cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation unsuccessful

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from Telus Mobility (so no unlocking required) and activated my SIM card yesterday.   At the end of the activation process, a generic error message appeared on my computer screen.   I then received a text message from Public Mobile:  "Your new PIN is XXXX."  I never asked for a new PIN, so I'm wondering why they sent me one.  Also, although my SIM card has supposedly been activated -- my Telus mobility account has been cancelled and my credit card has been charged by Public Mobile -- I can't make outgoing calls, receive incoming calls,access data, or send/receive texts.  I also have not received a text message containing a  6-digit code, which I need to create an on-line account.   I have tried removing the SIM card and re-installing it several times, powering my phone on and off, checking my APN settings...Nothing helps. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

@86958695 wrote:

I ported my number from Telus Mobility (so no unlocking required) and activated my SIM card yesterday.   At the end of the activation process, a generic error message appeared on my computer screen.   I then received a text message from Public Mobile:  "Your new PIN is XXXX."  I never asked for a new PIN, so I'm wondering why they sent me one.  Also, although my SIM card has supposedly been activated -- my Telus mobility account has been cancelled and my credit card has been charged by Public Mobile -- I can't make outgoing calls, receive incoming calls,access data, or send/receive texts.  I also have not received a text message containing a  6-digit code, which I need to create an on-line account.   I have tried removing the SIM card and re-installing it several times, powering my phone on and off, checking my APN settings...Nothing helps. What should I do?

For online activation, customers are forced to pick a PIN in the first screen.  I am assuming that you go the error mesaage after the payment screen?  

Either way, since your number apppears to have been ported over but you don't have any service and your self-serve account isn't working, I believe it time to contact the moderators. You can do that by clicking on this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@86958695Sounds like a service provisioning problem. There has been a few cases like that the last few days.. in the future.. setup the account first.. then port after when everything is working.

Contact the moderators is the only thing you can do https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@86958695 , it does seem like your activation failed partially but enough to submit a number port from the old provider.  In this case, the only recourse is to seek moderator team assistance to correct whatever affected the activation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

BTW, generally a successful activation results in Public Mobile sending you an SMS with the PIN code you selected.  In the past the system would send two SMS, the first one with a wrong PIN code and the second with the right PIN code.  Not sure if that issue has been corrected.  

Need Help? Let's chat.