cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-Ons

dabr
Mayor / Maire

I see a lot of posts where a PM customer visiting the US have tried to but are unable to purchase another duplicate add-on either because they've used up all the data and/or are almost at the 10 day limit for  This seems quite a drawback for the data add-on especially as it would require the customer to completely deplete their data package or 10 day time limit which means they have to facilitate another purchase using a less secure wifi option.  Or are they able to private message message beforehand to purchase another add-on which will kick in relatively quickly.  Just wondering what the reasons may be about not allowing duplicate add-ons from PM's perspective.

6 REPLIES 6

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

And another restriction is that the max data for US data is 1GB.  If you want to purchase 2 GB of data for 10 days in US, the add-on page only allows you to purchase 1 GB 😞

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@will13amand @computergeek541 ...so does private messaging moderators before running out of data or expiry of add-ons facilitate another purchase relatively quickly? 

I believe what has to happen is that the one add-on has to be manually removed before another can be added.

As to how quick/how long it takes for you to get a moderator to do this, the actual process is probably less than a minute, although I can't say for sure as I'm not a moderator.  The amount time required for moderators to actually get to your private message is dependent on how busy they are.  If they're not too busy, it could be done within minutes, but if there's a queue of messages that they need to get through, it could take a couple of days.

Yes I can see that would make sense.  Thanks.

@dabr wrote:

@will13amand @computergeek541 ...so does private messaging moderators before running out of data or expiry of add-ons facilitate another purchase relatively quickly? 

I believe what has to happen is that the one add-on has to be manually removed before another can be added.

As to how quick/how long it takes for you to get a moderator to do this, the actual process is probably less than a minute, although I can't say for sure as I'm not a moderator.  The amount time required for moderators to actually get to your private message is dependent on how busy they are.  If they're not too busy, it could be done within minutes, but if there's a queue of messages that they need to get through, it could take a couple of days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dabr , I can explain the clumsiness with the US add-on purchasing process.  The add-ons start immediately upon purchase.  Therein lies the difficulty.  They have to use one purchase at a time to prevent concurrent add-ons from running at the same time.  Public Mobile had been asked to look into using a user specified start time but there seems to be little appetite.  So long as the purchase structure remains this way, we will not be able to stack add-on purchases.  

@dabr wrote:

I see a lot of posts where a PM customer visiting the US have tried to but are unable to purchase another duplicate add-on either because they've used up all the data and/or are almost at the 10 day limit for  This seems quite a drawback for the data add-on especially as it would require the customer to completely deplete their data package or 10 day time limit which means they have to facilitate another purchase using a less secure wifi option.  Or are they able to private message message beforehand to purchase another add-on which will kick in relatively quickly.  Just wondering what the reasons may be about not allowing duplicate add-ons from PM's perspective.

Duplicate roaming add-ons would both start at the same time of purchase.  I understand that a customer may want to stack usage, but I suspect that many customers woud not realize that simultaneous start.  It is a system limitation, although I am unsure if it is deliberate.  There are some cases where the system allows purchase of some add-ons that are of no use to the customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.