cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional accounts for family members issue

chrisgordey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to swap my family over the PM but the requirement for seperate accounts has me stumped. I've tried using different emails as suggested in previous topics but it won't accept the same CC#. I went to Wal-Mart to find vouchers and the lady there told me PM no longer uses vouchers. Is there an option for people that want more than one phone per household or credit card?

16 REPLIES 16

chrisgordey

FYI, found the vouchers at Shell in Red Deer AB, Gasoline Alley location. They just printed it and I assume they will work when I enter them but likely available at all Shells in Red Deer AB.

Thanks again for all the help. Waiting on Mods to add the new accounts.

Cheers,

Chris

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chrisgordey, if you did not already, ask the moderators to include your phone number as the referral for this new account for your family member - you would have put yourself as the referral had you been able to activate the account yourself 🙂

Edit: presuming you are already a Public Mobile customer.  If not, make sure to use the phone number of this new account as the referral for future family members that you activate with Public Mobile.

@chrisgordey Hang in there. Better days to come. 🌈

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

chrisgordey

Contacted Mods and am waiting for manual activation. Pity about the site issues I keep having, regardless of device I use to access. All other sites work fine, just PM that gives me issues.

Thanks for reply,

Chris

Jorno

@chrisgordey, thanks for the follow-up.

If you have not yet decided to give up, it is time to contact the moderators (the easiest way by clicking or tapping here to start a private message).  Provide the sim card number you are trying to activate and explain the 'sim number not valid' error you received.  Also include the email address(es) you used while trying to activate the sim card.  Moderators can check the status of the sim card - it might be the activation is stuck part way and needs their assistance to finish.

Good luck!

chrisgordey

Hi, okay it's not resolved but may be a different issue. I tried a new additional account with different email etc. It started spewing sim number not valid or another of random errors. Now I found vouchers today and It won't even process the activation initial page. Just freezes up and times out now. I've tried different browsers and computers thinking it was an issue locally but I can't even activate the sim, yet can navigate the PM site without issue. Ready to give up on this BS.

@Jorno wrote:

@wetcoaster, thank you for the reminder!  I had forgotten I had seen vouchers at my local 7-11 (in BC).  That is a new (or old) payment card - it has voucher denominations I have not seen before.

@Jorno

The old ones were all orange and my local Shopper's had $25, $40 and $60 denominations (one denomination per voucher), they have since shifted to this new colourful style and carry $28 and $43 denominations (one denomination per voucher) - so vouchers available seem to depend on the store / franchise, or what fits the store's POS system best.

Jorno

@wetcoaster, thank you for the reminder!  I had forgotten I had seen vouchers at my local 7-11 (in BC).  That is a new (or old) payment card - it has voucher denominations I have not seen before.

@Luddite wrote:

Getting 1 card to activate several accounts is glitchy to say the least. Most folks can get 2 done before it fails. The only cure seems to be getting each account activated with other cards, or vouchers. Once properly activated you return to each account, delete the credit card, and add the one you want.

Only the email address must be different for each account. Don't forget to give your number as the referral.

Vouchers are alive and well, just tricky to find. Try the search tool here https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay, or ask around at these shops: 

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar - seems to be the best bet overall
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart - SIMs only; seem unable to do vouchers
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

To add to the list: I found this in two 7-11 store in my town recently (stumbled upon it in the one store and then went to look if the second one had them as well):

IMG_20171208_131236.jpg

Next I have to check out is the corner store a couple of blocks down the road which is listed on PM's supplier list...

chrisgordey

Thanks. I'll give it a try and reply if issues arise.

Cheers,

Chris

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chrisgordey, it should not be a problem using the same credit card twice.  It is the third time that is difficult.  If you have a second credit card, use it during activation.  Once activation is successful, you can go back and do a card switch.  This is the workaround for using the same credit card more than twice.  It has worked for me and should also for others. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@chrisgordey instead of running around looking for vouchers, have you tried activating the accounts using a pre paid visa or MasterCard?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Getting 1 card to activate several accounts is glitchy to say the least. Most folks can get 2 done before it fails. The only cure seems to be getting each account activated with other cards, or vouchers. Once properly activated you return to each account, delete the credit card, and add the one you want.

Only the email address must be different for each account. Don't forget to give your number as the referral.

Vouchers are alive and well, just tricky to find. Try the search tool here https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay, or ask around at these shops: 

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar - seems to be the best bet overall
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart - SIMs only; seem unable to do vouchers
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@chrisgordey, that lady is giving you wrong information.  Do you have the location of the Walmart?  That should be moved forward to Management so they can take it further what is the point of having your  product in a store and you have people that are giving out totally wrong information and providing a disservice to your business.

Do you already have 2 accounts on that credit Card as that is all that you can have on  a credit card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jorno

@chrisgordey, thank you for asking your questions in the community!

I can confirm that Public Mobile does still use payment vouchers.  I have found them at Shell gas stations, Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drug Mart.  Walmart does not sell vouchers, only SIM cards (based on the last time I checked my local Walmart).

Other members of the community will be able to help you with advice on how to manage multiple accounts.

Good luck!

Edit: Bravo to @stonechucker for typing up a faster reply 🙂

Edit: From my experience, the search tool on the website for "Where To Buy Public Mobile Payment Vouchers" is not accurate.  If you feel comfortable providing the town in which you would purchase vouchers, chances are good that a community member could direct you to an exact location.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile does still use vouchers.  Try a shell / esso / Shoppers Drugmart / Canadian Tire gas bar if Walmart doesn't want to sell them.

ALSO > Walmart has been known to not actually process the voucher - they sell you the display card which is useless.  They need to look up the code in the computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.