago, in which the person mentioned they'd received notification that they'd won a $50 Amazon card.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good post. Has anyone heard anything about this?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Good question! I would also like to know if and when they started contacting potential winners.

I have to notify family and friends to check their emails.

With that many winners, I can imagine the potential overhead.

Need Help? Let's chat.