cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Data Cycle

jwsdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My next autopay date is set to Nov. 7th. I'm on a 90-day pass. Does this mean my current cycle ends on Nov. 7 and my data gets reset the next day at midnight?  

12 REPLIES 12

jwsdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry for the super late reply! You guys are great! Now I can accurately track my data usage. Many thanks @daredogg @srlawren @Shazia_K Smiley Happy and thanks for the warm welcome. 

@srlawren haha yeah, that's why I use YNAB for budgeting. It helps me to know exactly how much I need for a payment, even if I spread it over a few months. By February, I'll be below $34 per month (provided I continue participating in the community and gaining those extra rewards). I'm on the province-wide, texting, 1GB per month plan.

Sorry @jwsdm to string you along with mine and srlawren's conversation! Robot Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg Yeah if you're carrying a balance, then you have to weight the carrying cost (interest) of the up-front payment of the 90-days vs. the amount (the $5/30 days) you would save in doing so.  It might well be that the extra interest accrual could erase most or all of that $15, and possibly even cost you more.  I didn't take the into consideration, but I'm glad you did.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Thanks for the suggestion. The savings work out to $15 ($5 per month). I'll be switching to 90-day in January. I decided to save up to it, instead of just plopping the whole amount on my credit card now. I'm looking forward to PayPal being implemented, because I don't like using credit cards (especially when carrying a balance).

srlawren

@daredogg hey since it sounds like you're planning to stick with PM for the forseeable future, have you given any thought to moving to a 90-day plan instead of 30?  The plans work out a bit cheaper than 3 x the 30 day price I believe.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

... and thanks for your clarification @srlawren!  (I remember you saying the temporary expired was normal in another one of your posts)

Now that I've experienced my first autopay renewal, I'm on my way to being rewarded for my loyalty (only 11 more months to go! haha)

srlawren

@daredogg awesome follow-up!

Just an FYI, the temporary EXPIRED on the evening of your renewal is normal, and your service should keep working as usual (as you experienced).  Nothing to be alarmed about, as frightening as it is the first time you see it!!!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

A follow-up to my last post...

My account successfully renewed last night, but I wanted to comment on what happened. I checked my self-serve account last night at 9:30 before going to bed, and my Account Status said Plan Expired. Seeing that message was somewhat concerning because my credit card had not yet been charged, but my phone was still working, so I ended up going to bed.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 9.08.22 PM.png

When I woke up this morning, I checked the Account Status again, and it was back to Active and my phone was still working. So, it appears that the credit card charge and renewal all happened at the same time, and I'm assumming that was at 12:00:00 EST October 20th (my renewal date).

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.44.00 AM.png

In your case @jwsdm your current cycle will end on Nov 6th, and at midnight, Nov 7th your credit card will be charged, your renewal will happen, and your data will be reset.

Hope that helps, but I'm glad you posted this message as it was an opportunity for me to figure out exactly how the autopay renewal works! lol Robot wink

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@daredogg!!

Good job! you got the exact answer! Smiley LOL

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

PS: @jwsdm welcome to the Public Mobile community 🙂

srlawren

This is a good question, @jwsdm, and frankly one that's never been completely clear to me either.  I believe @daredogg's explanation is correct, that your autopay date is on the last day of your current cycle, and you renew at midnight (Eastern time zone if I'm not mistaken) between the autopay day and the following day.  So in your example, your new plan would start at 00:00 EST (or EDT? I can never remember when we fall back!) on Nov 8th.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M or @Saray_O, could you please confirm, or correct me if I'm wrong?  Thank you in advance!

EDIT:  corrected wrong date!  oops.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

My understanding is that the autopay happens on the last day of your cycle, so you should be charged on Nov 7th, so that funds are available for Nov 8th to process your payment. That would mean, if I understand correctly, that at midnight (Nov 8th), your plan should renew.

Maybe someone else can confirm, but that's my understanding.  My 30-day pass renews tomorrow, so I'll get to see if that's what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.