cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After porting out of PM to Koodo, Reactivate new number and new plan with previous email and account

Morpheus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi,

Searched a while but couldnot find similar cases, so I created a new topic. Here is my case:

- I ported out to Koodo from PM.

- I want to use my existing PM email and selfserve account for a new number.

What should I do?, already tried to change SIM and change number in selfserve but not successful.

5 REPLIES 5

There is someone asked this same question about using old self serve account.  it doesnt work.  Cant find it anymore.  Maybe their system allow it now.  Only a MOD can tell.  

Let us know the result.

Morpheus

Tks, I might have to do it, but that is the workaround. There should be a solution like Wind or other carriers, that allowing you to reactivate the account.

I am not sure if it could be done by a Mod, anyone has similar experiences?

@Luddite wrote:

The moment the port out to Koodo completed, PM deleted your account. So, in theory you can use any email address to create a new PM account.

You would be surprised at what companies do with a customer's profile.  In the case of Wind Mobile, it just sits there and is not deleted.  But apparently, nobody has access to it until something happens to "wake it up".  I know this because I joined Wind, left and came back 10 months later.  When I activated the second time, the agent pulled my account out from the dead.  My account PIN code was still there.  I digress.  @Morpheus, the simplest solution is to use email aliasing.  This way, Koodo will think it is a different email but to email providers like google, the alias is still the same email.  This is how I have all my accounts referring to the same gmail account.  

Morpheus

I don't think so, account is not associated with number. Number is out but the account is still there.

Most carriers allow users to go back and check their payment history and billing.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The moment the port out to Koodo completed, PM deleted your account. So, in theory you can use any email address to create a new PM account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.