cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding money on for minutes

connels
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just added $10 to my account for minutes and the plan includes Canada wide calling but it says I can't make calls and need a long distance add on. Please tell me I just blew 10 for nothing. What can I do?

18 REPLIES 18

connels

Thank you so much! I did the lost/stolen option and resetting and it worked! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! I use this phone for crisis services and needed it desperately to work. This worked perfectly. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@connels wrote:

I changed my plan. To the $10 one for the Canada wide calling I believe 50 minutes. So when I try making a call it says it can't 

Put a 1 in front of phone number and try again.

If your ignore the warning message, will it continuw to connect?

If not, your account was not provisioned correctly.  You can send a private message to moderator.  But the wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.  You can try the stolen/lost phone trick described in this forum.  Do a search for that post.

@connels wrote:

How do I get the 200 minutes for $10?

Once you have changed to the $10 plan and everything is ok, you just need to make sure you have $8 available in you account then go to add-ons and purchase the 200  North America minutes.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@connels wrote:

I changed my plan. To the $10 one for the Canada wide calling I believe 50 minutes. So when I try making a call it says it can't 

That's what I thought you said.

Is it showing active in the self-serve?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

connels

popping

@connels wrote:

There is a $8, NOT $10, 200 minutes add-on.

There is a $10 plan with 50 minutes + 50 outgoing texts.

You account is suspened now.  You need to change your plan to $10 plan first, using my instruction above, before you can add the $8 200 minutes add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@connels wrote:

I think we still need to establish where you're at with your account.

@connels wrote:

It is in the add-on section and it is 200 North American minutes for $8. But your account needs to be active first for anything to work

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@connels wrote:

How?

How what? indeed. It's usually helpful to indicate in your post who you're saying something to.

So your plan suspended. Are you saying you changed it to the $10 plan? And you had put the money into your account? And does it say active now? But you're not getting any service?

If so then try the lost/stolen trick to maybe get it working again.

connels

@connels wrote:

How?

Read this thread on how to change your plan when your account is suspended. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@connels wrote:

How?

Follows the instruction in the follwoing link to change your plan to $10.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

@connels wrote:

How?

How what?

The add-on does not expire, it rolls over to your next cycle until used up. So if you did get an add-on you may want to keep it for safety. Better than running out and needing to renew plan early.

connels

How?

connels

My plan was suspended and I changed my plan to 10 so I could get minutes and it's Canada wide

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@connels wrote:

I just added $10 to my account for minutes and the plan includes Canada wide calling but it says I can't make calls and need a long distance add on. Please tell me I just blew 10 for nothing. What can I do?

Hi,

There is no $10 minute add-on, did you actually purchase the add-on? Is it showing in your self serve account under add-ons?

Adding an add-on is a 2 step process so you may just have added money to your account which will get applied to your next plan renewal.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@connels wrote:

What is your original plan?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@connels wrote:

Is your plan active or suspended?

Are you on the $10 plan?

Public Mobile doesn't do minutes per se. You add value to your account and then buy add-ons or renew (or change) your service.

You can buy the 200 minute add-on with your $10.

Need Help? Let's chat.