cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Circuits are busy message

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been trying to make a call and get a message saying all circuits are busy try the call again later. I used our other cell and it went through no problem. Is there a problem with the PM service right now, or do you know what can cause this?

14 REPLIES 14

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy 

Could this also in fact cause call audio to come in and out? Just asking here since you seem to know so much about it 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The message "all circuits are busy" on a phone means that all available connections in that phone network are being used.   A given network has a limited number of switches used to place calls, and when this number is exceeded, additional calls can only go through once others complete. Typically, all circuits are only full during emergencies when an abnormally large number of people in the same area try to make calls simultaneously. Phone companies try to maintain more circuits than registered phones to prevent circuit traffic, however sometimes they still become overloaded. When receiving this message when making a call, wait briefly, then retry the call.

Fred54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got this message today, "2UM2 all circuit are busy", cannot make phone call. I installed Hangout Dialer to make wifi call. It's too bad PM does not enable wifi calling...

chengtakming
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to make calls today and between 11am-1pm EST, I kept getting circuit messages. 

It does seem to work after 2pm.

@janezhen   This is more than likely due to people making more calls than normal due to the coronovirus issue.  That is overloading the networks, but people have been getting through by calling later. 

Unfortunately I think you will keep getting this message until the infections start to decline and less people are trying to call family, friends or the health services.

The phone lines and towers are experiencing heavier than normal traffic because people are calling each other to me sure we're healthy. Try again throughout the day.

You are just going to have to try again. I think this is due to the covid crisis of everyone trying to communicate.

janezhen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any solution about the problem? It happens too often the last few days, I barely can make any phone call with it

Jenn67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been experiencing this a few times this week and again today for quite some time when I am trying to make an outgoing call. 

Also, my calls have been going straight to voicemail. I have checked all settings and they should be going through. Not sure what's up. 

Been a member of PM for several years and this is the first time I have had persistent issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarvar wrote:

Just wondering @tbark is there something you did to get it work? or did the issue resolve itself with the passage of time?

Glad to hear that it's working now though.

It's something that happens around busy calling times like the holidays. Or if a particular number doesn't have the capacity to accept more connections in the background.

You just have to wait.

Jarvar

Just wondering @tbark is there something you did to get it work? or did the issue resolve itself with the passage of time?

Glad to hear that it's working now though.

tbark

Yes, I used to get that occasionally with a landline but thought it strange on Cellular network. It is back working again though.

I had this problem the other day when Roger's had a huge service outage in South-Western Ontario.  I was attempting to call my cable ISP in London, and my cellular phone was getting that message over and over.

I think, in this case, there were too many folks calling the ISP to figure out what was happening - an issue with the number of lines going into the business, all 'circuits' busy for their incoming line.

Or maybe I'm completely off on this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tbark, the service is up and running for me.  I have never heard the term all circuits are busy before.  Is this the actual message you receive when you try to make a call?  For troubleshooting, I would try rebooting the phone, checking the account status to make sure that it is active and that the plan has calling feature. 

Need Help? Let's chat.