cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the promo plan, what happens with auto-renew

jdodd1079
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi! We are THRILLED with PM and our first 3 months are almost up on the promo!

My auto-renew is set and it says that the renew price is $103 (because of auto-pay, referrals, etc). In order to keep that price, do I have to go in and change the plan? I assume that I wouldn't get another 4gB deal for the next 3 months!
14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chaos_Scorpio call it an uneducated guesstimate 😉  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@jdodd1079 sorry I didn't mean to slam you for not noticing all the details--my apologies.  Please consider it left over angst from the promo plan period.  That was a stressful time around the community!  No offense was intended, and yes it's hard to get used to a company that's both fair and reasonable!  🙂  Cheers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jdodd1079

That's polite of you to let me know.  If I had seen it, I would definitely not have needed to ask the question.  I spent the first 2 weeks after switching reading threads about how to get my phone service working again, so I was a little pre-occupied to think about what would happen 3 month later 😉

It was hard to imagine after being with a different cell company that gauged me for the last 20 years, that this was actually a true fact of something that was offered, but so pleased that it was!

jdodd1079

Ha ha - "blow-me-down" was blocked out as an explicit.  I was writing it in as a term of great wind.  Lol!!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@jdodd1079 glad you are happy!  PS it was stated about 2,736 times in the community that you get the keep the plan indefinitely, because people kept asking over and over again.  🙂 

You counted. wow. Props to you! you must've been bored to keep track of that ... guess the count is now 2737.

srlawren

@jdodd1079 glad you are happy!  PS it was stated about 2,736 times in the community that you get the keep the plan indefinitely, because people kept asking over and over again.  🙂  Ironically, that information was also contained on the very first posting in the announcement thread, that many people did not really take the time to read.  

jdodd1079
Well **bleep** down. I am officially STUNNED!!! This is amazing. I didn't even think it was more than a 3 month offering. Wow!!! Thank you PM

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

These plans are not like freedom mobile where they expire after 10months ... (I  litteraly fell out of my chair laughing ... Really Freedom you think you are FREEDOM... A name change will not save you ... you guys should see the RDF forum on it ... that OP got downvoted big time!) 

Don't change and dont let it be suspended for too long and you will have this plan as long as you want. 

I have no problem with companies trying to attract new customers with offers. I do, however, dislike it when carriers advertise the credit as somehow making the actual plan better.  When they give you $10 off for the first 10 months, and then cross out the regular price of plan, they are trying to get you to forget that the new "sale" price isn't the true cost of the plan.  I much prefer when they just be up front and say $50 or $100 credit for new customers.  The whole advertising the $45 plan as a $35 plan doesn't sit well with me because the price goes up and that so-called $35 price is only temporary.  What happened to Wind not liking it when carriers don't advertise the real cost.  Remmber, the $1 hot dog commercial?   "See, if I put the real price, I don't get any customers".  

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

These plans are not like freedom mobile where they expire after 10months ... (I  litteraly fell out of my chair laughing ... Really Freedom you think you are FREEDOM... A name change will not save you ... you guys should see the RDF forum on it ... that OP got downvoted big time!) 

Don't change and dont let it be suspended for too long and you will have this plan as long as you want. 

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi, you are on the promotional plan right now 4 gb LTE data for 103$. Public Mobile current plan is 2 gb for the same price. If you change your plan you are basically downgrading for the same price.
So never think of plan change unless something better come up your current plan.
I also have the same plan but paying 102$ for autopay, referral and community rewards.
Enjoying the service for more than 2 months.

piggykiller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My promo plan just renewed. PM will keep your promo plan until you change it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Hold that channel, don't go changing anything!  This plan is grandfathered until Public Mobile announces any changes to the terms.  In the mean time, continue to enjoy it.  

As said above, your plan will not end. You will continue to get that plan as long as you pay for it and don't change it to another plan. 

No, you don't change the plan.  If you make a change, you lose it.  You will stay on that plan unless you change to a different one.

Although t's always in the terms of service that a carrier reserves the right to change pricing in the future, no such announcement has been made, and there are customers at Public Mobile who are old plans that haven't been offered for a couple years.

Your 12GB/90 day plan continues indfifinitely as long as you keep paying for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.