cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

Lauriealm1959
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased US talk text & data . I am having trouble responding to texts and cannot make phone calls. Anyone have ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Lauriealm1959

Thanks. Did not realize the 2 steps. 👍

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Lauriealm1959 

Did you actually purchase the add-on it just put funds for it on the account? Does it show up in your add-on section? It's a 2 step process, you put money first then you make the purchase

You don't need add-on to receive messages, the fact that you get them means you are on att/T-Mobile network already but you are not allowed to roam if you can't reply or talk.

@Lauriealm1959  Turning roaming on only applies to data and not the data/text package. Try manually connecting to AT&T or T-Mobile to see if it works. If not then submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Lauriealm1959

Yes that's the add on. Trying a few suggestions now. Thanks 

Lauriealm1959

I'll try that thanks.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lauriealm1959 If the roaming plan shows in your self service/my account , then enable roaming on your phone and restart it. If this doesn't work for you, manually choose the AT&T network and restart your phone .

@Lauriealm1959 wrote:

I purchased US talk text & data . I am having trouble responding to texts and cannot make phone calls. Anyone have ideas?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Lauriealm1959 Did you just activate your sim card? If yes, did you port in your number from another provider? If yes, seems like porting is not done yet. 

EDIT: This is confusing now lol. Did you buy the "U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle" add-on for $20? If yes, this is a US Roaming add-on and it will only work while you are roaming in the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.