cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel phone.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi everyone. 
my friend has a Alcatel go flip 4044v. With virgin right now. Looking to switch an I couldn’t model I. Public mobile list all they had was a one touch from Alcatel would a sim work and is there a different type I need to buy. 
thanks 

don. 

12 REPLIES 12

mellondon

Thank you. 

@mellondon 

Yes it is compatible with public mobile. There can be some issues setting up the data and MMS on it.....just difficult not impossible. @popping  has some experience with it. I'm sure by the time they switch one of us will locate the troubleshooting info to set up the data. Just have your friend come to the community and ask for help if the APN doesn't set up automatically

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon, welcome to Public Mobile, a place where we all friends (ssshhhh, don't tell the haters out there), and spread the love (not the virus, though)

puppy.jpg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon Yes, don't worry. The phone will work fine with PM if it is unlocked. Welcome to PM and all the bests! Enjoy savings.

mellondon

Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciated 

mellondon

Thanks so much. 

mellondon

Thanks for the helping 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mellondon 

I purchased a Virgin Alcatel Go Flip flip phone for my mother to use with the PM 50/50 plan almost 2 years ago.  It was cheaper to get a Virgin version than the Koodo version of Go Flip at that time.

It works very well. 👍👍

I enabled data and restart to get the APN setup automatically.  I even sent a photo MMS to her Go Flip as wallpaper.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon @Hi as @computergeek541  said it will work As for the Sim card you will just need a public sim and that will fit it is a tri punch sim and they can be broken down into three sizes Also if you were porting over a number make sure you keep your old account open until port is complete

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon  Will work just make sure you get it unlocked by Virgin before switching.

@mellondon wrote:

Hi everyone. 
my friend has a Alcatel go flip 4044v. With virgin right now. Looking to switch an I couldn’t model I. Public mobile list all they had was a one touch from Alcatel would a sim work and is there a different type I need to buy. 
thanks 

don. 

It doesn't need to be listed as compatible to work. Virgin Mobile customers are using the same network. As long as the phone is unlocked, it will work at Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.